• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
LATE BUT I'm not saying Scizor is any sort of counter to Dragonite btw, lol, it's just like Scizor really isn't that bad if given the chance to shine.

Also, you'd still outspeed the roost with bullet punch so keep track of its taunt count and in the meantime just SD over and over (assuming w/o fire punch but yeah) and I think after 1 or 2 SD's it kills Dragonite anyway with it after breaking multiscale. I wouldn't go for that strategy either way, I'd rather switch Scizor in on something safer as a whole tbh.

And yes Anti's Shaymin was indeed annoying, idk how I got past it, Heatran...?

Anti

return of the king
Years
On the subject of most useful, I'll just go ahead and nominate Jirachi. The thing that bugs me about Scizor is that defensive SD/Roost sets are horribly inept offensively and the CBer gives a lot of set-up opportunities when it's locked into a non-U-turn move, Jirachi can definitely nab kills with Iron Head flinching or at the very least cripple stuff with Body Slam. The only thing that sucks is when I face Wolf's Magnezone in the rain and Fire Punch doesn't break its Sub anymore :(...though I have gotten a burn on it a few times ;)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Scizor is great, you shouldn't need an other move than U-Turn really. In essence Scizor has 0 counters because it forces you to to find something to take a STAB U-Turn from 591 Attack (CB) AND then you'll be forced to switch or die next turn again as they send in a counter directly from that U-Turn. It was this strategy i abused on my Volt Turn team, to quote myself; "With SR up and U-Turn, bear in mind Scizor will beat or wear down Skarmory (by going to Rotom-W/counter to force it out or die) so badly throughout the course of a game that Excadrill or Landorus is likely to sweep if you're using Skarm to "stop" Scizor's U-Turns and Skarmory 4x resists the move!". If you can keep hazards away CB Scizor is a monster and it will wear their team down, even its counters and checks when played well.

I also dont get the status argument, Scizor is slow as heck so doesnt care about T-Wave, its immune to Toxic, Wisps are obvious move is obvious so god knows why you'd keep it in and sleep cripples everything bar Toxic Orb Gliscor in OU anyway lol.

Ill agree with the Sp.Def sets of Scizor suck though. Man, so many times ive tried to make it work. Ive even used U-Turn over Bug Bite to scout checks (because everything counters it) and it still doesn't work, even hazards don't help it at all. I dont see the point in a set that cant sweep when its supposed to be a bulky sweeper as its primary job lol, it also doesn't really take hits that well. It either ends up just getting trapped by Magnezone or just walled as said, by anything with Def Evs.

As for the most useful, id actually say its actually Rotom-W tbh. Its on every team, its annoying, beats some very common threats, practically immune to all hazards, always has a way to screw your check, whilst just sitting there, always, obnoxiously. >:/ lol

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Do you guys think Weavile can be good in OU? It seems like the only pokemon that pester is are Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk. Sure the first two pokemon are the most over useded pokemon in the game but I was using a expert belt Weavile with Ice Shard Ice Punch Pursuit and Low Kick and if you take those 3 pokemon out of the equation you can sweep teams.

Are thier any hard counter to Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk? I have been using a 252 HP 232 Def 24 Shed Shell Skarm to Counter Conk and Scizor but they can play around it and skarm can't wall as good as it did in the 4th gen.

Maybe a Trapper type of team with Magnezone Wobbofet and Weavile could be used but im not good at teambuilding I just know teams have a exploitable Weavile weakness.

Is 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp D Leftovers skarm viable?

Years
Yes I agree that rotom-w is probably the most annoying now that you mention it DA. Volt switch, hydro pump + levitate are a great combo. For awhile I used moldbreaker haxorus w/eq just because of that poke.

@kittyipawd, weavile is good don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of fighting moves used which hurt BAD. Like you mentioned, conk with mach punch can be a nightmare. Though he is a great killer of anything with a ice weakness . His spd is phenomenal. I wouldn't use him or any poke with a 4x weakness, unless it has really high def, spD, an hp.

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Yes I agree that rotom-w is probably the most annoying now that you mention it DA. Volt switch, hydro pump +swift levitate are a great combo. For awhile I used moldbreaker haxorus w/eq just because of that poke.

@kittyipawd, weavile is good don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of fighting moves used which hurt BAD. Like you mentioned, conk with mach punch can be a nightmare. Though he is a great killer of anything with a ice weakness . His spd is phenomenal. I wouldn't use him or any poke with a 4x weakness, unless it has really high def, spD, an hp.

I kinda slapped him on my team as a prioity user and with no sr support I have wrecked other teams so long as I have killed those 3 pokemon as weavile eithier gets owned b them or setup. I mean the most common choice scarf pokemon Landorus dies to ice shard lol. I usally net kos fiening a choice band then using low kick when they think im locked on pusuit. All and all I think it can be very effective if your team is built around countering those 3 pokemon and spin support. My team currently has trouble with ferrothorn and Scizor in the ****ing rain :(.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
If you use something like sunny day on hitmontop against rain after the 5 turns will if become normal weather? If you don't have a weather inducer most times the will sac thier politoad. It ijust a question of game mechanics.

It is annoying how fire does nothing in rain ;_;. Is anyone a fan of Wide Lens Ninetails?

jirachi boy 385

I'm awesome
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
who wants to battle me?
I'm nathan and can battle on white or platinum...
anybody want to wifi battle with me?

Years
I am looking for a battle!!!!

You can use any pokemon you want!

no OU, UU, NU or any of that crap.

just use whoever you want it can be legends, events, or just your new team i just want the freedom to use any pokemon

PM ME!!!!

jirachi boy 385

I'm awesome
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011

just use whoever you want it can be legends, events, or just your new team i just want the freedom to use any pokemon

PM ME!!!!

I ACCEPT your challenge. I can do white or platinum.

Anti

return of the king
Years
who wants to battle me?
I'm nathan and can battle on white or platinum...
anybody want to wifi battle with me?

PM ME!!!!

Use the Tournaments and Events sub-forum to organize battles. This thread is especially useful.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Do you guys think Weavile can be good in OU? It seems like the only pokemon that pester is are Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk. Sure the first two pokemon are the most over useded pokemon in the game but I was using a expert belt Weavile with Ice Shard Ice Punch Pursuit and Low Kick and if you take those 3 pokemon out of the equation you can sweep teams.

Are thier any hard counter to Ferrothorn Scizor and Conk? I have been using a 252 HP 232 Def 24 Shed Shell Skarm to Counter Conk and Scizor but they can play around it and skarm can't wall as good as it did in the 4th gen.

Maybe a Trapper type of team with Magnezone Wobbofet and Weavile could be used but im not good at teambuilding I just know teams have a exploitable Weavile weakness.

Is 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp D Leftovers skarm viable?

Weavile's main flaws are: its weak to every type of entry hazard (and takes 25% from SR), its abysmal defenses, and its terribly low move BP. It'd work okay but really any team built "decently" can take a hit from Weavile and OHKO in return.

I thought that was the standard Skarmory.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Weavile's main flaws are: its weak to every type of entry hazard (and takes 25% from SR), its abysmal defenses, and its terribly low move BP. It'd work okay but really any team built "decently" can take a hit from Weavile and OHKO in return.

I thought that was the standard Skarmory.

No alot of skarmorys I see have speed invested lol. Skarm isn't as good as it used to be and alot of other pokemons set say skarm has to be the most defensive variant so I made the most defensive lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
No alot of skarmorys I see have speed invested lol. Skarm isn't as good as it used to be and alot of other pokemons set say skarm has to be the most defensive variant so I made the most defensive lol.

According to Skarmory's Smogon analysis, the 24 Speed EVs are in there so that it can outspeed max Speed Wobbuffet (who shows up in OU occasionally). That way, Skarmory can Taunt Wobbuffet before it can use Encore to lock it into Spikes.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
According to Skarmory's Smogon analysis, the 24 Speed EVs are in there so that it can outspeed max Speed Wobbuffet (who shows up in OU occasionally). That way, Skarmory can Taunt Wobbuffet before it can use Encore to lock it into Spikes.

Physically, I think those 24 EVs are more or less negligable, too. It'd be a different story if outrunning Wobb meant like 80some EVs, but 24 is a small enough number to not really make an impact on Skarmory's defensive prowess.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

Physically, I think those 24 EVs are more or less negligable, too. It'd be a different story if outrunning Wobb meant like 80some EVs, but 24 is a small enough number to not really make an impact on Skarmory's defensive prowess.

^

Plus Skarm should never leave home without a Shed Shell anyway which lets its escape Wobb. Unless you also like getting crushed by Mag + Drag teams that are rather common this gen. :/ lol

Also Skarm is as good as its always been so i never buy into the whole "its not as good as it used to be" crap lol. It walls some key threats who have little to no other counters, see; Haxorus, SD Acrobat Gliscor, Landorus and the like. Plus its probably the most reliable Spiker in the game apart from maybe Deoxys (though that is arguable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back