• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Completed Kalos Dex

Sandra

Pokédex Completer.
Years
  • Finally Completed the Kalos Dex, took my time because I wanted to get a whole team of 6 shiny magikarps (NOT interested in trading these...). :P 236 hours on X and 30 hours on Y.
    Biggest pain in the butt by far was getting Gliscor/Weavile. I HATE battle Maison.
    Who else has completed it?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm on my way, I think... I want to complete it someday >_>

What do you hate about the Battle Maison? For some reason it feels more agreeable to me than any of the past incarnations of the battle tower, though only marginally less frustrating. :S

Shilver

Cool Trainer
    Years
  • if you have lots of friend, you just have to ask them lend you pokes so you can easily complete this kind of task
    that what i did to complete my dex

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    I was trying to, then I got distracted by other things in game haha. Congrats though.

Years
  • Do you have to see all of them for the Oval Charm? Or do you have to catch them instead? I remember reading the former. Anyway, my Central and Coastal Dexes are near that, but not Mountain.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    I'm assuming you only have to see them, since Sycamore will congratulate you for "seeing" them all when you show it to him, whether or not you've caught them all. I finished the Central Kalos PokéDex around two weeks ago, but now I'm 7 levels away from obtaining every Pokémon in it.

TyRobot

Thanks Obamasnow!
    Years
  • First off, congratulations! I'm very close to having every possible available Pokemon from X/Y (be it legendary, safari, or whatever). And when the Pokemon Bank comes out, I'll have the entire National Dex, too.

I cannot wait! :)

Years
  • Congrats to all of you who completed the Pokedex!

I caught all the Kalos Pokemon and few from the others. Actually, I am trying to complete the Pokedex in my Black 2 because I want that shiny Haxorus! So, when the bank comes out I will transfer them all to X :)

Sandra

Pokédex Completer.
    Years
  • Do you have to see all of them for the Oval Charm? Or do you have to catch them instead? I remember reading the former. Anyway, my Central and Coastal Dexes are near that, but not Mountain.
    Unfortunately I don't know D: the last pokemon I evolved I hadn't seen yet.

First off, congratulations! I'm very close to having every possible available Pokemon from X/Y (be it legendary, safari, or whatever). And when the Pokemon Bank comes out, I'll have the entire National Dex, too.
    I cannot wait! :)
    Thanks! Good luck with yours, im unsure if ill do National Dex (right away =p) but I might.
    I'm on my way, I think... I want to complete it someday >_>

What do you hate about the Battle Maison? For some reason it feels more agreeable to me than any of the past incarnations of the battle tower, though only marginally less frustrating. :S
    I agree, its better than the rest of them but when your a 100% completer like me you have to get ALL the TM's thats 392 BP alone aswell as 48 BP for either gliscor/Weavile, thats 440 BP requirement for the whole pokedex and full TM list (of course you can get lucky and have someone on the gts request something like a bidoof for a weavile/gliscor, but that never happens)
    Reason Im not including the other one is because people will often-enough trade their gliscors/weaviles for eachother for the Pokédex. I got lucky enough to only have to get one of them. But lets say you don't have wifi, then thats a 488 BP requirement for full dex and all the tm's. Even though the majority of the Tm's suck I still want them for completionists sake. Also if your a competitive battler (i'm not really that competitive to the point where I IV Breed etc, but I still like to have a competitive team) then you have to get SO MUCH MORE BP for life orbs, choice specs, power anklets, the new skill-swap item if thats competitively useful, etc.

tl;dr: Its just too much being forced upon you to do it because the rewards are So good and some are a requirement for completing the game 100%. Anyway, this isn't a rant thread so I'll stop there =P

(Legends are mentioned here)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hopefully this doesn't burst your bubble, but you only have to see all the Pokemon to get the Oval Charm. Kudos for managing to catch all of them though haha.

Eidt: Oops someone said that already.

Years
  • I even have a list of where you can encounter every single Pokémon in the game, even if they're from trainers. Hope this helps anyone looking to see them all!

Central:
    Spoiler:

Coastal:
    Spoiler:

Mountain:
    Spoiler:

If you do in fact have to catch them all and not just see them…then I wasted my time here. V_V But whatever, figured it's worth posting.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I got the Kalos Pokedex filled rather easy. The GTS in combination with friend safaris is really useful, I got every Pokemon I wanted thrown at me (including legendaries). It got to a point where I was to lazy to evolve some of my Pokemon, because I could get them easily through GTS. {XD}

Sandra

Pokédex Completer.
    Years
  • Hopefully this doesn't burst your bubble, but you only have to see all the Pokemon to get the Oval Charm. Kudos for managing to catch all of them though haha.

Eidt: Oops someone said that already.
    I would have completed it if there was no reward at all! Its just something fun to do, and with the lack of after game it certainly entertained me for a long time, even if I spent a lengthy amount of time on every route until I beat the game to catch pokemon (I had atleast 100 captured in all 3 areas before elite 4 aswell as 100 hours and a level 100 Sylveon)

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2014
    Congrats on completing it! I'm pretty close too, just been breeding pokemon the last couple of days which has kept me busy. Oh and I think i got a weavile for a skarmory from gts, saved me A LOT of time. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I've never completed a Pokedex. I've sort of been trying, this gen, slooooooowly, through the GTS, but I have severe doubts I'll b able to fill in the legendaries- especially the ones only obtained from events, like Celebi or Mew.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Congratulations on completing the regional Dex!
    I'll inevitably complete it as I'm working on Gen III first of all, then I'll move to IV then V and so on. The only Pokemon I'd be missing from Gen III is the event Pokemon such us Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, etc. However event Pokemon don't even count towards the PokeDex! It will still be shown as completed...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, wow, that's quite an accomplishment. Congrats! (: Of all Pokémon in Kalos dex, I've captured only about thirty-seven of them, I think. I would catch more, but I just don't have the time or motivation. Last time I ever tried Pokédex was in Emerald, I think. Was pretty close, but unfortunately, I just couldn't get a hold of Feebas and Milotic. Eventually, I decided to just give up. If I put in a little more effort, though, I'm sure I could've gotten them... but, oh well. Not worth it to cry over spilled milk, haha.

Sandra

Pokédex Completer.
    Years
  • Oh, wow, that's quite an accomplishment. Congrats! (: Of all Pokémon in Kalos dex, I've captured only about thirty-seven of them, I think. I would catch more, but I just don't have the time or motivation. Last time I ever tried Pokédex was in Emerald, I think. Was pretty close, but unfortunately, I just couldn't get a hold of Feebas and Milotic. Eventually, I decided to just give up. If I put in a little more effort, though, I'm sure I could've gotten them... but, oh well. Not worth it to cry over spilled milk, haha.

If its just Feebas/Milotic left, I STRONGLY encourage you to go get them, completing a pokédex feels great, ESPECIALLY if there isn't a GTS in the game (GTS makes completing the pokedex atleast 4x easier) even if it takes you 10 hours I think its worth doing.

for some reason, I have NEVER had any problems finding feebas. every single time I "want" one, I find them on my 3rd or so cast. in every single game I do it in aswell, infact the first one or two times I caught one I didn't even know it was only on specific tiles of the route, so i guess I can't relate to the pain that everyone else has :P, I even found the 1% chance Milotic on black (1% took a while but I got it and freaked out!)

Trust me, finding a feebas isn't the hardest thing to do, if you wanna see hard try getting a lucky egg in firered & leafgreen without trading (only way is 5% chance held item chansey in safari zone) tbh getting a lucky egg in Firered & Leafgreen may be harder than actually completing a pokedex.

Back