• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Comleted pokedex?

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Im playing yellow right now and have seen 137 and caught 87 pokemon so it got me thinkin. How many people actually finish the pokedexx without cheating? or whats the closet youve gotten in the original games?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I got 150 on Pokemon Blue since I didn't know how to get Mew back then.

On Pokemon Silver I had 24X, I was missing a few Pokemon I couldn't be bothered to evolve from their previous forms(I'm looking at you Koffing). I got the Mew and Celebi from my friend but only for the Dex entry then I had to give them back. But I saw all 252 Pokemon :)

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    First two gens I managed to catch every Pokemon... Was not easy and almost lead to complete insanity... I had an incredible amount of time on my hands for third and fourth grade.

Years
    I remember I once had something around 140 in Red, all I was still lacking were mostly Blue exclusives. Missingno (shame on me, I know..) helped me a lot to get that much, I probably would have never had the patience to train that much Pokemon by hand.

Last edited:

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    In my first or second time through Blue version back in elementary school, I legitimately got all 151. The Pokémon I couldn't catch on my own, I got through trades, including a Mew. Not sure if that Mew was legit though, I think the guy who gave it to me used a GameShark. I didn't care though :P

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I caught and seen every pokemon in my red and yellow versions and without cheating. Who would want to cheat in there games? weird... Its not hard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I caught 150 in Red and 250 in Gold. It's a time-consuming task, but it's really not as hard as it seems once you start doing it.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I never really cared about catching them all. All I really care about is becoming the champion. :/

That said, I think the most I caught was probably... 15-20?

Ayselipera

I've never finished a pokedex. I remember back when I was playing Yellow I would think that catching 150 pokemon was too much work. Compared to the 400 plus pokemon there are now I take that back.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    The most I ever caught was 150 on yellow. I had about 120 something on Blue but it stopped working. Then on Silver I had over 200 but I think it was 203 or something and I gave up trying. The only reason I got them on yellow was because I got the red and blue pokemon from friends or my sister would play my game on the other game boy and then transfer with me to my yellow game from blue. *shrug*

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i always completed my Pokedex without trying...

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    its going to be nearly impossible to finish it in the 5th gen considering itll be almost 600 now haha

markerscope1

Aquatics
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    i got 150 on my blue version a very long time ago. i never learned how to legitimately get mew?

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    On my Silver I was about 20 pokemon short than it wouldn't save anymore.
    On my Crystal I was only a few away before I stopped playing it, and about 5 months ago I traded it for a Gameboy Micro, Pokemon Emerald and Starfox command
    On my Yellow and Blue Versions I completed my Poke Dex

Back