• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Supporter Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Well I can't see it changing any time soon. :( Those votes are annoying.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I could easily get used to this

Gerri Shin

or even this

Gerri Shin

But of course I'm just as happy with blue as I would be with those. (also I'm not expecting to go another round of colour voting until at least December or later. Especially with the amount of things going on style wise for Jake.)

Cherrim

Years
  • :'( But I was the one who ran the colour polls last two times. Though I don't expect to do it for at least another year.

I'd love to see supporters in pink but I could never agree to it. XD;

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I really wish that there was a section in a supporters Options to flip between a pre-determined set of colours for their name as well as an option to remove their name's formatting. I think it would relieve some (not a lot, mind you) stress from the admins.

Now I realize this would probably require Jake or audy to do a little coding, or this may even be an impossibility, but it would be useful. (I also very much doubt that this idea would ever actually be implemented.)

Also I know you ran the polls last time Erica, but wasn't it Jake who remade the Supporter bars with the new colour?

Cherrim

Years
  • I guess but I don't think that's hard, haha. :( Photoshop's Colorize ftw.

Anyway, multiple colours is a no because it'd get confusing for people. (It's already bad enough with so many staff groups--imagine having to explain why there are so many supporter groups too!) It wouldn't be hard to do otherwise, albeit rather annoying to make the usergroups for.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I see your points yet again, even if there was a way to just be able to allow a user to do a simple edit to their username field (similar, but not completely the same as the admin cp). oh well I can still dream right?

Cherrim

Years
  • Yeah but imagine you were a new member and you signed onto the forums and saw... some of each staff category (5 special names) and then like 20 more people each with like 6 more colours. It would be reaaaally confusing.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I know, and I agree, it would be monumentally confusing to anyone whether they're new or just returning from an absence. (I still find that red colour fits quite well, but then again so do blue and green. But we don't want to do green again do we? XD)

Cherrim

Years
  • How big were the forums? o.o (And was their userbase about the age/maturity level of PC users? <_<)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I still wish that we could have just gone with a blue-purple gradient in the first place...

Then again, people are so indecisive that I doubt even that would have worked.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • to be quite honest even if we did have a choice of, say, 3 colours, it probably wouldn't be near as confusing as sppf and their "let's give every stage of the preset user title a different badge" Besides most users figure out very quickly that Bold names actually do something and Italic names really are just a way of (for lack of a better term) 'showing off some forum bling'.

(btw, this may very well be the only time I've ever uttered the word and will most likely be the last)

Cherrim

Years
  • Really? I don't find badges distracting 'cause I rarely look at them.

Honestly I find Serebii's (and similar forums') badges a lot less confusing than the stupid animated badges that a lot of the staff supporters have. ffff.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Lol, look what I found:

I remember when we tried to get me to have this badge. It would an awesome birthday gift in September. *Nudges*
    That is the coolest thing I think I've ever seen on here :O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back