• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C'on, just give up and stay in the pokeball!!!!!

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    My best chance of catching ledgendaries is to win the lottery over and over again to stock up on master balls.:)

rhei1

Casual Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    I like to imagine that when a pokemon gets stuck in a pokeball it has to spam "A" to resist and then legendaries are just really good at it.

Heavy and timer balls are really good at catching legendarys.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I like to imagine that when a pokemon gets stuck in a pokeball it has to spam "A" to resist and then legendaries are just really good at it.

Heavy and timer balls are really good at catching legendarys.

Lol they're like OMG Smash A! Smash A! Poof! Omg that was close >.<
    I can see that

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I've catch all the legendaries with Pokeballs, since G/S/C, i don't like any other pokeball haha, but yeah is a hard time do this. I've caught Dialga, Palkia, Giratina. Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-oh, Lugia, Regi's trio and Rayquaza with only a Pokeball , the other gave me a lot of fight (ten minutes and like 100 pokeballs haha). And the first time that i played Diamond i caught Dialga with is HP full with a single pokeball, i start the fight, see it well (because i don't know anyone of the legendaries), trow a pokeball just for fun and tada! Dialga was caught, this one was soooo lucky =); but in al my years of playing pokemon i always have trouble when i'm going to catch articuno, i refer to him like my nemesis because no matter the game, the version or the number if times that i play, he don't want to be caught by me haha

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    omg. has anyone tried catching latias in ss through the event? I usually catch legendaries easily alot of the time. but this dude fainted 3 times by using stuggle.
    I got him on 1 health all the time with scizors false swipe and got out my level 99 torterra 4 intimidation and spammed ultra balls until he fainted.
    What annoys me is that he prefered to faint rather than to b on my team....
    but i got him in the end!!! muhahahaha!!!
    i caught raikou with a pokeball the other day. i was like 'yeesh!!'

Years
    Beldum also has a catch rate of 3, and knows take down, and you can't actually just press A to activate the battle. Harder than any legendary imo. Took me ages to catch one.

The best tip is to hunt by night and use duskballs, or just have it already weakened (and paralysed/asleep) and let it run away thne everytime you encounter it throw a quickball on the first turn. Both good strategies for runners. I have caught every available legendary in both my Diamond and Platinum and still have my Masterball on both games.

On Ruby I did manage to catch Rayquaza in a regular Pokéball while he was asleep and at full health. Haven't been able to emulate it since though, and I've tried.

Also, for the more mathematically minded of you, check this out if you haven't already: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    When I first started playing Pokémon catching that first Legendary felt impossible. I gave up so many times thinking that it must be something wrong with my game why it's not catching. Then when it finally happened and I realised it was possible I got a feel for it, developed more patience and caught many more since. I don't even like wasting master balls on them anymore.

I've trained up Gallade to help me to catch them. Gallade can learn False Swipe, Hypnosis and Mean Look - a very useful move set. I also mostly use quick balls, Ultra Balls and Timer Balls. As for people catching in one go, I assume it's just pure luck.

That click noise when a Pokémon stays exactly where it should be must be one of the most satisfying noises in the whole world. :D

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    the really weird thing is, it seems harder to catch legendaries when weekened and statused than when with almost full health. i have to say, because i dont usually feel like fighting them, i used a regualr pokeball on a quarter of the legends i catch and it works on the firts try. i remember on gold i got entei with a great ball full health lol and in leaf green moltres took me a week to catch and 60+ ultra balls 1 hp sleeping, then i got really mad the second i saw it at full health threw a regular pokeball at it and it caught. i was sooooooooooooooooooo mad. :D

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Have you ever tried ORDINARY Pokeballing Mewtwo?
    MUST TRY.

Also, Mespirit, Red HP, 70 heal balls. DIDN'T EVEN MOVE THREE TIMES. ONLY TWO TIMES, AND EVEN THAT WAS LESS THAN 5. WITH SLEEP.

Years
    It took me 3 days to catch Ho-Oh in HG.. and each time I battle it I had it on 2HP, paralyzed and I slowed it down ALOT so it barely even attacked, and I couldn't catch it until two days later(mind you I did the exact same thing every battle b/c Ampharos was the only pokemon that could inflict a status condition..)

Oh, Zapdos was hard for me too. I had to chuck ultra balls at it forever, and then it killed itself. ._____.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I forgot to stock up on Ultra Balls before battling Lugia on SoulSilver so I had about 5 Ultra Balls, 7 Poke Balls, and 3 Great Balls. I Ran out of Ultra and just chucked Pokeballs for the lulz, and I was looking over at what my brother was doing and then I heard the "you caught blah blah!" music. So I unintentionally caught Lugia in a Pokeball.

I've also caught Entei, Regigigas, Palkia, Heatran, and Giratina in a Pokeball.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
    I used up my Master on Ho-oh, so I have no idea what to do for Lugia... I'm guessing Discharge and Thunder Wave courtesy of Ampharos is my best bet.

When I first started playing Red I didn't save before a legendary. Best bet is to save, save, save. Stock up on Ultras, use a Pokemon with a lot of status-inflicting moves.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    I used to tell the PokeBall when I was younger "...STAY IN DA POKEBALLL!!!!! YOUR GONNA BE MY SLAVE ANYWAYS!!!! SO YOU MINUS WELL STAY IN DA POKEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!" haha xD gooood times.

pinksyllibus

a lunar antidote
    Years
    It took me 22 resets to catch Ho-oh in HG this past week. It was ridiculous. I've never had so much trouble trying to catch a legendary Pokemon before. I think the game hates me! Hehe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2015
    The hardest Pokemon for me to catch has to be Lugia from the original Gold, Probably spent 20 mins throwing pokeballs at it!

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
    I think their should be a minigame inbetween catching pokemon, like hitting targets on the touch screen and the difficulty varies depending on the pokemon your trying to catch. that way you at least know why its coming out of the ball instead just wondering why?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The hardest for me have been Regigigas and Heatran in Pearl and Platinum. In Soul Silver, Lugia took 15 Ultra Balls to catch, which, considering my luck, actualy pretty good.

Worst part is, you can't go back and retrieve the Pokeballs that failed to work, so wave bye-bye to all that money you spent :/

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I gave up on the Lake trio because of this...never even liked em...XD

Back