• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well Johto starters were received post game in Emerald originally for capturing 200+ Pokemon. So the fact that you receive Johto AND Unova startes in ORAS, Sinnoh needed the same treatment as a means of receiving the remaining Pokemon to complete the Dex for Gen VI. Kanto and Kalos starters were received in X and Y which all ties up nicely.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    This is not surprising at all:

ORAS will follow the same timeline as RS(E). In the Oceanic Museum there's a model of Royal Unova that is "under construction".

Still, it's really nice to see GF pay attention to such subtle details.

Last edited:
    Years
    So i'm watching Part 1 of shofu's playthrough, and it really does look neat. And May's reaction when she sees you in her room is funny. xP

And your starter begins with its elemental STAB move like it did in XY, which is cool.

Years
    So i'm watching Part 1 of shofu's playthrough, and it really does look neat. And May's reaction when she sees you in her room is funny. xP

And your starter begins with its elemental STAB move like it did in XY, which is cool.

So this means the Hoenn starters' starting moves will be as follows?

Treecko: Pound, Leer, Absorb

Torchic: Scratch, Growl, Ember

Mudkip: Tackle, Growl, Water Gun

So basically they must have altered the level-up movesets to have a STAB move when obtained, similar to the Kalos starters in X/Y. Based on what's seen here, Treecko starts off with the weakest moves of the bunch but at least Mudkip players won't be stuck with Water Gun for too long in terms of Water STAB since the pledge moves will be available at Mauville.

As for the alternate starters obtained in the postgame, I think we could be seeing them obtained at Lv5, but if not that, then Lv10 like the Kanto starters in X/Y.

Last edited:
    Years
    Oh, that's pretty nice, an 80 power STAB move as early as the third Gym is pretty nice.

Also, seems like the Pokénav's finder feature (or whatever it's called) is pretty powerful, as shofu got a Level 15 Taillow (which is higher than Roxanne's highest if i'm not mistaken) in the Petalburg Woods with Boomburst. A 140 power STAB move before you even reach the first Gym? I know Taillow's Special Attack sucks compared to its physical, but still, that is delicious.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Oh, that's pretty nice, an 80 power STAB move as early as the third Gym is pretty nice.

Also, seems like the Pokénav's finder feature (or whatever it's called) is pretty powerful, as shofu got a Level 15 Taillow (which is higher than Roxanne's highest if i'm not mistaken) in the Petalburg Woods with Boomburst. A 140 power STAB move before you even reach the first Gym? I know Taillow's Special Attack sucks compared to its physical, but still, that is delicious.

That is true but...

If he didn't have that Beldum, I think he will be wiped out. It's really risky.

Years
    That is true but...

If he didn't have that Beldum, I think he will be wiped out. It's really risky.

Yeah, it's safe to say he would not have gotten it if he didn't have Beldum. Although it at least tells you what level and extra move the Pokémon comes with. Still, i'm just as puzzled on that inclusion as he was.

Years
    No New Mega , No New Mega

Breaking News

Flygon commit suicide after watching all his Dragon Brother & Sister of Hoenn got themself a Mega except Him.

I was actually someone who expected Flygon would not get a Mega. It's literally got nothing going for it other than having a Ground-type immunity due to Levitate.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I expect some surprises coming up from this game. If the demo is any indication, there could be unexpected content sprouting up in the coming days/weeks.

Really hate this "time lock" though.
    I know what you mean. It feels like time is going awfully slow...sigh 30-30 1/2 hours to go until I pick up my copy...
    Those of you downloading it in the US only have to wait less than 10 hours to get the games. I expect the e-shop to crash though...

Btw those in Australia and East Asia have you gotten your copies yet since the game is already out?

1 day to go...one for the single Mega in the weather trio, Mega Rayquaza.

Years
    I know what you mean. It feels like time is going awfully slow...sigh 30-30 1/2 hours to go until I pick up my copy...
    Those of you downloading it in the US only have to wait less than 10 hours to get the games. I expect the e-shop to crash though...

Btw those in Australia and East Asia have you gotten your copies yet since the game is already out?

1 day to go...one for the single Mega in the weather trio, Mega Rayquaza.

Ugh, lucky people. I contemplated getting it digitally but I didn't want to have to buy a new SD card. Of course, Amazon says my copy has been in the state above me since yesterday. I could drive up to the place and get back before the day ends and I still have a while to wait :\

blue

gucci
    Years
    It really is a shame that Europe have to wait a week longer. It's not so much the waiting that is the issue, it's the fact that the internet will soon be flooded with spoilers, images, videos etc from people who've actually bought the game which will be much more difficult to avoid. I suppose it's just a matter of avoiding specific areas for a week, but like I said it would have been nice for another simultaneous worldwide release. Then again, we do get the coloured cases. n_n

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Can we listen to the revamped Drought theme for a bit? It's creepier than the original.
    Makes think a bit of the Pokemon Green Lavender Town theme. I don't find either all that creepy, but both have that screechy little beeping thing going on.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I heard

Spoiler:

Does that give them a chance to get Megevolution ???

After all ,
    Spoiler:

Also , Something need to fight for Flygon's Right for a Megevolution ???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back