• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer Internet Question

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    I have a router and it gives the internet signal to my computer, can the computer take WEP signal? I'm askign this ebcause I want to use Wi-Fi.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Most modern computers should be able to handle WEP encryption. Windows should guide you through connecting to your router.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The WEP key is located in a sticker somewhere around the router, close to a bar-code sticker. That is the key used to connect you should be looking for. Otherwise, if you check the settings of a connection, you should find the WEP field and a check-box that says "Show WEP key" or something similar depending on your operating system.

Last edited:

Corazón

Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Would laptops be effected by this? and will I have to reset everything?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    No no. All you have to do is check a sticker behind the router to get the WEP key.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oooh... I failed to read WPA in any of the previous posts >_<'

But any changes that go into reinstalling anything on your computer simply aren't possible. So you don't have to worry about any side-effects in the change process. Just... detect the new connection with whatever software you use(Windows default or an antenna drive).

Really, if your computer had a chance of spontaneous combustion during any changes to the internet we'd still be with Dial-up o_o'

Back