• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Community Project] Online Pokemon Game?

Graphics Style?

• RSE/FRLG

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • DPPT/HGSS

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Lots of people have been wanting to play a Pokemon MMO or even create one.
    Almost none of these attempts were succesfull..
    I want to try it though as a community.

I was thinking about combining Pokemon Essentials with RMX-OS.

What do you guys think?

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • It sounds like a good idea, but it would be shut down by Nintendo eventually. That's the main concern for me.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Lots of people have been wanting to play a Pokemon MMO or even create one.
    I want to try it though as a community.

I was thinking about combining Pokemon Essentials with RMX-OS.

What do you guys think?

DO YOU READ MINDS? I WAS DOING THIS!!! (it was a secret until now...)

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2013

Actually there are many pokemon online games, some good, some bad, but they exist.

If you are afraid of Nintendo, there are some webhosting/VPS/Dedi companies that claim to be offshore and that ignore DMCAs, although I can't verify this(yet :p).

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2012
    It sounds like a good idea, but it would be shut down by Nintendo eventually. That's the main concern for me.

Well you can always do like Monster MMORPG, and simply make a cheap copy of pokemon with different name and fan-made creatures, but almost the exact same system. Then they maybe (just maybe) won't shut the game down.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Okay guys i have a surprise in stock ..
    A very big one :)

MAJOR EPIC EDIT:
    IT'S WORKING !!!

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    Okay guys i have a surprise in stock ..
    A very big one :)

MAJOR EPIC EDIT:
    IT'S WORKING !!!

I got everything working you just need to add some scripts and do a minor bit of editing on the main...

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • If you are afraid of Nintendo, there are some webhosting/VPS/Dedi companies that claim to be offshore and that ignore DMCAs, although I can't verify this(yet :p).

Find hosting in the Netherlands

Also who do you wanna make a MMO? To make money? Do you have enough money? Can u handle it? Think about this because no one should just make one because they think its cool, because then when alot of ppl log on to play servers will crash you'll have a flood of emails complaining etc.. you'll have to deal with them and the server problem, so buying VPS space would be smart.

Anyways If your serious about the project go forth make it! I cant wait to see what you come up with.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Find hosting in the Netherlands

Also who do you wanna make a MMO? To make money? Do you have enough money? Can u handle it? Think about this because no one should just make one because they think its cool, because then when alot of ppl log on to play servers will crash you'll have a flood of emails complaining etc.. you'll have to deal with them and the server problem, so buying VPS space would be smart.

Anyways If your serious about the project go forth make it! I cant wait to see what you come up with.

Yes I am pretty serious.
    I live in the netherlands :D
    I may build a litte server of my own..
    But first I need to design a region, make maps, choose pokemon to be on the dex etc..

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2014
    I might get to scripting stuff for this next week I'm taking a vacation on scripting and I gotta finish my trade system first.

Years
  • Noob question here..
    What's RMX-OS? Is it a standalone client game or browser-based game?
    I would like to help really, maybe as a beta tester? Hehe

Back