• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conficker-the major virus bomb of 09 said to lay down its might on april 1st.

Zet

Years
    My friend's computer became infected with the virus, and he lent me his computer to tamper with it. After loading all the files on his hard drive to a Linux machine I have, I'm going to try and see if I can actually try to isolate the damn thing.
    can't you just use a conficker remover tool?

also has anyone else seen this ad on PC?
    Conficker-the major virus bomb of 09 said to lay down its might on april 1st.
    I'm not sure whether or not this tool is legit but I highly recommend not downloading it. And I added the link so you will know what I'm talking about

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    one of the things about the Conficker was that it stopped you from downloading anti-virus software, but I haven't seen much of anything happen, personally.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    one of the things about the Conficker was that it stopped you from downloading anti-virus software, but I haven't seen much of anything happen, personally.
    Sort of. It stops you from accessing AV sites. I attached removal tools in an earlier post in this thread, which anyone can access (page 3).

Obviously because Windows Update doesn't care about what most people want to do, and updates behind their backs.
    Very true. WGA downloads labeled as an important security update. For those of you that don't know, WGA attempts to see if your copy of Windows is legit, and nags you if it thinks it isn't (it also makes mistakes in a lot of instances, and detects a legit installation as not legit). How this could possibly be considered an important security update, or even beneficial at all for anyone but Microsoft is beyond me (besides having no positive effects, it contacts MS every 2 weeks with information about your computer that can potentially be intercepted and used against you).

Years
    Well, as much as I feel sorry for them, keeping an old system, that hasn't been appropriately updated is obviously going to leave you open to a ton of viruses. I don't think 2000/NT is a great idea if they want decent security, which is important for the sort of personal information they store.

I know that a huge number of Government organisations use Unix variants, for example Solaris or custom Linux distros. That's a much better choice for security.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I know that a huge number of Government organisations use Unix variants, for example Solaris or custom Linux distros. That's a much better choice for security.
    Obviously people should be using those, but the majority of tech people stick with Windows...heaven knows why.

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    Most Hospitals use Windows Still only a few use Unix hopefully this doesn't become a Epidemic if it happens we are totally Shrewed,I Seriously don't want something like a Pluto Kiss to happen.lol

Ein

Grim Angels FTW!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    Forgive me for my noobness, but what's a Pluto Kiss?

extramaster

Pokemon Diamond master
    Years
    I survive the virus even with my internet on in fact my internet is high speed yet the virus didn't touch me........ I think it's because i have about 17 antivirus/scanners on my computer :)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    That many virus scanners will interfere with your system and each other. You should have one good virus scanner and one good malware scanner at most; I recommend Avast! for your virus scanner.

Back