• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comprehending IVs

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
  • I am between a rock and a hard place right now. I have been looking for references online about IV's, so but I haven't found any real in depth article about IV's. I know the stats are randomized, but how randomized are they? Do all pokemon have at least one perfect IV? I have the equations to calculate the stats, all I need to do is to find a way to calculate the IV's.

Code:
    HP Stat = ((IV + 2 * Base + (EV/4)) * Level/100) + 10 + Level 
    Other Stats = [((IV + 2 * Base + (EV/4)) * Level/100) + 5] * Nature

Years
  • IVs are completely randomized, unless through breeding or otherwise specified (as of 6th gen, legendary pokemon you encounter have 3 maxed IVs by default).

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • IVs are completely randomized, unless through breeding or otherwise specified (as of 6th gen, legendary pokemon you encounter have 3 maxed IVs by default).
    Right, because with breeding one has a chance to get the parents IV's (Mostly the male's).

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Seems legit:
    Comprehending IVs

Well minus that one issue.

Back