• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compliments/Insults

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • What would you say is the one thing someone could say to you, that you would think "That is the greatest compliment I have ever gotten!"? That all other compliments can only dream of being?

Have you ever received a compliment that, at least at that time, you thought was the greatest, most complimentary thing anyone had ever said to you?

And conversely, what would be the worst insult you could think of, one that cuts through your self esteem, and makes you wonder why you even bother trying? And have you ever received such an insult? How did you handle it?

Last edited:

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
  • i dont like to answer back compliments in person
    but i occasionally smile or something

as for the insult
    id tell them to be quiet
    or shut up
    or maybe punch them in the face (sarcastic comment there)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't remember compliments, I don't get meaningful compliments often and when I do they're easily forgettable. the most rememberable compliment I got recently was when my English teacher said that I read beautifully.

insults, I always take them personally. I don't show it, but I always take them to heart, and I don't forget them. If someone insults me seriously, then I won't forgive them. One of my "friends" commonly insults me to my face, I usually let it go because if its to my face I take it jokingly. Then I found out she insults me far more often behind my back, that's something I won't forgive.

Last edited:

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Any sincere compliment really is a nice thing to receive for me. Of course no one compliment really is over the top in my opinion.

As for insults, those are measurable by degree. Again, there's that element of joking around, my friends say a lot of blonde jokes to me, but I don't really care. On the other hand there are many possible insults, that are actually serious, that I would dread receiving, such as being called a selfish low-life, or any of the explicit words you all know. :p I've never received any of these insults though, and hopefully it stays that way. :3

Back