• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concerned About Touchscreens.

Homsar_225

A Song From the Sixties
    Years
    Okay, the only reason I will never, ever , EVER buy a Nintendo DS is because of the touchscreen. I hate it. I believe it destroys the gameplay in games like "Wario Ware Touched" and "Pokemon Dash", not that either were very good games to begin with.

Now that I hear the Nintendo Revolution is going to have a touchscreen on the controllers, I am outraged! Now, in my opinion, the long anticipated Nintendo Revolution is going to be destroyed. I'm not going to buy one.

It would appear I am not alone. In fact, all of my friends have decided not to buy either game system, because they hate the touchscreen, too. Is there anyone else who shares my opinoin on this matter?

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    where did you hear that about the Revolution? Its exactly the opposite - on e3 live, the director or sales for Nintendo said that there will NOT be a touch screen controller on the Revolution.

And i believe that the touch screen does the opposite - it adds a whole new demention to gameplay. I'm not going to debate it further, because it is my opinion and it is no use to change someone else's. Lets just say that Nintendo wouldn't put a touch screen on the DS if it was to ruin games.

Casual Billy

Wargreymon: Miracle Mega
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2006
    Yeah, it has been stated the Rev. will not feature touch screen controllers. Don't jump the proverbial gun there.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Homsar_225 said:
    Okay, the only reason I will never, ever , EVER buy a Nintendo DS is because of the touchscreen. I hate it. I believe it destroys the gameplay in games like "Wario Ware Touched" and "Pokemon Dash", not that either were very good games to begin with.

Now that I hear the Nintendo Revolution is going to have a touchscreen on the controllers, I am outraged! Now, in my opinion, the long anticipated Nintendo Revolution is going to be destroyed. I'm not going to buy one.

It would appear I am not alone. In fact, all of my friends have decided not to buy either game system, because they hate the touchscreen, too. Is there anyone else who shares my opinoin on this matter?

*Meekly steps in and clears her throat* Erm... well, actually, I do like the touchscreens. :D At first I had a concern that they would wear and tear easily, but after playing with my DS for a couple of months, I've grown to love it. In fact, Wario Ware Touched is one of my favorite games because of it! ^_^ I haven't tried Pokemon Dash yet *Tries to ignore the gasps* due to lack of fundage. But I have Mario DS, and Wario Ware, and I luv 'em both. Especially Wario Ware. :P How much of it did you play? How could you not get hooked, lol! *Eager to hear his secret*

But in all seriousness, I think that I enjoy it so much because it's like a miniaturized version of my drawing tablet I use with my computer. I've gotten so used to drawing with one, that using the little stylus for my DS is child's play. And anyway, I'm looking forward to a new Zelda game for this platform. I'm wondering what kind they might have in the works. :P

Anyway, you said you hated the touchscreen. What about it makes it so awful to you? We all have our preferences, so I wanna hear yours. As far as I go, I like the fluid movement, and more control I have with it. But that may only be for me... I would imagine it would be different with you. :)

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah, I agree the touch screen wasnt to great of an idea and isnt utalized very well right now, but for some reason I was still lured into buying it. I don't regret it ether cuz great games like Advance Wars, Animal Crossing, and D/P are coming out.

PSP still ownz DS though :P

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Scyther5 said:
    PSP still ownz DS though :P

Blasphemy!!! XD

Ah well, I thought about a PSP before I got my DS. But the games for the DS looked better. And I only look at games when I buy a new system. :/ Although with the advances in technology nowadays, you almost have to look at all kinds of multimedia. If only the PSP was backwards compatible with Playstation and Playstation 2 games... then I might've considered it, lol.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Homsar_225 said:

You and a couple buddies don't make the vast population of gamers everywhere. I have a bunch of buddies that love the touchscreen, but I don't go and generalize everyone into em.

And where did you hear that the Revolution would use a touch screen...from one of your buddies? O_<

Homsar_225

A Song From the Sixties
    Years
    Dakota said:
    And where did you hear that the Revolution would use a touch screen...from one of your buddies? O_<

No, I heard it from Gamestop and many places on the internet. But, I guess the information was changed. But, if diamond and pearl are gonna be for the DS only, I might as well get one, I'll just continue to hate the touch screen.

I've also heard they are going to make an "Age of Empires" game for the DS. Is this true? Because if so, I'm getting a DS for sure.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Homsar_225 said:

It's bad enough when someone owns the DS and takes a few cracks at it. But not owning it and still putting it down is worse. Like I said before, the touch-screen adds a new twist to games. You can do new things on Super Mario 64 DS then what you had on Super Mario 64. Ask anyone that owns both games and see what they say. The touch-screen was a good idea and lets you play games in a way that has never been done before.

And yes Age of Empires will be on the DS. It's going to be called Age of Empires: Age of Kings (link below to the page on GameSpot).
    https://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/ageofempiresiiageofkings/index.html?q=Age+of+Empires

And yes Diamond and Pearl will most likely be only on the DS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Diamond/Pearl have been confirmed for the DS.

And you need to check your sources better xD AotE: AoK was announced AGES ago xD The revolution does NOT have a touch screen, which was also announced AGES ago. =P

DS >>>>>> PSP

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    The touch screen sounds a little stupid. But for some games, I guess it would be okay. But if I had the choice to rather have them or not, I would. What about Picto Chat and stuff like that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Picto Chat is awesome =3 Image having that and not a touch screen! It'd take hours to type out a whole convo x.x;; And you couldn't draw.

and Pac Pix is a really fun game too! Imagine that without a touch screen! Impossible >>;

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    homsar_225 said:
    No, I heard it from Gamestop and many places on the internet.
    o no you didn't. they have all said that there will be NO touch screen on the Revolution. How do i know? i always look on there for Revolution info.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Right now PictoChat doesn't have much use to it. I mean you can just go talk to the person you are chatting with. But if it goes online then it will be far better (talking to people on the other side of the world).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    When used properly, the touch screen is great. I absolutely love playing Super Mario 64 DS with the touch screen (using the Wrist Strap) than the Control Pad. It's almost like having a flat Control Stick for your DS.

Although, yes there are times when it's not used to it's full potential. The Urbz comes to mind.

And, as everyone else has stated already. The Revolution controller will not feature a touchscreen.

WarioWare: Touched is an incredibly fun, addictive, and odd game. It's not that different from a "normal" game. Original WareWario you press the A Button, now you tap the screen with the stylus. Should take you the same amount of time, is it that much of a bother to you that you have to hold the stylus?

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Right now PictoChat doesn't have much use to it. I mean you can just go talk to the person you are chatting with. But if it goes online then it will be far better (talking to people on the other side of the world).

Kind of true. If your 40 feet away from the person, then you could just talk. But it's not all pointless. One the second last day of school, my friend brought his Nintendo DS. And he picto chatted with a couple of other kids, probably from different classes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    another use for pictochat is if you have a secret you can picto it to them in stead of saying it outloud and if it might get you in trouble.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    eh,If you and your little buddies don't want the DS don't come to a pokemon forum and start bashing nintendo.

Anyway the touch screen owns everything.So mEH.

Back