• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comments/suggestions please??

Years
    • Age 25
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Firestar (Heatran) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 144 SpA / 44 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Heat Wave
    - Flash Cannon
    - Protect
    - Earth Power

Yellowfang (Gothitelle) @ Mental Herb
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Protect
    - Psychic
    - Trick Room
    - Heal Pulse

Half Moon (Sylveon) (F) @ Pixie Plate
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 100 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpA / 20 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock
    - Yawn

Castle (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 60 SpA / 136 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

Bishop (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Defiant
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Iron Head
    - Protect

Aquaurobolt (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 60 SpA / 144 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Protect

On Heatran, the 68 Def helps survive earthquake from a good amount of pokes and with Gothitelle heal support it can make its longevity very long. Quiet and 144 Sp.Atk gives great offense. The 44 SpD is to help against a special attacker here and there. Gothitelle is one of the important Pokemon of this team with heal pulse, Trick Room speed control, and shadow tag trap. Shadow tag allows it to keep pokemon in as venasuar sets leech seed, Sylveon yawns, Rotom will-o-wisps, Heatran kills, or bisharp general destruction. Gothitelle's bulk allows survival of a lot of attacks. And the Castle known as Venasuar is one of my favorites of this team, awesome bulk and leech seed for it's own and partners longevity, and classic sludge bomb and giga drain stabs.
    Suggestions and comments regarding this team would greatly be appreciated thanks!

Changes:

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 220 HP / 52 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Sky Drop
    - Rock Slide
    - Roost
    - Protect
    Eliminated

Firestar (Heatran)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    Had this and may have again in future should it be more useful...

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
    - Thunder Wave
    Used to have...

Half Moon (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    More bulk in defense now and pixieplate

Castle (Venasuar)
    EVs: 40 Def / 156 SpD

Added little more to physical bulk from this to survive Mega Metagross better.

(old note)

I feel this team has potential, though a few things to be noted is that this team doesn't pair up well to ferrothorn or heatran. Also some of the members don't enjoy Aegislash or Gengar. Although Bisharp I feel does well against them. I've considered putting fire fang over roost on Aerodactyl, possibly wide guard or tailwind as well. Venasuar I've considered more speed EVs or run non-mega with black sludge, also hidden power fire or ground is an option. The pixie plate as well occurred to me for Sylveon so it can run protect over something and not be locked into a move. Gothitelle is one of the important Pokemon of this team with heal pulse, t-wave speed control, and shadow tag trap. Shadow tag allows it to keep pokemon in as venasuar sets leech seed, Sylveon yawns, Rotom will-o-wisps, Aerodactyl rock slides/skydrops, or bisharp general destruction. Aerodactyl also has the option to be replaced with a Charizard-x and fake a sun team, when in reality it is a bulky dragon dance sweep when needed. I do feel that this team is well balanced type wise, though slightly uneven in special to physical. It's not a huge thing in my opinion since Gothitelle is mostly a support poke. In testing via showdown it's been fine, however I'm aware showdown is somewhat different than the true metagame. Suggestions and comments would greatly be appreciated thanks!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Is this team for VGC (doubles), standard OU or for Battle Spot? Specifying the format you're playing in would really help.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In the VGC format, regular Venusaur is better than its Mega counterpart because its Chlorophyll ability allows it to be an excellent partner with Mega Charizard Y. Though Aerodactyl may be good for temporary Sky Drop elimination, I feel that Charizard Y can be paired with regular Venusaur to beat down on the opposing team more:

Charizard:
    -Heat Wave
    -Solar Beam
    -Overheat/Ancient Power/Focus Blast
    -Protect
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 244 SAtk/12 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Charizardite Y

Venusaur:
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Sleep Powder
    -Protect
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 204 HP/252 SAtk/52 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Chlorophyll

If you don't want to go the Charizard Y route, consider replacing Venusaur with Amoonguss, as it's bulkier and provides Rage Powder support:
    -Spore
    -Rage Powder
    -Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb
    -Protect
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Regenerator

Years
    • Age 25
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    The problem with having Charizard-Y is it ruins the synergy of the team, also the thing i loved about venasaur in testing is the leech seed and bulk, paired with gothitelle it pretty well allows venasaur to then retreat as some other poke gets benefits of leech seed and being crippled by gothitelle's t-wave. That particular venasaur set as well steals life orb from bisharp, Although Amoongus is a poke that is possible. I do see how it could help with a reliable spore and fake a trick room team. I will play with Amoongus on this team and see how it goes.

Also I am having a serious consideration of having pixie plate over choice specs on sylveon, but I am unsure.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The problem with having Charizard-Y is it ruins the synergy of the team, also the thing i loved about venasaur in testing is the leech seed and bulk, paired with gothitelle it pretty well allows venasaur to then retreat as some other poke gets benefits of leech seed and being crippled by gothitelle's t-wave. That particular venasaur set as well steals life orb from bisharp, Although Amoongus is a poke that is possible. I do see how it could help with a reliable spore and fake a trick room team. I will play with Amoongus on this team and see how it goes.

Also I am having a serious consideration of having pixie plate over choice specs on sylveon, but I am unsure.

If you opt for Charizard Y + regular Venusaur, you can always give Bisharp Black Glasses/Dread Plate or Focus Sash. Bisharp tends to use its Dark STABs a lot if it uses any of the former 2 items; the latter item can ensure it has to take 2 hits before going down, as it's not too bulky.

In the VGC format, stalling is pretty much pointless because of the fast, offensive pace there.

Years
    • Age 25
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    I've tried less bulky pokemon and more power such as charizard-y and mega salamence but what I found is it really doesn't fit into my playing style and I find redirection mandatory. However personally I don't like relying on powders like rage powder and spore cause they don't affect safety goggle pokemon. Also spread moves and/or fakeout can help deal with such.

Really tanks are my play style, and I have edited my team to make it better an more fitting to my style.

Back