• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

computer

favourite OS

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    You...You forgot Windows 3.11 :<

:P

I like XP and 98...

However, DOS still pwnz all to this day :P

~Mooshykris

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You...You forgot Windows 3.11 :<

:P

I like XP and 98...

However, DOS still pwnz all to this day :P

~Mooshykris

DOS is not Windows, however.

As for myself, I'm now a die-hard Mac OS X user. Used XP/ME before, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I prefer vista, even though the first time i played around with it I wanted to shoot myself in the foot. I can get around and do just as much as I could with XP. I wouldn't mind still being stuck with XP, though.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Mac OSX is beautiful and much faster than many Windows operating systems, but it just doesn't run Windows-based games. And Mac-based computers are more expensive than Windows-based computers.

When it comes to Windows, though, I'll have to say Windows Vista. The graphics of Windows Vista are outstanding and beautiful, but the endless security prompts and limited programming abilities demonstrated in Vista are a cause for concern. Still, though, I'm not much of a programmer, so I like Windows Vista. Now, if only I had a computer to run it...

Right now I'm using Windows XP Professional SP2.

Years
    Unfortunatly for me, I'm using XP, but I really admire Linux for it's features and the fact its Open Source, I really don't play much games so I'm starting to stop using XP.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2009
    Linux has far more flexibility than OS X and Windows combined, though I use Windows XP solely because it runs everything that isn't Compiz. (If anything else can't be ported to Windows, you can just use Linux in Windows.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Windows XP is the best in my opinion, in almost all the ways. Windows Vista could have done something greater, but it has a LOT of lagging.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    I prefer Vista above all. While its general functionality isn't much different from XP, it still gets the job done and offers a few extra graphical enhancements, despite extra memory usage (which can be resolved with a larger page file or an extra $30 for another 512MB of RAM). Even though they aren't significant, you can get your term paper written with some eye candy to boot.

XP comes in a close second because of how well it performs by sitting on a maximum memory usage of 128MB from system processes, and yet most of it goes to the page file anyway.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    I always assumed that ME and 2000 were different versions of the same thing, kinda like XP Home vs. XP Pro. My desktop came with ME, currently runs XP. My laptop also runs XP. I still have variouys copies of 95, 98, ME, and several XP's laying around, too. (I need to find my 98 code, so I can get the old 98 Plus! disk to install)

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Windows XP forever. I don't have any problems with it, so I don't see why I should change my OS any time soon. That is, unless some BETTER (yes, I'm talking about you, Vista) version of Windows comes along.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I mostly use Linux. Though, I also have Windows Vista and Windows 7. Windows 7 is so much better than Vista, but I'm also one of the few people that likes Vista (I used to hate Windows, period...didn't matter the version).

As for Vista constantly bugging you about things...I just disabled User Account Control...I hate it (and Vista won't let me forget that it's disabled, either). Though, the always asking for permission to run a program thing is annoying...I haven't tried disabling it, yet (I'm not even sure you can).

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    For me, I like Windows Vista. Why? Because I like the themes, and it's fast. Although I prefer XP sometimes when it comes down to the UI system.

Back