• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Comparing Player's Guides

Typhoon

PokeManiac
Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I've seen the "Official Player's Guide" for Diamond and Pearl, and also the "Official Pokemon Scenario Guide". They're both official Nintendo products, but one is by Nintendo Power. Besides that, is there a difference between the two?

The scenario guide looks cooler cuz its cover is 3Dish.

Corranhorn

Jedi Trainer
    Years
  • I think the player's guide is really hard to read and not easy to follow. I don't like it. I remember when I played G/S and R/B/Y I had two amazing books that told everything and had percentages of appearances and stuff...but I don't remember who made them.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • *is getting the National Pokedex via a Nintendo Power offer* Hope their info is as good as Serebii.

...what am I saying? Of course it won't be. >.<

Rat

Years
  • The "Official Pokemon Scenario Guide" from Prima, right? I made the mistake of buying that one over the NP one. It's pretty sucky. It's only bigger because it has many, many pages of basics that you should already know in the front, and they waste multiple pages on each area because they're filled with pointless borders, pictures, and big text.

I strongly suggest the Nintendo Power guide :x

Back