• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Complete Fire Red Decapitalization Patch

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
  • Leon Labs Presents: The Complete FireRed Decapitalization Patch

Introduction
    Hello everyone, by now a lot of you would already be familiar with my projects such as the Ultimate Rom Base. Historically, patches like that Ultimate Rom Base and MrDS's base have been used for many reasons, among them being the decapitalization of Fire Red. Unfortunately, neither of those patches FULLY decapitalized the entire rom, as certain map scripts or menus were actively ignored. Previous editions of the Ultimate Rom Base have tried to remedy this, but itself has fallen into that pitfall. So what point am I trying to make?
    Well, I've finally done it, and I decided to release a patch for it separate from my other projects!

Here's a list of what has been decapitalized:
    • Pokemon Names
    • Pokedex Entries
    • Attack Names
    • Attack Descriptions
    • Ability Names
    • Ability Descriptions
    • Item Names
    • Item Descriptions
    • Natures
    • Types
    • Battle Scripts
    • All Menus
    • Oak's Intro and Name Choices
    • Map Names
    • Map Scripts
    • All Field Move/Event Scripts
    • All Union Room/Multiplayer Scripts
    • All Mystery Gift Related Scripts
    • All Ingame Trades
    • Oak's Pokedex Ratings
    • Trainer Classes
    • Trainer Names
    • Help System
    • Teachy TV
    • Fame Checker
    • Quest Log
    • Trainer Tower
    • Easy Chat System
    • All Decorations (Unused leftover data from RS, did it anyway)

Edit: When obtaining multiple berries, the text will read BerrIES. To fix this, go to 0x3A72A2 and change 3 bytes to DD D9 E7
    Edit 2: To fix the text issue of obtaining multiple Poke Balls (Player obtained Poke BallS), change 0x3A72A0 to E7

Nothing else in the rom has been touched, and this patch works on any clean copy of FireRed. When my Ultimate Rom Base gets a future update, this will already be pre-included into it, so there is no need to patch both of them.
    I also recommend applying this patch before using Skeli and Ghoulslash's DPE and/or CFRU system. I do not know how this patch will react to MrDS's base, so you are free to try. I don't exactly recommend it.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/h05asfnxzcy0xkc/Complete_Decapitalization.ips/file

Tools/Resources Used:
    Pokemon Text Editor
    G3T
    HXD
    Pokefirered (Decomps, used as a reference)

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I'll add that this patch only seems to be compatible with the FireRed v1.0. Used on v1.1 will screw up the text.

Years
    • Seen today
    @HackChu

Because Fire Red 1.0 is the standard version used in the community. (Nearly) All research you'll find on Pokecommunity will be based on data that's found in Fire Red 1.0, not 1.1.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    so anyway i am new to this rom hacking thing. i would like to know what is this Decapitalization pls anyone

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    so anyway i am new to this rom hacking thing. i would like to know what is this Decapitalization pls anyone

In various scripts, there will be times where the word, "POKéMON" are capitalized. Pokenames, Movenames, and ability names will be capitalized. The patch decapitalizes those words.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Low End Gaming

No, it will not make ROM Hacking easier. It will just do what Mason Shu said, decapitalize your ROM.

Years
  • Prof. Leon Dias, you should fix the grammar issue in your ROM.
    But, I made a major patch for you: https://www.mediafire.com/file/32d1d4rqm9wteu7/Complete_and_Major_Decapitalization.ips/file

Example of Screenshots
    Hyper-Custom-Rom-Base-1.png
    Hyper-Custom-Rom-Base-2.png
    Hyper-Custom-Rom-Base-3.png

Last edited:
    Back