• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Come on just one more paragraph!" *watches tv for 8 hours straight*

Years
  • I've asked people on here about procrastination before. Many of us consider ourselves professional procrastinators, but what happens when you procrastinate too much

With me I procrastinated so much (watched t.v., played video games, watched an insane amount of youtube videos) for a project this semester that I ended up not finishing it in time and having to beg my teacher for an incomplete instead of an "F". I blame myself completely, my procrastination and non-focus and laziness completely screwed me over.

So when did your own procrastination go to far and end up very bad for you? or when did your extreme procrastination actually work out for the best? (an example would be you procrastinated studying for a test and the class ended up being cancelled the next day)

p.s. im writing this right now when i should be doing that project i didnt complete....i need help.....

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    What happens when you procrastinate too much? Well you become an insomniac so you don't lose your job or get kicked out of school pretty much. That's basically what happened to me. Mind you I'm not as bad when it comes to procrastination as I once was as I don't tend to do the whole binge watching TV shows thing anymore. I think that's the key too it, you can only have one 'procrastination vice' or it will become too much. For me that became solely video games, and I know a lot of other people my age are falling out of video games because they're still doing to TV binge watch/Movie Marathon thing.

Years
  • I procrastinate loads on assignments and stuff, but I'm a master at putting things together last minute. Last year, I did an entire history assignment the night before it was due, and got 29/30 for it. So pretty much, extreme procrastination has always worked out well for me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think the absolute worse was during my last year of high school - I made the mistake of taking one of my courses online, which was a terrible idea because of my poor time management skills. There were no deadlines on any of the assignments, just one date per term when everything needed to be handed in, so naturally I ended up doing an entire semester's worth of essays, video assignments and book reports in one weekend. Did not sleep for 48+ hours (napped at keyboard a few times though). But I still got 88% in that class as my final grade.

Like DRCM, I actually find I do my best work when I'm most pressed for time. Basically, this is the story of my life

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I still procrastinate a lot, but it was much worse when I went to school. Thankfully, I've figured out that timing most of my actions and paying heavy attention to the clock tends to cut it by quite a bit. The guilt as minutes pass by and I still haven't done the thing I'm supposed to do is enough to stop me mostly. Sometimes, I'll let myself procrastinate though because I'm human, and I need a break. Don't want to overdo it.

Right now, I'm procrastinating a bit because I need to write some quick notes about my roleplay in a document. And then I have to go write an entry in my Tumblr. These sound like trivial activities, but to me, they are as serious as a school assignment. I am very dedicated to my story roleplay projects and want to make sure they continue so that they can be finished in a timely manner. And writing an entry in my Tumblr is important to regulate my mental health. I tend to procrastinate on things like this over the course of several days, due to tiredness/work/my fiance being a distraction sometimes too.

But no worries. I plan to get to what I'm supposed to do in around ten minutes or so.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023

I procrastinate too much. I get too comfortable being lazy, especially when it's close to the end of a school year or semester.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I do a lot of procrastinating when I'm writing. I get easily distracted by a ton of things as well, and I end up losing focus. Lately, my current obsession has been causing me a HUGE amount of procrastination.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Procrastination for me is a red flag that I'm doing something that's not all that worthwhile to me. For things I want to do I give 110% to and then some, and for things I don't want to do if I don't have to do them or aren't honour-bound to do them or something I don't attempt... luckily relations play a large enough part in safely and happily executing things I don't necessarily want to do. A favour for someone I care about is something I like doing, yeah.

Back