• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to make it so naming your character doesn't automatically decapitalize the keyboard, and make it so Blue is a default rival name and not Green (Love your romhack by the way, if these things aren't possible, that's completely fine, I'm just wondering, not demanding)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hello, i dont got at all how to get the rom of this romhack from github? Anyone may help me pls

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Hey, I was wondering if it's possible to make it so naming your character doesn't automatically decapitalize the keyboard, and make it so Blue is a default rival name and not Green (Love your romhack by the way, if these things aren't possible, that's completely fine, I'm just wondering, not demanding)

I put in the keyboard automatically switching to lowercase after the first character because I personally prefer it. It's just two more inputs to switch it back to the capital characters. FRLG makes the default Rival name Green, so I am preserving that. Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, i dont got at all how to get the rom of this romhack from github? Anyone may help me pls

Go to the linked releases page and download the patch. Patch it to a clean English v1.0 FireRed ROM with a .bps patcher like the one linked in the first post.

Years
    • Seen today
    I applied the patch on a rom FireRed (Rev1) (USA) and it seems to work for now, i have 5/6 hours into it and i have not noticed any bugs, but now reading the main post its say it requires the FireRed Squirrels version (that is European)
    Do you think is better to start over on the correct version or the patcher can work with both rom versions? Usually it just give error and stop the patcher in case of incorrect checksum, and that was not my case

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Are lugia and hooh events playable?

Yes. Read the FAQ.

I applied the patch on a rom FireRed (Rev1) (USA) and it seems to work for now, i have 5/6 hours into it and i have not noticed any bugs, but now reading the main post its say it requires the FireRed Squirrels version (that is European)
    Do you think is better to start over on the correct version or the patcher can work with both rom versions? Usually it just give error and stop the patcher in case of incorrect checksum, and that was not my case

The English releases of the Gen 3 games are multiregion. There is no difference between the US, UK, and AUS English Gen 3 games (assuming you're looking at the same revision). Any correctly-dumped English 1.0 FireRed will be fine to patch FRLG+ on to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I put in the keyboard automatically switching to lowercase after the first character because I personally prefer it. It's just two more inputs to switch it back to the capital characters. FRLG makes the default Rival name Green, so I am preserving that. Thanks for your feedback.

Go to the linked releases page and download the patch. Patch it to a clean English v1.0 FireRed ROM with a .bps patcher like the one linked in the first post.

Thank you !

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    Has there any work been done to EXP Share or a possible EXP ALL system to train full teams more easily? Any plans to perhaps do so?

Edit: Sorry, just read it in the FAQ.

KGWlrIy.jpeg

It's unfortunate but great job on the ROM Hack in general. This could be the best feeling hack I've played thus far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    Thank you! I'm looking for a similar project a long time ago.
    I have a question: Is physical/special moves defined by type like the vanilla version?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Hello, just wanted to stop by and express that I really enjoy this rom hack.

It really nails the vanilla feel, and with the added difficulty makes for a really fun and amazing nuzlocke experience. Also thank you for posting the level caps of the gym leaders, didn't want to be spoiled by reading through the code.

But for me this rom hack comes as close to perfection as is possible. I am excited to complete a hardcore nuzlocke run on this game, on attempt 8 so far, having a great time.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Thank you! I'm looking for a similar project a long time ago.
    I have a question: Is physical/special moves defined by type like the vanilla version?

Yes. Read the FAQ.

So Code Breaker cheats also don't work I gather?

No cheat codes from vanilla will work because literally everything has been shifted. This isn't like a binary hack where stuff is inserted piecemeal into the ROM, the entire game is recompiled and therefore everything is at different offsets.

This is probably something I should put in the FAQ and mention Codebreaker specifically alongside the other common cheat devices, but it is there in the first post in general.

Hello, just wanted to stop by and express that I really enjoy this rom hack.

It really nails the vanilla feel, and with the added difficulty makes for a really fun and amazing nuzlocke experience. Also thank you for posting the level caps of the gym leaders, didn't want to be spoiled by reading through the code.

But for me this rom hack comes as close to perfection as is possible. I am excited to complete a hardcore nuzlocke run on this game, on attempt 8 so far, having a great time.

Thank you! Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

---

As for FRLG+ updates/news, I'm not actively working on this project at the moment, but I do have new work for it (that I've paused for the time being) that will come down the pipe eventually that I'm sure everyone will be excited about. I don't have an ETA and don't want to share more details until it is close to release. My real life has been very busy of late and doesn't leave much time to work on passion projects like this. Thank you all for your continued support.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    Hello, I'm trying to install and build this hack myself so I'm able to make basic changes to it.

I've followed the steps listed here (https://github.com/pret/pokefirered/blob/master/INSTALL.md) and managed to create the base pokefirered.gba file which is working as it should. However, when I try to do the same with FRLG+ (by replacing pokefirered with FRLG-Plus and downloaded from the correct Github depository), I get error messages when I try the "make compare" command, is it because there is no "base" FRLG+ hack to compare with? It worked fine up until this point. Either way, I'm also unable to make the FRLG-Plus.gba file which is what I really want. If I get this to work, then I should hopefully be able to edit files in VSC and recompile with "make -j<output of nproc>".

Here is some of the error message if it helps:

/bin/bash: arm-none-eabi-cpp: command not found
    make[3]: *** [Makefile:151: build/src/agb_flash_1m.o] Error 127
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:169: payload] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:272: berry_fix] Error 2
    make: *** [Makefile:169: compare] Error 2

Is there anyone who can give me some assistance here? Thanks.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Hello, I'm trying to install and build this hack myself so I'm able to make basic changes to it.

I've followed the steps listed here (https://github.com/pret/pokefirered/blob/master/INSTALL.md) and managed to create the base pokefirered.gba file which is working as it should. However, when I try to do the same with FRLG+ (by replacing pokefirered with FRLG-Plus and downloaded from the correct Github depository), I get error messages when I try the "make compare" command, is it because there is no "base" FRLG+ hack to compare with? It worked fine up until this point. Either way, I'm also unable to make the FRLG-Plus.gba file which is what I really want. If I get this to work, then I should hopefully be able to edit files in VSC and recompile with "make -j<output of nproc>".

Here is some of the error message if it helps:

make[3]: *** [Makefile:151: build/src/agb_flash_1m.o] Error 127
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:169: payload] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:272: berry_fix] Error 2
    make: *** [Makefile:169: compare] Error 2

Is there anyone who can give me some assistance here? Thanks.

You have installed agbcc incorrectly for the FRLG+ directory. You have to clone it and install it into the FRLG+ directory just like you did with pokefirered. Additionally, don't run make compare when building hacks because you will be comparing to vanilla FR and obviously FRLG+ is going to fail that check. You can just run make -j<whatever> when building FRLG+ for the first time. You may want to run make clean beforehand.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    You have installed agbcc incorrectly for the FRLG+ directory. You have to clone it and install it into the FRLG+ directory just like you did with pokefirered. Additionally, don't run make compare when building hacks because you will be comparing to vanilla FR and obviously FRLG+ is going to fail that check. You can just run make -j<whatever> when building FRLG+ for the first time. You may want to run make clean beforehand.

Hmm, I really thought I installed agbcc just as the document says, so it must be something I'm missing here. Although that guide was for pokefirered, it should still be the same process for FRLG+ right?

I tried again from the start but I still get the same error message about "/bin/bash: arm-none-eabi-cpp: command not found". Here are all my steps:

- With WSL1 installed, run the command "sudo apt install build-essential binutils-arm-none-eabi git libpng-dev" to get all packages listed.
    - Change directory to the new empty folder FRLG-Plus-mod with "cd "/mnt/c/........../FRLG-Plus-mod"
    - Download Github FRLG+ files with "git clone https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus". No issues.
    - While still in the FRLG-Plus-mod folder, download agbcc "git clone https://github.com/pret/agbcc". Also no issues.
    - "cd ./agbcc"
    - "sh build.sh". Displays a whole bunch of text, with the last output being "make: Leaving directory '/mnt/c/........../FRLG-Plus-mod/agbcc/libc' "
    - "sh install.sh ../FRLG-Plus", with the output "agbcc successfully installed!"
    - "cd ../FRLG-Plus"
    - "make -j<nproc>", which runs normally for a short while before these error messages appear:

../../tools/gbagfx/gbagfx graphics/msg_box.png graphics/msg_box.gbapal
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:151: build/src/agb_flash_1m.o] Error 127
    make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:151: build/src/agb_flash_mx.o] Error 127
    make[2]: *** [Makefile:151: build/src/siirtc.o] Error 127
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:169: payload] Error 2
    make: *** [Makefile:272: berry_fix] Error 2

In the install file for FRLG+ (https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus/blob/master/INSTALL.md), there is a prerequisites section about installing devkitpro and some commands, is this necessary even when using WSL1?

Thanks for your help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Is there any possibility for someone if not the owner of tis rom hack to implement an shiny boost option?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Is there any possibility for someone if not the owner of tis rom hack to implement an shiny boost option?
    Or a pokeradar of sorts!?

I'm currently playing the game on a vita and it's been a blast. Challenge mode is low key the best feature of this hack. Really appreciate the instant text and battle intro animations. Not to mention all the other quality of life features!

One annoying thing I found is that if you accidentally press B and then A in a battle, you'll run from the Pokémon. Wish I could toggle that feature off.

But I'm already on island 1 and was surprised to see ashes from the volcano.

Can't wait to finish the game and shiny hunt!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Or a pokeradar of sorts!?

I'm currently playing the game on a vita and it's been a blast. Challenge mode is low key the best feature of this hack. Really appreciate the instant text and battle intro animations. Not to mention all the other quality of life features!

One annoying thing I found is that if you accidentally press B and then A in a battle, you'll run from the Pokémon. Wish I could toggle that feature off.

But I'm already on island 1 and was surprised to see ashes from the volcano.

Can't wait to finish the game and shiny hunt!!!

More like an option with % that goes up by 5% at the key settings OR something like the newest things of catch chain generally some way to boost the shiny rates.
    I finished the game kanto wise i caught everything and i am playing on my 3DS.

Back