• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compression, Extraction, and Eventual Playing of the Game

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Alright, so I'm running RMXP on a free trial period and today is my last day of use, so I rushed out a demo of a game I'm working on. I didn't have time to update many tilesets, characters, etc, but I did something productive with it in the month that I had; it displays an idea that I will help blossom into something more dynamic in the near future.

Anyways, the meat of this thread: I tried to compress, extract, and convert my game file into a .zip file for my friends to try out, only for it to not work. The problem is something I can't necessarily pin-point, and I have tried looking on the internet for solutions but to no avail.

Now, I went to the PE wiki and followed its instructions on how to finalize a game. I even loaded the game up in RMXP and held Ctrl for the game to compile its data for the umpteenth time. Then, I went to "Compress Game Data," selected a folder to compress it in, and made sure that the data would create an encrypted archive. That went off without a hitch.

Then, I found my extraction .exe file. I clicked to extract the contents of it, just like what the wiki says to do, but the extraction process fails up at this point:
    View attachment 69837

So, seeing as how it was crapping out before extracting the Graphics and Data folders, I tried copying and pasting those folders from the Pokemon Essentials folder into the extracted game folder. I have really trusting friends, so I know that they wouldn't tamper with my game and would only run the game.exe file.

My friend tried to run the game and he ran into this:
    View attachment 69839

So, I tried finding the RGSS104E.dll file, and it was absent in my Essentials folder. It was, however, located in the Pokemon Fusion Generation folder that I had downloaded and played a little over a month ago and in my System32 file. I didn't know what I was dealing with when it came to the System32 iteration of the file (I generally stayed away from something as monumentally critical as System32), so I questioned why only Pokemon Fusion Generation had this file. I also looked up on the internet ways to get this file back, which lead me to a RMXP forum of a person that had the same problem. The OP of that this following link to a thread contacted Enterbrain and was given the file to download the RGSS104E.dll file.
    (I'm not allowed to post links to other pages yet, but here's a screen-cap of the page in question: )
    View attachment 69840

Now, I tried this, and at the end of installing the file, the process failed because there was another version of this file on my computer. This was either the Pokemon Fusion Generation or the System32 iteration of this file. Exiting out of downloading the RGSS104E.dll file, I pondered about how I could approach this problem. I tried copying and pasting the RGSS104E.dll file from Pokemon Fusion Generation into my game file just to test it out (I had no intentions on plagiarizing by using that file for my own, so it was merely an experiment), turned it into a .zip file, and sent it to my friend. He then got this error message:
    View attachment 69838

Deciding to go all-out on trying to solve this problem, I simply compressed everything in the Pokemon Essentials download folder into a .zip file and sent it to my friend. Again, he had troubles with the RGSS104E.dll file missing, leaving me absolutely stumped.

I believe that I still have a bit more time before my trial for RMXP is over (and if you want to private message me about ways of obtaining RMXP, be my guest), but I don't know if I can compress this Demo copy of my game into a real file before the trial period is over. Even if the trial period is over, I would really appreciate any help concerning how to fix this.

Thank you very much for reading this, and an especially thankful gesture to those who can help me out.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You can download rgss104e.dll off the internet, just Google it and it should be the top link... Then add this file to your game folder.

As for RMXP, unless you pay for it there is no other way... None that I can suggest.

Once you download the rgss104e file, everything should be fine.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Essentials Wiki Error messages page said:
    Essentials uses the file "RGSS102E.dll" (in the game's main folder), but every time you save the project in an RPG Maker XP which uses a different version of this file (e.g. "RGSS104E.dll"), a configuration setting will be changed to point to that other version instead. This can result in the game crashing (generally in evolution scene) or not running. If this happens, you should edit the "game.ini" file found in the game's main folder, and change the appropriate line to "Library=RGSS102E.dll" OR edit the dll name to match the Library name.
    ----------------------------------

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    You can download rgss104e.dll off the internet, just Google it and it should be the top link... Then add this file to your game folder.

As for RMXP, unless you pay for it there is no other way... None that I can suggest.

Once you download the rgss104e file, everything should be fine.

I already stated that I downloaded the RGSS104E.dll file, and it still didn't work.

----------------------------------

Alright, that worked. Now all I need to do is encrypt the graphics/ audio/ data files to limit people from editing them. Or should I omit those files? I was aware by the wiki that I should keep those files in the final game file.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    Where is this, "Finalizing a Game" PE post? I google'd and couldn't find anything!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I already stated that I downloaded the RGSS104E.dll file, and it still didn't work.

Alright, that worked. Now all I need to do is encrypt the graphics/ audio/ data files to limit people from editing them. Or should I omit those files? I was aware by the wiki that I should keep those files in the final game file.
    If you encrypt using the RPG Maker default system (a weak one) even if you delete the things that the tutorial said, your game will works the same way than when you run the "Game.exe" from your project. Also, the RPG Maker won't encrypt audio files.

Where is this, "Finalizing a Game" PE post? I google'd and couldn't find anything!
    Probably Takyon! is talking about https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com...ials#Turning_your_project_into_an_actual_game .

Back