• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concerning Fossils.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
  • In almost every generation, the game introduces a few new fossil Pokemon, and (I think!!) in every game you can somehow obtain new or old fossils and revive them for battle.

So yeah, that's a fossil. :) (If you didn't know! :P ) I don't know why, but fossils have always pricked my curiosity in the games. It just always seems...cool... to use a prehistoric Pokemon in my party. I also find it neat how EVERY fossil Pokemon is part Rock. It just makes sense, you know? Whenever I'm doing a play-through or something and I need a Rock-type, the first thing that comes to mind is "What are my fossil options?". I guess in general fossils are just way to add even more to the backdrop of the Pokemon Universe, by stating the fact that there actually were Pokemon thousands of years ago.

Another point that I like about fossils is how to obtain them. Obviously, most of the time they are just found in caves on your own or are given to you, like in Mt. Moon and Twist Mountain. But sometimes, the games spices it up by landing the fossils in different kinds of locations, such as the desert ruins in Hoenn. However, in Sinnoh, they really stepped it up by actually letting you go underground to mine for them! That part of Gen IV was exceptionally awesome. It is just all the more satisfying to know that you are the one who found your fossils buried deep in the earth.

Ok, well... I might have rambled a bit, but it's all true and this is my opinion on fossils. What do you think about them? Do you love fossil Pokemon as well, and do you use them in battle? I have always enjoyed this small feature in the games, and hope to see more of it in future ones.

P.S. Concerning fossils in future games, I had gotten an idea based off of Aurorus. When Aurorus was first released, I thought for sure it was a Fairy-type, based on how it looked. And then I saw mentioned somewhere that it was also and Ice-Type. So... I thought it was an Ice-Fairy, and that they were breaking the Fossils-Are-Rock-Types rule. My conclusion to this was that there was actually a new "type" of fossil Pokemon: Frozen Pokemon. Like, you know, frozen and preserved in glaciers! Instead of the Rock-typing, they would always be part Ice.

Oh, jeez, I rambled again. But yeah, I still think that it would be cool to introduce something like the Frozen Pokemon I explained. What are your thought on that? Thanks! :)

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • I think that fossil Pokemon are pretty cool! I also loved Gen. IV, where you could mine the fossils yourselves like you mentioned. I love most of the fossil Pokemon, like Aerodactyl and Aurorus.

Your idea about the Frozen Pokemon is very interesting! I am not very creative, so I wouldn't think of something like that! ^^ I also think it'd be cool if you could mine for fossils in areas other than caves and such, since I'm sure that you can find fossils in other locations. ^^

Years
  • I like the fossil pokemon as much as the next guy, although I can't say I've ever really used them in battles til recently with Tyran - I'M A MUTHA****IN' T-REX!!! - trum.

The frozen pokemon idea could be used in a future game I think. Maybe for like prehistoric mammal pokemon frozen in ice like Mastodons or Smilodons (Saber-toothed Cats) and such.

Since you are bringing up new ideas for fossil pokemon, here is one I came up with a few days ago (proabably cuz Thanksgiving is coming up soon); you start with a fat, dumb-looking turkey pokemon (Normal/Flying) that only knows one move "Flap" (as useless as "Splash") and you have an incomplete fossil that can't be restored into a pokemon like always. Now, if you give the turkey pokemon the incomplete fossil and level it up it will evolve (or rather "devolve") into a velociraptor pokemon (Rock/Dark). I'm thinking of calling it a "Vileraptor" and it would essentially be the same height as the turkey pokemon but a lot thinner, less feathers and a major attitude problem.

Back