• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I'm not completely sure if this was the hack's fault or not yet, but I ran into a crash in Viridian Forest. I was just running along in the grass when I got an encounter. Game crashed right after the transition animation, but just before it switched to the battle screen (so I was still in the overworld).

I'm not completely sure if this was the hack's fault or not yet, but I ran into a crash in Viridian Forest. I was just running along in the grass when I got an encounter. Game crashed right after the transition animation, but just before it switched to the battle screen (so I was still in the overworld).

This was on the latest release (from October 20th)? Was this before or after getting the fossil from Mt. Moon? Additionally, was your Nuzlocke Mode toggled on or off at the time? Do you have any saves or savestates from just before this crash happened? What emulator were you playing on at the time?

Viridian Forest encounters use a special handling to ease grinding in Nuzlocke Mode, so I'm wondering if there's an edge case there that crashes the game. Any info you can provide would be helpful in tracking this down.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Not sure if its a bug. But. Im playing The Last release, when u Encounter Bill for a trip, if u choose NO, He walks very weird like into The Market roof, its not The same when you return from The island (this one is correct)

No Way to implement celebi and other one that is missing?

One of the goals of this hack is for every obtainable Pokemon to be 100% legal in Gen 3. Due to this, short of generating a Celebi the same way that distribution ROMs did at official events, I can't give players a legal Celebi. The only forever-available Celebi from Gen 3 comes from the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc, but that is obviously a Japanese Celebi. During Gen 3, Celebi was unobtainable for the vast majority of players, moreso than Deoxys even. For that reason, I'm okay with keeping Celebi event exclusive. If you're super gung-ho about getting a legal Celebi, Dolphin can load the Japanese Bonus Disc, distribute it to a Japanese Ruby or Sapphire, and then you could trade it to FRLG+. All emulated and all free.

I'm not sure what others you are referring to, but most Hoenn Pokemon (save Wynaut, Azurill, Latios, Latias, and Deoxys) are also unobtainable without trading for the same reason; it is hard for me to make them legal without actually including Hoenn locations which is out of the scope of this hack. If you're referring to Jirachi, I feel the same way about it as I do about Celebi, despite it being more available in Gen 3 for international players through the Colosseum Bonus Disc and Pokemon Channel. You can distribute Jirachi to yourself the same way as Celebi and trade it into FRLG+ if you want it.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    This was on the latest release (from October 20th)? Was this before or after getting the fossil from Mt. Moon? Additionally, was your Nuzlocke Mode toggled on or off at the time? Do you have any saves or savestates from just before this crash happened? What emulator were you playing on at the time?

Viridian Forest encounters use a special handling to ease grinding in Nuzlocke Mode, so I'm wondering if there's an edge case there that crashes the game. Any info you can provide would be helpful in tracking this down.
    Sorry about being so late.

-It was the latest release.
    -Before getting the fossil, second time I entered it really.
    -Nuzlocke mode off.
    -Also not sure if this is relevant, but since you mentioned grinding: I was mostly encountering and running away to get a Pikachu.
    -I do have a save, but not right before. It's at the beginning of the forest, and it took a few encounters to trigger it. It's in the attatchment.

Attachments

• Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen.sav
      128 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Well, this is probably a dumb question, but i can't find the Key System menu, is it supposed to be accessible from the beginning?
    Once you make a save it's available. When you make a new game you can choose your version for the first time, and once you set your names and first save your game, you can reset it to get to the Key System.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    This hack strikes a really pleasant balance between vanilla and modern QoL that I never knew I wanted before now. I haven't finished the game quite yet but I'm really itching to get to the Master Trainer stuff. The only thing that's sort of odd to me is that after a quick search on Git it seems the only added Sun Stone is in the post game Safari Zone area, so Bellossom is left as the only cross-gen evolution you can't get before the Elite Four without trading.

This hack strikes a really pleasant balance between vanilla and modern QoL that I never knew I wanted before now. I haven't finished the game quite yet but I'm really itching to get to the Master Trainer stuff. The only thing that's sort of odd to me is that after a quick search on Git it seems the only added Sun Stone is in the post game Safari Zone area, so Bellossom is left as the only cross-gen evolution you can't get before the Elite Four without trading.

Thank you for the feedback! You're right, Bellossom should've been made obtainable before the postgame when I made the others obtainable. The simple answer for why it wasn't is that I actually forgot that Bellossom existed! I'll place a Sun Stone somewhere reachable in Kanto for the next update.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Theres a bug in island four. Theres a rock buged. When u left The boat, right side.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    First of all, hack looks great! I was interested in the tech side of the hack since you were able to implement a built-in nuzlocke mode. What files in the github do you suggest I look at if I wanted to do something similar? Also do you have any resources you referenced when you were implementing it? Thanks for the hard work!

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I Found a critical bug... went to cerulean cave to capture mewtwo before e4 rematch, then i used master ball, after caught, he spawned again lol... you can have infinite mew2's LOL

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Maybe I'm confused but isn't perfect IV supposed to let you gain actual stats? My Charmander gained nothing except 1 Sp.Atk and zero of everything else after defeating a Squirtle. Is that a glitch or a problem with my rom?

Edit: Using the mentioned Squirrels rom.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    My confusion is complete. I need help.
    This is a BPRE hack, not BPEE? How do you implement such features? Is this what the promise of decompilation gives us?
    I never thought things like dynamic reassigning wild pokemon was even possible...
    What do you decomp folks use to code this?

Thanks for giving me the briefest overview.
    I'm out here struggling to understand the fuss about CRPE, and now hacks like this breaking all rules... ;)

Back