• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, I don't see their gym type, nor their key Pokemon, changing.

I don't really like that trainer customisation isn't coming back nor agree that 'because we want to focus more on adventure [with remakes]' is a satisfactory reason. As said above - why not both? It's not like the ability to change clothes means you're ignoring all the adventure that comes from climbing volcanos, diving underwater, fighting giant weather gods, beating up small children with fire-breathing creatures, etc.

But it's kinda typical of Game Freak to throw in a feature that people generally like and then remove it from the next game. =p Oh well.
    I'm not entirely surprised about ORAS having certain limitations in comparison to XY, and I'm glad about this, so I won't have to hear XY getting constantly bashed by older fans despite being a new experience unlike ORAS, which is a remake of a game that started the split in the fanbase.
    The fanbase was arguing with itself about all sorts of things before RSE, I assure you. =p

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, I don't see their gym type, nor their key Pokemon, changing.

I don't really like that trainer customisation isn't coming back nor agree that 'because we want to focus more on adventure [with remakes]' is a satisfactory reason. As said above - why not both? It's not like the ability to change clothes means you're ignoring all the adventure that comes from climbing volcanos, diving underwater, fighting giant weather gods, beating up small children with fire-breathing creatures, etc.

But it's kinda typical of Game Freak to throw in a feature that people generally like and then remove it from the next game. =p Oh well.
    The fanbase was arguing with itself about all sorts of things before RSE, I assure you. =p
    Yeah, it's not that good of an excuse. Though considering the size of the games I wonder how big they would've been if they did have them. It will be quite massive likely.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    When I saw this, I told myself "**** just got real".

Spoiler:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    tbh I don't care about trainer customization.
    The male clothing options were nothing compared to the females, and even still, once I found a look I was happy with, I stopped customizing completely. I probably only bought a total of 10 clothing items through out my whole X play through, and don't plan on buying any more.

As for no patch to include ORAS megas, idc either. I'm not going to go back and play X anyway as I've never gone back to play a past pokemon game once a new one comes out. And I'm not a competitive player either so that aspect doesn't make me want a patch in X and Y either.

but sorry to those that wanted customization and an X&Y patch.
    Idk I feel even though it was de-confirmed that X&Y would get a patch, I don't think it would be that hard to send out a patch, and can see GF/Ninty possibly changing their minds in the future and creating a patch. But either way, I'm not bothered if they do or don't.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I wonder if we will be able to trade or battle with ORAS on X/Y.

Probably in battle, the new mega evolutions (except Diancie) will not have the "MEGA EVOLUTION" symbol in the lower screen. Other features might work as expected.

I'm wondering if this applies to Latias and Latios... These two can mega evolve in a hacked copy of XY.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Probably in battle, the new mega evolutions (except Diancie) will not have the "MEGA EVOLUTION" symbol in the lower screen. Other features might work as expected.

I'm wondering if this applies to Latias and Latios... These two can mega evolve in a hacked copy of XY.

I imagine they'll simply tell the user that is playing ORAS that they're using an item that can't be used in battle (new Megastones) and force them to change it or choose another Pokemon.

I do wonder about Lati@s too though. They're both in the coding for X&Y... so technically there shouldn't be much of a problem. Perhaps we'll have a future WiFi event distributing the Lati@s megastones to X&Y and ORAS, making them battle compatible for both games? Sounds like a bit of a reach though lol.

Years
    I downloaded pics of all the 3D models through something I found on Pastebin and I can reveal every Pokemon except a select few retain their models from X & Y. Some changes I can point out are, Charizard and Xatu are not shown flying anymore (which I think confirms removal of Sky Battles) plus Magikarp looks like it's not flopping on its side now. Chimchar also got changed, which is nice since I hated the animation its X & Y model had.

But oh man they look so beautiful compared to X & Y as far as I've seen.

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I downloaded pics of all the 3D models through something I found on Pastebin and I can reveal every Pokemon except a select few retain their models from X & Y. Some changes I can point out are, Charizard and Xatu are not shown flying anymore (which I think confirms removal of Sky Battles) plus Magikarp looks like it's not flopping on its side now.

Are you able to post the new models?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I downloaded pics of all the 3D models through something I found on Pastebin and I can reveal every Pokemon except a select few retain their models from X & Y. Some changes I can point out are, Charizard and Xatu are not shown flying anymore (which I think confirms removal of Sky Battles) plus Magikarp looks like it's not flopping on its side now. Chimchar also got changed, which is nice since I hated the animation its X & Y model had.

I'm also kinda hoping that you could post some of these. I kinda hope that Mega Charizard X isn't flying anymore. I know that Dragons can fly too, but I always thought it'd look better standing on the ground; the flying X/Y model just doesn't look right.

Years
    I'm also kinda hoping that you could post some of these. I kinda hope that Mega Charizard X isn't flying anymore. I know that Dragons can fly too, but I always thought it'd look better standing on the ground; the flying X/Y model just doesn't look right.

From what I've seen of all the pics I have, it appears only regular Charizard is standing. The Megas are both shown flying which I guess is a bit of a disappointment. Xatu on the other hand looks much better standing so I was glad they changed that stupid model it had in X/Y.

But this pretty much confirms Sky Battles won't be in Hoenn. However with that new Diver trainer class (I'm assuming they'll be called that) I'm wondering if we have a new battle similar to it where only Water-types can take part.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    But this pretty much confirms Sky Battles won't be in Hoenn. However with that new Diver trainer class (I'm assuming they'll be called that) I'm wondering if we have a new battle similar to it where only Water-types can take part.

This might make someone compare it to Molly and Misty's battle in the 3rd Pokemon movie or something similar, ahaha. And speaking of which, apparently someone can summon Shiftry in the battle in the sky (thanks to a Youtuber called GameExplain which discussed that), so I guess the Sky battles can be possibly removed from ORAS.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    So happy to hear that news about Xatu. I'm going to use one in my play through and I was really hoping that they would change it from the X and Y design. Great decision.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back