• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comparing the amount of amazingness...

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
Years
  • So I just think that the new episodes compared to the older ones just aren't as epic. Don't get me wrong, I love them all and I really love the new region but, I just watched the first movie again and I just don't see some of those aspects in the shows or movies anymore. What do you think?

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Couldn't it be just due to the fact that you're getting older? Pokemon does feel a hundred times less magical to me, but I blame my old age. It has also been out for quite a while now so we're pretty used to the type of storyline used. However, I found the first movie amazing when I was a kid, but now I prefer by far Pokemon Heroes and Mewtwo Returns (which is not a movie but whatever).

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • Pokemon is frustrating to me sometimes, it hints at character development when characters like brock depart,but then it leaves the show in a time-frozen vacuum. xD For me, it just isn't worth the time of day because the show doesn't get anywhere. As it stands, the only reason that I don't want ash to disappear, si because I want to see him grow up and face a league champion. >.>

Xino

Banned
    Years
  • I think it is just boring now. I do admit I hate the whole generation 5 but I felt the same way before. It is ment to be a kids show and is ment so that the character never grows older. It would of been cool if ash would of grow a bit within the past 14 years. Him at least be like age 16 or so. It would of also been cool if they would of maybe made it so that each region wasn't a brand new start for him but yet a going on. After since generation 5 came out i jsut can't bare to watch the anime thou.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Wow, I honestly think they're much, much more better.

Going though most sagas to viewing pleasure has also, in my opinion, gotten better - introducing more animation into attacks and such.

>But on the topic of battles. I have to admit, were VERY poor. We had such battles like Ash Vs. Ritchie, which in my opinion - neither of the two should have been able to get that far into the league and get 8 badges with still such poor pokémon Ritchie had, like Pikachu, Charmander and Butterfree, plus Ashs Charizard just feel asleep and Ash lost. xD

I honestly see the battles in Pokémon more intense and strategic in the newer series. Take a few battles like Ash and Paul and Ash and whatshisnameiforgotwithadarkraiandlatios much, much more intense battles, real nail bitin' stuff. xD

But considering yours already comparing battles in Best Wishes to battles like in the first movie. @.@ I don't think Ash would be able to take on a Pokémon with power equal to Mewtwo with only three badges.

On the other hand if you would compare Best Wishes to the Original series, lets compare some of the earlier battles. In the original series, in about what? The fourth episode, we had Metapod vs. Metapod - really intense stuff there, am I right? And then in Best Wishes, we have battles such as Ash's battle with Trip, Snivy Vs. Pikachu, which in my opinion - much better battle than Metapod vs. Metapod, we had Pikachu - take on trips Snivy, but without the ability to use electric attacks, Pikachu lost - but during the battle I can say I felt like screaming at the scream thinking, man hes seriously not gonna lose to a simple rookie snivy. :P

So yeah, ima be a little controversial n' say that I disagree.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • I don't even think it's because I'm older, I was just watching an episode from Advanced(hoenn) and it hooked me in way more. But, when I'm watching the newer ones it seems to be too dumbed down....

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • Aww ok... Well I personaly like both of these series as much, maybe I even prefer B/W - when excluding the lack of Team Rocket gaaah!

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • You don't like team rocket's new thing?
    I really like their "badassness" and the fact they didn't forget about their old selves. The thing is they don't show up in every episode anymore, so I miss them each time they don't.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't even think it's because I'm older, I was just watching an episode from Advanced(hoenn) and it hooked me in way more. But, when I'm watching the newer ones it seems to be too dumbed down....
    Probably follows a bit into the role of Ash as well, which has been discussed in several topics. He played a role of a mentor to May in Advanced now he gets reset and Pikachu gets reset. Ash decision making seems horrible at the begging of the series and Pikachu is not broken, thus working up to the end were he goes back to vet status.

I actually like Best Wishes, and I am not much into the comparisons, but the art if definitely better to me. Attacks appear new and fresh which is nice. And the battles themselves seemed to have a bit or strategy like using Attract with Snivy, when Seawaddle used String Shot to avoid attacks. Then strategies with other battlers like Lenora using Mean Look and Roar. Thus far I think this series is just as good as any, I think we have a great mix or comedy episodes, character building episodes, miscellaneous episodes, and main storyline episodes. So for me as a whole Best Wishes is doing great thus far.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    I really like their "badassness" and the fact they didn't forget about their old selves. The thing is they don't show up in every episode anymore, so I miss them each time they don't.

Team Rocket doesn't show up because they're doing serious planning in the background. But still they don't get any more successful against Ash and his party.

Back