• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compulsive game saver?!?!?!?!-***

How many time you save your game[during gameplay]?

• 0 [I'm a master, I don't save almost never]

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 1-2 p/hr [I take care about that but not too much]

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 3-4 per hour[I like to save games for precaution]

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • 5-6 p/hr [I'm very compulsive, and very very cautioned]

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 7+ COMPULSIVE SAVER AT TOP!!!!!111one!!!11eleven!!!! XD

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Are you a compulsive game saver..

I mean, do you save every 5 mins your game during gameplay?

Me, i save every 1 hour. XD

Cause imagine that you have progressed a lot and electricity power goes off. T_T

What about you?

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • Depending on what type of game it is. If the game was a game such as pokemon then, I probably wouldnt save until I decided to put the game down (which usually ranges from a couple of hours) seeing as you cant really "lose". Though if the game was like Final Fantasy Tactics, I save after every battle (lol), once you lose, you lose!

Years
  • As of late, because of various experiences with power problems over the past six months, I guess you could call me a "compulsive game saver." I save after some progress is made, or some major event happens, automatically. It's gotten to the point where I save after almost every little thing I do, though. That, however, has to do with not taking any chances.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • Depends on the game really
    Certain games like any of the Megaman X games, I never 'save' [use passwords to get to your previous spot]
    When I sit down, I ain't getting back up till Sigma's dead
    other games I save quite frequently in

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm going to move this to Other Games. It's more suited there. o_o;

Anyway, I hate saving in games. D: Especially now that it usually takes so long no matter what console I'm playing on. I'll only save before bosses or before cutscenes I really like so I can go back and watch them again later. 8D;

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I save at every moment allowed. Games with free save (ala Pokemon, or on the world map on Final Fantasy), I usually save every few battles, which may be about every 10-15 minutes.

I'm just cautious, have had many save files lost on me and other errors of the sort, and have a habit of saving my spot at the ends of things (ends of chapters/pages in books, end of battles in Pokemon, end of layers in Photoshop, etc.).

I should save more often than I do. I used to save before all the major battles in pokemon, because they were perdictable where they were going to be. In other games, I don't really do it, but I should, because I don't like replaying a part or battle that I just did! I usually turn it off for 3 or 4 days if I mess up, before picking it up again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I save before and after bosses in games and when I see a save point. In Pokemon I used to save a lot, like every time I leveled or healed at the P.C., but I've heard its not good for the internal battery when you save and load too much, so I don't save so much anymore. But since my Pearl just froze for some unknown reason, I save a little more often at DP in case it happens again.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I save before and after bosses in games and when I see a save point. In Pokemon I used to save a lot, like every time I leveled or healed at the P.C., but I've heard its not good for the internal battery when you save and load too much, so I don't save so much anymore. But since my Pearl just froze for some unknown reason, I save a little more often at DP in case it happens again.

My Gold and Silver batteries lasted longer than I've heard most people's did, and I got them before release (Woo! <_<), and I save tons, as I've stated.

So, maybe an odd case, or that's just speculation. I dunno.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Depends on the game. Something like Oblivion I'll save it before I go into a cave, before I go into a "mission", before I go into an Oblivion Gate and so on (and I've got like 4 save files on there. It's the same file, just at different save places).
    But something like a shooter, if I'm playing the main campaign then I'll only save it when I'm ready to stop.
    But I would say I'm a compulsive game saver. If it's RPGs, or something of the sort it's going to be saved all the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009

My Gold and Silver batteries lasted longer than I've heard most people's did, and I got them before release (Woo! <_<), and I save tons, as I've stated.

So, maybe an odd case, or that's just speculation. I dunno.

I cloned Pokemon and items so I think that causes the battery to run out faster, since you have to load the game a lot.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I save all the time...for games like GTA, only when necessary and I don't care much. But on games like super paper mario and most games that take awhile or are hard, I save about every 10 minutes :o

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    i dont save much

on pearl i save only when im tradeing
    but i dont really play that man games now

i just find them a bit of a bore

wait why did i start playing runescape again
    meh

on wario ware on gba i played it on emulator so i used QS helped me complete the game.

we and my mate use to play oon it in IT all the time

but yer it depends on what game if im even on a game

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • i usualy barely save until im at a big spot adn will save like every second lol and when my DS battery dies I literaly save 1nc a mintue so i don't lose anything...

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I remember I did that in my Pocket Monsters Silver Version. I never changed batteries until the game would turn itself off (so I was really sure the batteries had run out), and during that time I saved a lot.

ComNerd

Prof. L
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    I save when something is going to happen, that you won't see again, or before a BIG battle.

Back