• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Gen 6 Pokes

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    hi pokemon community im kinda new to the game, but i read a lot of team builds and how to build a team so i was trying to build my own team, but im not quite sure on what pokemons i should use for competitive play here is my first three

Greninja @ life orb
    Timid
    252 Satk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Protean

Ice beam
    surf
    extrasensory
    dark pulse
    Rough Skin

Earthquake
    Poison Jab
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Fang

Levitate

Dazzling Gleam
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Substitute

this is not the order of the team that i will let out in competition but tell me your opinions on this team that im putting up.. the other 3 slots i was thinking more like of Aegislash, Scizor or Rotom-W, blissey or togekiss.. thank you in advance those who will reply to this thread :D

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Well, one thing I can see with this team is that the majority of it is offense. You might want to put a solid defensive Pokemon in order to balance your team out. That Togekiss might present a good defensive strategy. It has tremendous bulk with its bases at 115 Special Defense, 95 Defense, and 120 Special attack, and a decent Speed stat. I suppose it can double as a Special Tank in this case, capable of taking some good hits. You can either invest on its Special Defense or Defense. In any case:

Togekiss
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EV's: 248 HP/248 Defense or 248 Special Defense/44 Speed
    Nature: Bold for Defense, Calm for Special Defense
    Item: Leftovers
    -Air Slash
    -Roost
    -Heal Bell/Thunder Wave
    -Nasty Plot

With EV's invested in either Special Defense or Defense, Togekiss can take a lot of hits, but still has a number of weaknesses you have to watch out for, which are Steel, Poison, Electric, Ice, and Rock. It also is immune to Ground- and Dragon-types, and resists Fighting, Dark, Bug, and Grass. Togekiss has natural bulk in Special Defense, and its Defense stat is also good. Air Slash has a high critical-hit rate, which makes it a good STAB move suited for Togekiss. Roost will let you heal up Togekiss and causes it to lose its Flying-type affiliation for the turn to avoid a heavy hitting Rock-, Ice, and Electric-type move that you anticipate. Heal Bell lifts status problems, while Thunder Wave causes Paralysis. Nasty Plot is a way to sharply raise Togekiss' already high Special Attack. If you want to use a more offensive set, you should replace Heal Bell/Thunder Wave with an offensive move that inflicts status problems, since Serene Grace raises the chances of a secondary effect activating.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I would recommend to replace Surf with Hydro Pump, Extrasensory with U-Turn and last slot Grass Knot, Extrasensory or Dark Pulse. Extrasensory is just the Psychic equivelant of Dark Pulse.

Replace Fire Fang with Rock Slide/Stone Edge, Rock is better for Ice types, as Fire Fang's BP is pretty low.

And for Gengar, replace either Dazzling Gleam or T-bolt with Sludge Bomb. Sludge Bomb is a serious thread for Azumarill and you get some nice STAB as well.

The other 3 slots should be filled with at least one Bulky Pokemon, a Wall or a supporter. Azumarill for example as a Bulky attacker.

Azumarill @Choice Band
    Careful/Adamant
    252 Atk / 160 SDef / 96 HP
    Huge Power
    -Aqua Jet
    -Waterfall
    -Superpower/Belly Drum
    -Play Rough

Next up is a serious wall. Gastrodon is a good one, but since you already have a Water Type, Blissey can fill the roll of a Supportive Wall.

Blissey @Leftovers
    Calm/Careful
    252 HP/ 176 SDef / 80 Def
    Natural Cure
    -Wish/Toxic
    -Toxic/T-Wave
    -Protect/Softboiled
    -Seismic Toss

And you got to need a Mega in your team. Since you desire Scizor, here goes.

Scizor @Scizorite
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 160 HP / 96 Spd or 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd (or 4 SDef/Def)
    Technician
    -Swords Dance/Agility
    -Bug Bite/U-Turn
    -Bullet Punch
    -Brick Break/Superpower/Roost

Hope this helped and I wish you good luck! You may test this team out on me, FC is in the sig!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    to those who reply here in my thread thank you, well i was thinking more like my Physical attacker is garchomp and my special attacker is gengar and my revenge killer would be greninja. am i correct? thank you for your suggestions and gladly look in to it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Garchomp, I think you should replace Poison Jab with Swords Dance. Poison Jab is an okay move and can take out a range of foes (including fairy), but unfortunately, its power is not that high—I believe it's only eighty. With Swords Dance, though, you could boost your Attack by two, whole stages with just one use, and it'd make you ready for sweeping instantly! After using this move, you'd be unstoppable unless your opponents manage to out-speed you. If you don't want to remove Poison Jab, then try replacing Fire Fang. As for the rest of your team members, follow what others have suggested. (:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Poison Jab is a bad move for non-Poison-types in general. Anyway, you are wasting Garchomp's offensive capabilities if you use Leftovers to be honest. Giving it either a Choice Band or a Life Orb would serve you better since you want it to become a physical attacker.

Garchomp @Choice Band
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang / Stone Edge / Aqua Tail
    - Dragon Claw / Dual Chop

An Outrage from a Banded Garchomp is sure to dent anything not a Steel- or Fairy-type. The other moves are for coverage, although you could

Garchomp @Yache Berry / Life Orb
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage / Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang

A Swords Dance set could also serve you well. You could also use Mega Garchomp albeit with lower speed but better overall bulk. A set outlining Mega Garchomp's bulk could be usable, I guess, but there are a lot of other megas that might be more useful to be honest.

Garchomp (mega or not)is completely walled by physically defensive Togekiss though so I suggest putting a Rotom-W in. It counters a lot of the metagame and is just a really awesome Pokemon in general. :] If you're worrying about having two Water-types, Greninja isn't going to stay as a Water-type anyway.

Rotom-W @Chesto Berry / Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    -Volt Switch
    -Hydro Pump
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Rest / Pain Split

Chesto Berry if Rest, Leftovers if Pain Split.

Back