• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completing a Game

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Some people play games a lot, and it takes them only a few days to complete them. For others, it takes months. How long does it usually take for you to complete a game?

When I was a kid, it used to take me a couple of weeks to finish a game successfully. I used to have a lot of free time back then. Nowadays, once I start playing a game, I rarely end up completing it. I don't have enough interests in video games as much as I used to, and I don't have much free time, either.

TY

Depends on the game... Some i finish in a few days, some take me forever to complete.

Years
  • Certainly depends on how much the game interests me. Price has no profound impact on how much I play a game (according to my observations about...myself o_O) Most take me, at the very least, a week to complete.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • A month max I guess. I have only 2 free days of the week where I can play video games, the other 5 days I'm working, I'll be too tired to play when I return. On those 2 days though, I'm on all day!

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
    Years
  • Depends on how long the game is an how much I want to play it. Sometimes in a few days, sometimes a couple of months. I guess it depends on how motivated I am to play it.

But it kinda sucks when you do finish the game, though. You'll never get the feeling of playing it like you did the first time, y'know?

Years
  • When I do a campaign on a game such as CoD, it normally takes me one or two days to complete, because I want to get it out of the way and do it all in one go to get the proper feel of the story. When it comes down to games that are solely campaign, such as Borderlands and Metro it takes me one or two weeks to complete, give or take a few days.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • probably less than two days if i sit and play the game. today i beat pokepark 2 in six hours. no life right there :P

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • When I was a little tyke, it took no longer than a couple weeks to beat a game. Then I'd usually replay it so I could have more time with it. Now, of course it depends on the game, but I'll say it takes about a month or two. Recently I played through Paper Mario and it took me a few months off and on to finish it, whereas only taking me a few weeks to beat Mega Man Starforce 2. Oh, and there are those odd games that I become absolutely obsessed with and beat in two days... *cough*

Also, I play a lot more video games during the winter, because I'm not inclined to go outside due to the weather.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm ultra OCD about collecting items, grinding, completing side missions, having all abilities, etc (whatever it may be) so it'll usually take a substantial amount of time beyond the main storyline for me to reach my standard of completion. This, of course, does depend on the game.. but if there's an objective involving optional, inconsequential, not very important, item gathering. You're damn right I'm doing to do it, and I'm gonna dedicate and extra 45 minutes to interacting with the environment until it's given everything it has to offer. >:3

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • It takes me a minimum of one month to complete a game. On average, I'd say two or three months, though every game I've bought over the past year hasn't been completed (except Black 2 lol). I like to take my time when playing games, I like to hear or read all of the dialogue, and check every little nook and cranny for secrets or whatever.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    To me, there are two levels of 'completing' a game.

The first is the obvious one, getting to the end of the story missions.

However, generally on my second playthrough, collecting items/extra missions/secret areas is the most extensive idea of 'completion' (aiming for 100% kind of thing).

I don't normally bother with getting all trophies, or collecting all items - maybe all key items or rare weapons or something though.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    When I was a kid, there was only one objective in a game: completing the main storyline. In games like Pokemon, my way of thinking was that defeating the champion meant conquering the game. In many other cases, I'd quickly label something as a 'final boss' and deem it as the end of the game. Back then, I had no idea all the doors I had left open after selling a finished cartridge off!

Now, of course, I'm fully aware of every achievement made available in the games I play, and unfortunately I take pride in systematically knocking out the objectives until there are none left. It's a huge time suck, but I can't help it. For example, I still haven't gotten every possible lum on every level of Rayman Origins!

Years
  • I usually don't even complete a game unless I really like playing it. I don't know it's much of a problem but sometimes I just don't bother continuing.

As for the games I do complete, once I'm just done with a main storyline I just stop playing it unless its multiplayer is worth playing.

Last edited:
    Back