• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comedians!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Comedy is a form of entertainment media that we never really talk about. Are you a fan of stand-up comedy? Who are your favourite stand-up comedians? What is it about their particular brand of comedy that you find hilarious?

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • I sure am. I get kicks out of watching Maysoon Zayid poking on the Middle-East conflict, which is a sort of irony in itself. But she does it like a boss. :D Russell Peters is hilarious too.

Improv is great as well. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler makes improv scenarios go on and on without killing the scene, and their jokes are brilliant.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Overall, my favorite comedian is Tina Fey. I've found SNL rather boring since she left in 2006 and her stint as Sarah Palin in 2008 was utterly hilarious. She is perfect and no one can say otherwise ok moving on tyvm
    Comedians!

I also enjoy Joan Rivers (she doesn't really do stand up that much anymore, but still) and then some local New Zealand comedians, but they're not known on a world scale sooooo yeah.

Years
  • I quite like stand up comedians. Usually with a lot of sitcoms and such your laughing at someone whereas with stand up your laughing with them and I prefer that much more :3
    I don't really have a favourite comedian. The problem with a lot of stand ups is that once you've watched on of their shows the rest are usually made up of jokes and stories from the previous shows. But from the shows I've seen I'd have to say my favourite would have to be Rhod Gilbert purely for how much he gets sucked into the story he's telling.

Gamzee

light my fire
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    george carlin, bill hicks, and ronald reagan - some of the funniest guys ive ever heard in my life.

Years
  • The first two comedians that come to mind are Wil Anderson and Louis CK; they're definitely my favourites. Louis CK just because he's brutally honest with his comedy and Wil Anderson because his comedy is intelligent (as much as he would deny it haha). I've never been to a stand-up gig before though, this is all just from Youtube videos and television. I'm seeing Wil on my birthday in a few months.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    George Carlin, Dave Chappelle, and Pablo Francisco are some comedians I find to be very hilarious to say the least, if I had to choose one though it would be Pablo without a second thought lol.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I used to watch stand-up like crazy. Now I don't have time... I like Katt Williams, even though he never gets many new jokes. He's funny and energetic and all the jazz. Also, I like Gabriel Iglesias. Big man and his Spanish-ness is funny too.

I remember watching one of Michael Loftus's shows and I thought it was hilarious, especially the parts about his honeymoon in the Bahamas and hemp.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of Dylan Moran; he's quite funny both in Black Books (series he wrote/acted in) and standup. On that note Bill Bailey is quite entertaining too; he incorporates his music skills into his shows very well.

Also Robin Williams is darn amazing. He doesn't do standup, he just spews jokes. o_o

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I pretty much only like Eddie Izzard, Russell Brand and Carlin, just through YT videos. I like Ricky Gervais sometimes (sitcoms), but he can be terrible at other times (most stand ups).

I haven't heard of many because American comedy isn't really talked about here (idk who half the people mentioned in this thread are) and most British comedians around at the moment are terrible imo (namely almost anyone who's ever appeared on Mock the Week).

Last edited:
    Back