• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
  • Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been very busy with work and haven't had much time to do it. I'll try to update a bit some time over the next week so look forward to that! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Feck it, I'll try! I'm just gonna have fun with it, rather than worry about having a hard challenge.

Username: HeroesAndCons
    Partner Pokemon: Magmortar (start with Magby)
    Challenge: Single
    Game: Pokemon Red++ Hard Version (Mateo's Red hack)
    NOTE: To get the Pokemon I wanted, I used the Wonder Trade feature (traded away my starter) until I received a Magby.

=========================

So I started with Squirtle because its the bulkiest, therefore the easiest to win the rival match... also, the Rival would have Bulbasaur which would make things easier. I fetched the package from the Mart, got the Pokedex, then caught a Rattata so I can trade my starter away - as the Wonder Trade works by giving you a Pokemon of level equal to the one you traded away, and I wanted to get a level 8 Pokemon and not a level 3. Then I repeatedly traded the received Pokemon until I received Magby.

Phew! Now that that's out of the way... I went to Route 1 and caught a Pidgey, which will be my Fly slave, then went to pick up a Meowth from Route 22, which can learn both Cut and Flash. After grinding to level 11, the Rival appeared!

RIVAL BATTLE (ROUTE 22):
    Eevee (Lvl 10) was first out. After a smokescreen, I pounded on it with Ember until it fainted; Eevee never landed a hit. A level 9 Rattata was sent out, which fell much faster. A level 11 Pidgey's Sand Attack made defeating it a struggle, and a couple of Gusts forced me to use a Potion, but I landed 2 Embers and it was down; Magby then leveled up to Lvl 12 and learned Faint Attack. Finally, a level 12 Bulbasaur came out; Magby's low Defense meant even Vine Whipe was hurting a bit, and I only hit one Ember out of 4 uses before I was forced to use my last Potion. I gave up on landing another Ember and used 2 Faint Attacks to finish it off; thankfully, Magby's Attack is about as good as his Special, so it was a clean 2 hits from ~50% HP... so Magby won, with 3 HP left.

After scurrying to the Pokecentre and stocking up on Potions and Antidotes, I blitzed through Viridian Forest and BURNED THE WHOLE PLACE TO THE GROUND-- Okay, I just killed a hundred bugs; I also learned Fire Spin, which could come in handy. I made sure I was level 20 before entering Brock's Gym though... this was not gonna be easy.

I rested at the Pokecentre, walked to the Gym with my held held high, and faced down the Gym trainer, who's level 14 Diglett and Sandshrew were quickly burned to cinders. I walked up to the back wall where Brock was standing, and prepared to fight. "Fine then... Show me your best," he said, and the battle began.

BROCK (PEWTER GYM)
    As I sent out Magby, Brock sent out a level 12 Aerodactyl. Smokescreen meant his own attempt to make me miss, Sand Attack, failed, and I proceeded to wail on it with Faint Attack; 3 Faint Attacks was all it took, as Aerodactyl gave up attempting to hit me with the already-inaccurate Rock Tomb and spammed Agility. Omastar (lvl 13) was Brock's next 'mon. After Smokescreening for extra safety, I used Fire Spin which, thansk to its Gen 1 mechanics, stopped him attacking me at all! After getting him down to ~40% HP, I slammed it with a couple of Faint Attacks (while he, of coursed, missed); Magby reached level 21.
    Omastar down, Brock seemed dismayed - how could he lose to a baby Fire type?! He sent out his best - a level 15 Kabutops. After hitting Kabutops with a Smokescreen (of course), he responded with a Rock Tomb which blew Magby apart... almost. Down to 3 HP, I panicked and made Magby use another Smokescreen. Brock, seeing victory within his grasp, grinned, commanding Kabutops to use Absorb to finish Magby off... but it only did 1 HP damage. As Magby was still faster than Kabutops, and Magby could not take another Rock Tomb even if I potioned him up, I decided to run with Fire Spin and try and whittle him down. After 9 or 10 turns of keeping KAbutops in fire, unable to move, he finally collapsed. Brock was defeated.

He offered a Boulderbadge and a TM36 (Rock Tomb) from his extended hands. I took it, slightly shaken from Magby's near-defeat. Restoring him at the Pokecentre, I ensured I had the Potions and Repels necessary to get through the approaching hellhole... Mt Moon.

STATS:

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates recently. I've been very busy with work and haven't had much time to do it. I'll try to update a bit some time over the next week so look forward to that! :)

No problem mate, I'll be looking forward to it.

I keep saying I'm gonna ultimate my Butterfree, because completionism, but I'm thinking I might do something different. What about...

The Water starter solo? :D Like an ultimate, but instead of the same Pokemon each time, it's the Water starter of that gen. Might be a bit more interesting.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, when I did my Butterfree solo, I chose Chikorita in the hopes I could add some challenge with the rival's Typhlosion. :D It didn't really happen. Sleep powder, sleep powder, sleep powder, sleep powder, sleep powder, sleep powder. My life during that run.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Part 2:

After blazing a trail through Route 3, I arrived at the dreaded Mt. Moon. I rested at the nearby Pokecentre, and made sure I was stocked up on potions. The first few fights were a little tricky since there were a few Geodudes (who resist fire) and Clefairys (who are bulky) among the trainers and wild battles. Then, after climbing down a ladder into a small room and beating some dude who called himself "Rocket James", I found another ladder that lead me to fresh air! Inside the Mt Moon crater was a lovely shop which allowed me to buy Repels, and I re-entered Mt Moon feeling safe from the innumerable Zubats and Geodudes trying to penetrate my orifice, along with some chick called "Rocket Jesse" who really wanted me to see her purple snake. Thankfully it was easy to beat - thanks to Fire Spin, even the lone Hiker's beefed up Geodude and Onix were swiftly defeated.

The last floor contained several Rocket Grunts, armed to the teeth with shitty Pokemon. 4 Rattatas and 4 Zubats (and two new moves - Fire Punch and Confuse Ray) later, I reached some nerd who gracefully just gave me his two Fossils that were lying on the floor. Finally, I found the glorious sanctuary of Cerulean City, which had a Pokecentre just waiting for me. I rested, purchased a few more potions, and set out North in pursuit of dreams (and a ticket to a big boat). Unfortunately, someone was in the way...

RIVAL BATTLE (CERULEAN CITY):
    Jolteon (lvl 21) was my first opponent, my Rival clearly thinking that Speed was key. Unfortunately, my 8-level advantage meant I was faster, and a few turns of Fire Spinning him forced it into unconsciousness.
    Pidgeotto (lvl 20) was next up, so I used Confuse Ray to give myself an edge - which I might need thanks to Jolteon pulling off a Sand Attack during a Fire Spin miss; he promptly hit himself. I launched another Fire Spin and his HP soon dwindled to Zero. The Rival sent out Kadabra (lvl 21) but didn't get the memo that Magby knew Faint Attack; the frail Psychic type was outsped and downed in one hit. Raticate (lvl 20) was than sent out, which got Confuse Ray'd hard, but pulled off a Focus Energy. Before it could crit Magby out with Hyper Fangs, I critted him first with Fire Punch, ending the threat instantly. Finally, his key Pokemon, a lvl 22 Ivysaur, was sent out as a last ditch attempt, but Fire Punch quickly put all concerns to rest. Magby reached lvl 30, and - finally - evolved to Magmar!

I made my way to the Pokecentre and prepared for the journey ahead.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Part 2:

After blazing a trail through Route 3, I arrived at the dreaded Mt. Moon. I rested at the nearby Pokecentre, and made sure I was stocked up on potions. The first few fights were a little tricky since there were a few Geodudes (who resist fire) and Clefairys (who are bulky) among the trainers and wild battles. Then, after climbing down a ladder into a small room and beating some dude who called himself "Rocket James", I found another ladder that lead me to fresh air! Inside the Mt Moon crater was a lovely shop which allowed me to buy Repels, and I re-entered Mt Moon feeling safe from the innumerable Zubats and Geodudes trying to penetrate my orifice, along with some chick called "Rocket Jesse" who really wanted me to see her purple snake. Thankfully it was easy to beat - thanks to Fire Spin, even the lone Hiker's beefed up Geodude and Onix were swiftly defeated.

The last floor contained several Rocket Grunts, armed to the teeth with s**tty Pokemon. 4 Rattatas and 4 Zubats (and two new moves - Fire Punch and Confuse Ray) later, I reached some nerd who gracefully just gave me his two Fossils that were lying on the floor. Finally, I found the glorious sanctuary of Cerulean City, which had a Pokecentre just waiting for me. I rested, purchased a few more potions, and set out North in pursuit of dreams (and a ticket to a big boat). Unfortunately, someone was in the way...

RIVAL BATTLE (CERULEAN CITY):
    Jolteon (lvl 21) was my first opponent, my Rival clearly thinking that Speed was key. Unfortunately, my 8-level advantage meant I was faster, and a few turns of Fire Spinning him forced it into unconsciousness.
    Pidgeotto (lvl 20) was next up, so I used Confuse Ray to give myself an edge - which I might need thanks to Jolteon pulling off a Sand Attack during a Fire Spin miss; he promptly hit himself. I launched another Fire Spin and his HP soon dwindled to Zero. The Rival sent out Kadabra (lvl 21) but didn't get the memo that Magby knew Faint Attack; the frail Psychic type was outsped and downed in one hit. Raticate (lvl 20) was than sent out, which got Confuse Ray'd hard, but pulled off a Focus Energy. Before it could crit Magby out with Hyper Fangs, I critted him first with Fire Punch, ending the threat instantly. Finally, his key Pokemon, a lvl 22 Ivysaur, was sent out as a last ditch attempt, but Fire Punch quickly put all concerns to rest. Magby reached lvl 30, and - finally - evolved to Magmar!

I made my way to the Pokecentre and prepared for the journey ahead.

Current Stats:

Last edited:

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    Name: ElectricN
    Partner: Breloom
    Game: Emerald

A Day into this so I'll post my updates.
    Breloom is great. Grass is my favorite type, and Breloom is easily one of the best ones out there. Already to the third Gym and Breloom is way ahead of the opponents levels

Breloom (M) 27 Adamant

Mega Drain
    Headbutt
    Mach Punch
    Leech Seed

Years
  • Completed Ultimate Solo Solrock! ^^
    I really enjoyed using Solrock. It wasn't too easy, but it wasn't too hard. It was just right :). I think that Gardenia was the only gym leader that required me to grind a few levels before I could beat her. Other than that and some E4 fights, I think I haven't had any other major problems. Also in Unova most of the Crunches were critical and/or caused my defense to fall. Just my luck {XD}.
    Kanto:
    Spoiler:
    Johto:
    Spoiler:
    Hoenn:
    Spoiler:
    Sinnoh:
    Spoiler:
    Unova:
    Spoiler:
    Kalos:
    Spoiler:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • Previous Update

It's been over 2 months since my last update but I finally got back to my Pikachu Ultimate Solo challenge. I had a busy month of school in April and then a long vacation in May. All of that on top of the fact that I was stuck on the E4 demotivated me, but I'm back to it. Shorter update this time because I don't really remember the details of my adventure since I last updated, but it's something.

Yunachu's weak defensive stats made the E4 a pain to deal with. I ended up just running a gauntlet through the E4, getting as far as I could without worrying too much about healing and actually trying to get to the end just to boost Yunachu's levels. I started the E4 around the low 50s and Yunachu was at Level 78 when we finally made it through. I feel like it's pretty much smooth sailing from here on out. I picked up 3 badges in Kanto really quick before I saved and called it a day.

Yunachu
    , Lvl. 81 (Mild)
    ThunderBolt | Iron Tail | Strength | Thunder
    Spoiler:

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    Finished!

This was my first, true solo run. I've always wanted to try one, but never been able to pick which Pokemon.
    Found an old Emerald file on my emulator with my only Pokemon as shoomrish and thought I'd go for it.

Breloom was fantastic. First half of the game was simple, he had so much of a level advantage everything was one hit KO. Then I got to Flannery, and even with a 15 level lead, her Torkoal could one hit Breloom. There wasn't anything to grind since I didn't have the go goggles yet, so I just kept trying and got lucky one of her Overheats missed.

Psychic Gym was also difficult, since it was a double battle where I only had one Pokemon. Took a few tries but eventually got through it.

Both Maxie and Archie were easy,

Struggled on the Elite 4 specifically with Ghosts (can't hit them with Fighting) and Dragons (they all knew flying moves) but got through on my 3rd. Juan being water was fairly simple, and even had it been Steven, Steel would've been simple.

Breloom (M) LVL 81 Adamant

Lax Incense
    Giga Drain
    Headbutt
    Sky Uppercut
    Iron Tail

Will definitely be doing another. Though now i have an issue of choosing a Pokemon.
    Ive narrowed it down to either Venusaur or Houndoom, and would like to try ultimate with it.

Any input is welcome! Maybe I should do a random/solo run and let someone else pick which pokemon I use lol

Last edited:

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Did a small update on the OP just now. Really only finished off page 124, but updating that 3-4 posts was me making a promise to myself to update a lot more today! Expect a bigger update later today, hopefully a whole page, but it will DEFINITELY happen!

Also I'm 6 badges into Platinum for my Ampharos run, hope to finish that today or some time this week as well. As for my Blastoise run in Emerald I'm 2-3 badges in. Will update when either of them are complete. :D

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Okay so I managed to actually completely update two, count it, TWO pages today! Started a third but I'm far too sleepy to continue for today, hopefully I can find some time after work tomorrow to finish or it'll have to wait until Friday. Anyway, progress is updated to post 3155 and anything after that hasn't been touched. If I missed anything or made any errors please let me know and I'll correct it asap.

Happy challenging everyone! :]

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Also I'm 6 badges into Platinum for my Ampharos run, hope to finish that today or some time this week as well.

You honestly just reminded me I gotta get back on the Amphy solo grind. Welp, may as well slap the Gen 3 run onto my to do list. But in the meantime, I'm just gonna slide these in real quick.

Username: KoboraX
    Partner Pokemon: Politoed (I will be using the randomizer to make evolutions easier for this one because trade evo)
    Game(s): Gold

And while I didn't intend to get it done right away, I had some time while waiting for Left 4 Dead 2 to install, so I ended up getting another Amphy run done pretty quick. Funny story on how the Elite Four went, actually. I ended up getting bodied by Steven the first time, then on my second run, I ran out of PP restoring items...while only having one move that could hurt Ghost types. That and tons of misses during the battle with Drake drained my PP to a point where I ended up having to kill half of Steven's team by stalling out Earthquakes and Ancientpowers and Struggle killing them all. Yes, I used Struggle to wipe out half of Steven's team.

Username: KoboraX
    Partner Pokemon: Ampharos
    Game(s): Sapphire

Team Zero (Final)

Amphy (Ampharos) Lv. 65 @ Quick Claw
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Static
    Moves: Strength, Brick Break, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

So after I bang out some other runs, it'll be Sinnoh time...and time for yet another 1st gym that has Geodudes while I'm using an Electric type. I swear, I won't get a break with that until Unova.​

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    I got bored today so I decided to start a challenge on Red

Usrname: Xander729
    Game: Red
    Pokemon: Nidoking

Update:

Badges; 2/8

Nidoking Lv. 29 (Mega Punch, Peck, Bubblebeam, Dig)

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    I got bored today so I decided to start a challenge on Red

Usrname: Xander729
    Game: Red
    Pokemon: Nidoking

Update:

Badges; 2/8

Nidoking Lv. 29 (Mega Punch, Peck, Bubblebeam, Dig)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Username: Superstrength79
    Partner Pokemon: Tropius "Banananator"
    Game: Alpha Sapphire

Eager to sign up! I've always wanted to run a solo game and I always thought Tropius called to me for something special. I went ahead and bred one for the game in my Pokemon X and transferred it to the bank. It taught it Hidden Power (Steel) and bred it to have Dragon Dance and Leaf Blade. It is also rocking the Harvest ability, which should be clutch for when I'm facing down some Ice attacks later in the game... now I need to track down a Yache berry though...

Beginning my epic quest:

Meeting the commoners:

Unleashing the power:

Pwning noobs: Unfortunately, Banananator wasn't obeying me due to getting LVL 12 on the way to the first gym. I was lucky enough that he listened to me for the first couple of trainers and I took out the Geodudes with Leaf Blade and Gust (to finish the Sturdy ones off). Banananator really loafed around and pretended not to notice against Roxanne's Geodude, but I manage to get off a Leaf Blade and she wasted her potion curing it. I got in one more Leaf Blade and took it out. Nosepass was really high on the defense side, so Leaf Blade wasn't actually doing much. When Banananator finally listened to me, I switched to Hidden Power: Steel which was doing more damage than Leaf Blade. Ended up prevailing after eating a few Oran berries and using one Potion.

Sweeping with ease: Banananator was only LVL 16, so he finally obeyed me and I was able to sweep through all of the Fighting-type Pokemon with ease. It did take two Gust attacks to take out Brawly's Makuhita though.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • Here's the details for my Blastoise run through Emerald, will move on to Platinum as soon as I finish my Ampharos run on it since I'm playing on my actual cartridge.

Challenge
    Spoiler:
    Badges

Hall Of Fame
    Spoiler:

Nautilus @Mystic Water
    Level 64 | Male | Impish | Torrent
    Surf | Ice Beam | Earthquake | Bite​

I'll be updating the OP either tonight after work or tomorrow as I have the day off.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Xander's Pokemon Challenges

Pokemon Red Nidoking Solo

Finished! it was a pretty quick ad easy run, Nidoking is so Op in gen 1 as it can learn nearly any TM

Hall of Fame:

Nidoking Lv. 76
    Mega Punch, Megahorn, Surf, Thunderbolt

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back