• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [COMPLETE][pokefirered] Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen+

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    More like an option with % that goes up by 5% at the key settings OR something like the newest things of catch chain generally some way to boost the shiny rates.
    I finished the game kanto wise i caught everything and i am playing on my 3DS.
    I started on the 3ds but the game feels more organic on a gba style console like the vita

Hmm, I really thought I installed agbcc just as the document says, so it must be something I'm missing here. Although that guide was for pokefirered, it should still be the same process for FRLG+ right?

I tried again from the start but I still get the same error message about "/bin/bash: arm-none-eabi-cpp: command not found". Here are all my steps:

Spoiler:

In the install file for FRLG+ (https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus/blob/master/INSTALL.md), there is a prerequisites section about installing devkitpro and some commands, is this necessary even when using WSL1?

Thanks for your help.
    FRLG+ hasn't been updated from pret in quite some time, and I believe in that time some of the old build prereqs are no longer required for pokefirered but still are for FRLG+. I would follow FRLG+'s INSTALL.md. Unfortunately, I am one of those people that sets up their environment once and then promptly forgets about it, so I'm probably not the best person to help you with build issues. See if installing devkitpro fixes your issue. If not, you may want to ask in pret's Discord so that you can get real-time help. The link to that Discord is in FRLG+'s readme.

Is there any possibility for someone if not the owner of tis rom hack to implement an shiny boost option?
    There will be no shiny boost option from me. FRLG+ isn't meant to supplant the other Gen 3 games when it comes to getting good Pokemon.

Or a pokeradar of sorts!?

I'm currently playing the game on a vita and it's been a blast. Challenge mode is low key the best feature of this hack. Really appreciate the instant text and battle intro animations. Not to mention all the other quality of life features!

One annoying thing I found is that if you accidentally press B and then A in a battle, you'll run from the Pokémon. Wish I could toggle that feature off.

But I'm already on island 1 and was surprised to see ashes from the volcano.

Can't wait to finish the game and shiny hunt!!!
    When it comes to the PokeRadar or DexNav or chaining or other such features, for the same reason as my previous response, those will not be implemented.

I'll consider making the run shortcut a toggle. This is the first time I've heard anyone have an issue with it. Glad you're enjoying Challenge Mode!

I read that the Latis are version exclusive... is it similar to RS in that Latios is in FR and Latias is in LG?
    Yes, they are version exclusive, but you can catch both of them in one savefile by switching versions in the Key System Menu. I don't remember which is in which, but rest assured you can get both so it's not super important to know either way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2023
    FRLG+ hasn't been updated from pret in quite some time, and I believe in that time some of the old build prereqs are no longer required for pokefirered but still are for FRLG+. I would follow FRLG+'s INSTALL.md. Unfortunately, I am one of those people that sets up their environment once and then promptly forgets about it, so I'm probably not the best person to help you with build issues. See if installing devkitpro fixes your issue. If not, you may want to ask in pret's Discord so that you can get real-time help. The link to that Discord is in FRLG+'s readme.

This was indeed the answer! I asked in Discord and it turns out the error came from not having "arm-none-eabi-cpp" because it's not a part of the "binutils-arm-none-eabi" package. This command fixed the issue:

sudo apt install gcc-arm-none-eabi

I ran "make -j<nproc>" again and this time it went smoothly. Thanks for helping!

I think this hack is amazing with all the extra QoL features and such, so I really wanted to make a (very rough) randomizer along with some other changes for personal use based on this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Small suggestions:

Show the Pokémons type in your party menu and the Pokémon boxes as well

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hi there! I just found out about this rom and I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately I stumbled over an error and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. So I downloaded the squirrel rom and applied the patch. I than used an injector to convert the gba file to a cia file to install it on my 3ds xl. It's running fine but I can't save the game. I'm getting the "save error please exchange the backup memory" error. Any idea how to fix that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    I have an idea. Underwater trainer "Diver" battles!?

Maybe an Easter egg that unlocks the Johto Region or even parts of hoen

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    Is there any way to evolve trade only pokemon like Golem? I want to complete the pokedex and just wanted to make sure before hand. im playing this on mGBA on my laptop and really want to catch them all.

Small suggestions:

Show the Pokémons type in your party menu and the Pokémon boxes as well

I don't feel that this is important enough to warrant a UI change. It's been almost 20 years since FRLG came out and we've had the majority of the Pokemon featured in the game for even longer. Part of the gameplay is learning the types, and many of them are obvious just by looking at them.

Hi there! I just found out about this rom and I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately I stumbled over an error and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. So I downloaded the squirrel rom and applied the patch. I than used an injector to convert the gba file to a cia file to install it on my 3ds xl. It's running fine but I can't save the game. I'm getting the "save error please exchange the backup memory" error. Any idea how to fix that?

The settings used for the injection were probably not set up correctly. Pokemon uses a different save type than the one it apparently set it to. Follow whatever the instructions are for injecting vanilla Pokemon games with that piece of software.

I have an idea. Underwater trainer "Diver" battles!?

Maybe an Easter egg that unlocks the Johto Region or even parts of hoen

I'm not too keen on diver battles. Diving is a super late-game HM that only brings the player to optional areas and forces the player to be down a team member for the Pokemon that knows Dive. The underwater areas are so small and insignificant, basically only there for flavor, that I'm okay with leaving them mostly barren. Truthfully, the main reason they're there is to make Chinchou available in the wild legally.

The only parts of Hoenn that will ever be accessible are Southern Island and the Battle Tower/Frontier island. Johto locations will never be accessible.

Is there any way to evolve trade only pokemon like Golem? I want to complete the pokedex and just wanted to make sure before hand. im playing this on mGBA on my laptop and really want to catch them all.

Read the FAQ.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I haven't updated my version of this game in, like, six months. Have any revisions been done that would render my current saves incompatible? I'm at the Elite Four on my current file and don't want to have to start over.

Edit: Never mind, just realized I'm ON the most recent version

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2023
    Hey there. Just wanted to say that I am very much enjoying FRLG+. I just beat Blaine and I'm really excited to see how you've expanded upon the Sevii Isles.
    I wanted to point out some of my favorite aspects of the game so far:
    - Multi-use TMs and tutors is a godsend. Being able to have Rock Slide on Graveler and Machoke early on was so nice, as well as knowing that the huge price for the Game Corner TMs wouldn't be just for one single application.
    - Playing on hard has been a pleasantly challenging experience. Some gyms have whooped my butt a few times which is nice since usually I don't have to think much when playing. The gyms especially made me play a lot more strategically and it was great. The ace pokemon especially were a joy to fave because of their high level giving them a sort of "final boss" feel. I was doing perfectly fine vs. Blaine until his Flareon Wish passed to Arcanine who proceeded to set up Howls and then destroy almost all of my team. Hypno barely hung on to clinch that victory. Very memorable!
    - I LOVE what you did with Silph Co. I always found it so disappointing how barren it felt after the takeover. You fixed that with the great new music and population of NPCs that were really enjoyable to talk to. Put a smile on my face and made the freeing of Silph Co. a lot more impactful when playing.

Thank you so much for making FRLG+. I'll echo the positive comments from others in this thread: This is the definitive way to play FRLG. Great customization and QoL improvements while still true to the original game. I look forward to the rest of the game.

Also, my team says Hello :)
    Greatly appreciate the compatibility with PKHex as I was able to put Drowzee in as my starter.
    image.png

EDIT:
    Alright, I'm back with my post-Sevii Isles update. I LOVE what you did to the scenery of the islands. They feel more unique and were a joy to go through. The islands are my favorite part of the game and you improved on them! I love the safari zone expansion and the gym rematches as well. Thanks so much once again for this very enjoyable experience. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Hi. I have read through this thread and from what I understand I'm supposed to get the trade evolution item from my rival in Shilph co. I beat him and he didn't give me anything. Is my game bugged or am I missing something? I accidentally skipped Shilph co and came back to it at the end of the game when I realized I didn't have my 6th gym badge. Did that possibly bug it? Thank you for any help.

Years
  • Hi. I have read through this thread and from what I understand I'm supposed to get the trade evolution item from my rival in Shilph co. I beat him and he didn't give me anything. Is my game bugged or am I missing something? I accidentally skipped Shilph co and came back to it at the end of the game when I realized I didn't have my 6th gym badge. Did that possibly bug it? Thank you for any help.
    Is the Link Cable in your Key Items pocket?

Is this android compatible
    In a good emulator, it should be, as with any other ROM Hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Is the Link Cable in your Key Items pocket?

In a good emulator, it should be, as with any other ROM Hack.

Nope, no link cable in my key items pocket and I have beaten the elite 4. I am on a handheld emulator. Is there any other way I can evolve my Pokémon or is this save corrupted? I was trying to do the complete dex 😭

Years
  • Nope, no link cable in my key items pocket and I have beaten the elite 4. I am on a handheld emulator. Is there any other way I can evolve my Pokémon or is this save corrupted? I was trying to do the complete dex 😭

Oh, whoops. I forget that it's actually called LINKBRACELET.

But if you still can't find it, I'll send over something that might help you shortly.

Years
  • Thank you. Yeah, no linkbracelet either.

Attached is an untested patch with the Link Bracelet item near where the Rival shows up in Silph Co. Ensure you haven't saved in that area, else it won't show up.

Can't guarantee it'll work. Hackneyed job because it'll respawn immediately, but y'know, just for help and stuff. :)

And sorry I placed it there. Could've put it anywhere really.

Switch back to your regular game (this is built off the latest compile, mind you) once you've successfully obtained it. It should remain in your bag.

Attachments

• pokefirered-linkbracelethack.bps
      9.2 MB · Views: 0
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Attached is an untested patch with the Link Bracelet item near where the Rival shows up in Silph Co. Ensure you haven't saved in that area, else it won't show up.

Can't guarantee it'll work. Hackneyed job because it'll respawn immediately, but y'know, just for help and stuff. :)

And sorry I placed it there. Could've put it anywhere really.

Thank you. Is there a YouTube video I could watch showing how to patch a game? I just started roms and I've never done it before. Sorry for the hassle lol

Years
  • Thank you. Is there a YouTube video I could watch showing how to patch a game? I just started roms and I've never done it before. Sorry for the hassle lol

Just going to slip my own one here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=458595

Use ROM Patcher JS: https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

Use a clean FireRed ROM and use the patch I've provided as the ROM file and Patch file respectively.

And make sure you download the latest FRLG-Plus patch while you're at it!

Back