• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    A new trailer was released (in Japanese). Some neat bits; they've shown underwater diving for a second, some other overworld areas and even a couple bits of cutscenes with Rayquaza.

Also, those puddles/water at night showing the stars in the sky... neat touch. Seems more polished to me than in XY.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    The abandoned ship and the puddle at night looks INCREDIBLE. Heck, I was totally taken away.
    Mega evolve Lati in the sky. Goodness!
    Rayquaza crapping radioactive waste revealing itself... Wow. Just wow.

A little sad to see that framerate dip in horde battle though..

BTW, there's a TV ad for ORAS released nearly the same time. The content is nothing special, but listen to the music:

Also, Flygon in the video. MEGA FLAGON CUNFURMED OMFG

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I wonder what the Rayquaza subplot would be...it seems like it could be angry as the player is shown covering his ears as that pillar of Emerald light shines from the sea (I'm assuming it's coming from Sky Pillar). Perhaps the Primal activating has awoken it, though late xD. Guess Rayquaza is a slow one...or takes more action when both Groudon and Kyogre are around.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I wonder what the Rayquaza subplot would be...it seems like it could be angry as the player is shown covering his ears as that pillar of Emerald light shines from the sea (I'm assuming it's coming from Sky Pillar). Perhaps the Primal activating has awoken it, though late xD. Guess Rayquaza is a slow one...or takes more action when both Groudon and Kyogre are around.

Well, if the trailer reflects actual gameplay, Brendan appears to be stepping out of the Mossdeep City Gym. Unless the buildings are identical across cities, which I doubt.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    *** PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS SPOILERS ***

I have some more news regarding the ORAS demo :) Sorry if someone else already discussed this, so go easy on me please :3
    Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well, if the trailer reflects actual gameplay, Brendan appears to be stepping out of the Mossdeep City Gym. Unless the buildings are identical across cities, which I doubt.
    I noticed that too. So it either means that Rayquaza awakens (or at least sends that Pillar of Light into the sky) before Primal Groudon/Kyogre happens, or Liza and Tate or perhaps Steven will call us into the gym post game (perhaps through Match call), and as soon as we exit we see that bright pillar.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    What's strange is that it looks to be coming from the sea, more in Sootopolis' area then the Sky Pillar. So its either Rayquaza got seriously pissed off post game, or its not related to it at all. Anyway, holy balls at the night time reflections. That's one thing graphically that GF always ignored, so its good to see them place it in. Sea Mauville(?) is freaking huge as it is on the map, and if that's really its name, it makes much more sense, its as big as a city. Last but not least, that Victory Road Music, so good.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
    What's strange is that it looks to be coming from the sea, more in Sootopolis' area th[a]n the Sky Pillar. So its either [that] Rayquaza got seriously pissed off post game, or it[']s not related to it at all.

Hmmm…I wonder what this could mean? Could GameFreak be a little confused about how they've revised the Hoenn map from Ruby and Sapphire for OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, or is there another explanation for this discrepancy?

Anyway, holy balls at the night time reflections. That's one thing graphically that GF always ignored, so its good to see them place it in.

I definitely agree with you here! (The funny thing, though, is that I confused the word 'graphically' with the word 'geographically' when I first read this part of your post, so I was thinking, "Wait…don't you mean 'astronomically' and not 'geographically?" I must be seeing things…?!?)

Sea Mauville(?) is freaking huge as it is on the map, and[,] if that's really its name, it makes much more sense[;] its as big as a city.

Is 'Sea Mauville' a new name for (Old) Mauville City or New Mauville? If it's a new name for the original Mauville City, then I approve — the '-ville' part of Mauville City's name makes this title's 'City' part rather redundant, don't you think? (Oh, never mind…; Mauville City's not the only city in the Pokémon world that has this problem, so just ignore it as being off-topic — I may get around to creating another thread about this, but I probably won't…)

Years
    *** PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS MESSAGE CONTAINS SPOILERS ***

I have some more news regarding the ORAS demo :) Sorry if someone else already discussed this, so go easy on me please :3
    Spoiler:
    Ive had this mission, it seems like there is a possibility to do it again, but no option to choose to do it

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    New trailers released, with major spoilers on gameplay and music. Embedded is disabled so you have to click on the links.

The nostalgia is real on this one. I can't help but imagine the original music in conjunction with the new footage.

They did the rival, team leader boss and Gym Leader themes very well in this.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I only have one word for the Aqua/Magma leader theme: WOAH!

The rival theme was pretty good too. Home town was delightful. Route themes were okay, and the Professor Birch scene was just hilarious. Gym leader theme was a little out of tune IMO.

Really like all of the subtle things Gamefreak has paid attention to, like facial expressions, character movements (look at Sidney, May and the sliph scope scene) which actually makes a lot of difference in the actual game.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back