• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • 1. You're changing the wrong file. Edit the offset in make.py for where you want to insert the CFRU.
    2. Still haven't tried that stuff myself yet so I can't comment on it.
    3. https://pastebin.com/QpnHyQpJ this has information on setting up Advancemap to work with expanded Pokemon.

Edit: For #2: Just like all other items the engine doesn't actually create anything. In the case of evolution stones you still have to make the new item, give it the field script of an evolution stone, and then make it actually work as one. I just followed this thread and was able to make the Link Stone item for evolving trade evos real quick. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296729

Thanks.

I'm having a major problem with getting the CFRU to cooperate with me, every time I get to the character naming screen it crashes like this:

Complete FireRed Upgrade

I've tried re pointing everything related to overwold sprites with OWM, but I just get the same result.
    How can I fix this and get the game running (If I can fix this, I hope I don't have to completely restart).

Generris

LOMEGALU
    Years
  • make.py is the file you would edit for that. Is the default not fine for you? It should have been like "OFFSET_TO_PUT = 0x900000" originally. If you want to put it somewhere else then make the 0x900000 an offset that has a decent amount of free space.

First off, thanks for getting back! What you suggested seems to have done something, although I can't find the results. I do the whole, "python scripts//make.py" thing and it's obvious something loads. But, no matter where I look, I can't find the test or .ini files that should be created. I did a full pc search and nothing came up. Either way, I'm very confused by the whole thing. This is my first time even looking at this stuff, so sorry if it was such a basic question. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Compiling Images
    There was an error compiling the engine: [WinError 2] O sistema não pode encontr
    ar o arquivo especificado

how to fix?

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • After applying DynamicPokemonExpansionMaster and, consequently, the CompleteFireRedUpgrade, all the pokemons in A-map result with a glitched name, as if it was part of a NPC dialgue. I opened the ROM with a Pokemon editor, in order to try to fix it, but this editor ( gen III suite) says that i dont have enough information for the moves or something like that, and tries to fix it. Have you ever heard of similar errors? Have you got any idea of what could i have done wrong? When i apply this "upgrade", no errors result, but the final result i a destroyed ROM. Pls help

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • After applying DynamicPokemonExpansionMaster and, consequently, the CompleteFireRedUpgrade, all the pokemons in A-map result with a glitched name, as if it was part of a NPC dialgue. I opened the ROM with a Pokemon editor, in order to try to fix it, but this editor ( gen III suite) says that i dont have enough information for the moves or something like that, and tries to fix it. Have you ever heard of similar errors? Have you got any idea of what could i have done wrong? When i apply this "upgrade", no errors result, but the final result i a destroyed ROM. Pls help

Are you using AM 1.9.2?

1.9.2 isn't that good with reading data in expanded ROMs, 1.9.5 on the other hand is good with that, but it's pretty buggy.

What I would recommend is to use AM 1.9.2 for most of your mapping needs, and use 1.9.5 for editing Pokemon on routes and in caves (don't use it to insert wild data though, just edit wild data. Use 1.9.2 to insert the new wild data).

Follow the instructions here to set up AM 1.9.5 with the DPE.

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • I tried using it, but it stills results an error, its called ERROR (EstringListError) Lost index (167) out of bounds, i have no a clear idea of what this means, can you help me? Thanks already for the support and the consideration, i hope you will help me to solve my problem

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • How exactly I can prevent the engine to compile some stuff I already have and I don't need, like the Dynamic pallettes or trainers with EVs?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2020
    I'm very new to Pokemon rom hacking and this was crazy to find among all of the outdated resources and tutorials from years and years ago via simple google searches.
    I'm wondering if anything like this will be made/is being made for Emerald? (Pardon me if anyone has already asked this sort of question.)

Years
  • where is the file/s with jpan specials? I want to try to edit the old man tutorial so it can take in custom backsprite locations.
    Also, am i doing this right? Just making sure i'm not commenting out anything that shouldn't be commented out. I'm basically trying to disable most of the later gen stuff as my hack will just be a recreation of pokemon yellow, no megas and such. By the way that branch is just for tracking edits for my hack, no prs planned(not like i really could anyways, i only know java).

Last edited:

__fred__40

fred
    Years
  • where is the file/s with jpan specials? I want to try to edit the old man tutorial so it can take in custom backsprite locations.
    Also, am i doing this right? Just making sure i'm not commenting out anything that shouldn't be commented out. I'm basically trying to disable most of the later gen stuff as my hack will just be a recreation of pokemon yellow, no megas and such. By the way that branch is just for tracking edits for my hack, no prs planned(not like i really could anyways, i only know java).

I'm not sure this is the right place where you should ask,anyway here is the thread to JPAN's works(Including the specials)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey about a week ago, I download the source on GitHub and tried to compile it. It stopped after assembling the ability_battle_effects.c file. It doesn't give an error, it just ceases and waits for a new command. I did just reinstall python so could it be related to that? I barely changed anything in the source.

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • Question about this: How would one add new overworld sprites to the game? I've heard if you add new OWs the game will crash whenever it loads one of the new OWs (at least when you use OWM). So, how would I add new OWs to the game with the CFRU?

deidara9216

deidara9216
    Years
  • Hello my people, I recently noticed that the gigantamax method is already included in the process and there is even already esmable of it.

Someone could give me a guide on how to make it work.

Thanks a lot.

Back