• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I don't want to spoil much, but I accidentally came across these two awesome facts in the text data of the Demos.

Elite Four Rematches are confirmed and being in the 70s with members using Mega Evolutions!
    I only looked at one of the Gym Leaders; but for those worrying about the nerf of Brawlys Makuhita, it is rectified! Tate and Liza signature Pokemon are at Level 45, that's a 3 level increase from the originals!

I avoided any further spoilers as I want to enjoy the games as much as possible, I have no idea of any of the teams and official levels. I just thought of share these two awesome facts. n_n

Years
    So apparently the leakers came across this...

Spoiler:

A Bright Powder? You gotta be kidding. Guess that means I better carry Aerial Ace if I don't like having my accuracy fail on me. But still can't believe they're giving his final rematch team competitive items, just like how some certain threats did in B2/W2's Challenge Mode.

If that Magnezone has Sturdy I definitely won't enjoy this, and I'll likely have to focus on special attacks to avoid that Rocky Helment.

Years
    Whoa, really? I gotta find out more about this, if they're rocking competitive items that might make things something else.

And Wallace's design looks rather unusual, I liked his original look considerably more.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Looks like somebody will be using a terribly under levelled fully evolved pokemon... Goodness.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    So if Charizard and Xatu return to standing poses then I guess most of the gliding pokemon like Tropius and Skarmory will return to standing poses?

I sure hope so. Gliding really doesn't suit Tropius or Skarmory. (among others)

Years
    Looks like somebody will be using a terribly under levelled fully evolved pokemon... Goodness.

Spoiler:

What's the bet that it'll be that Aarune dude... just dreadful. And we were hoping NPCs would stop with having underleveled evolutions.

So if Charizard and Xatu return to standing poses then I guess most of the gliding pokemon like Tropius and Skarmory will return to standing poses?

I think Skarmory had its model changed as well, to I think its feet being on the ground like most of its non-XY sprites/models have had. Tropius sadly retains its "gliding" model.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    What's the bet that it'll be that Aarune dude... just dreadful. And we were hoping NPCs would stop with having underleveled evolutions.

I think Skarmory had its model changed as well, to I think its feet being on the ground like most of its non-XY sprites/models have had. Tropius sadly retains its "gliding" model.

Ermmmm... I was trying not to spoil it. Haha.

Anyways,
    Spoiler:

Of course, I could be wrong and I hope myself to be.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Gah, the floodgates are (mostly) open! Preliminary comments about recent developments:

Spoiler:

Still hoping that the Legendary Bird Pokemon of Kanto can use Air Slash reliably... The chance of Mega Flygon seems to be diminishing... I'm still holding out hope, although I fear that "Mega Flygon" may become the "Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool" of Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire... (basically, big missed opportunity like what happened with Super Smash Bros. 4)

EDIT: Also, NEW Nintendo 3DS/Super Nintendo3DS faceplates..! *frothes*

Confirmed Information Discussion

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoTweet/status/522634635948220416

Last edited:
    Years
    I also came across this...

Spoiler:

And this:

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
    So apparently the leakers came across this...

Spoiler:

A Bright Powder? You gotta be kidding. Guess that means I better carry Aerial Ace if I don't like having my accuracy fail on me. But still can't believe they're giving his final rematch team competitive items, just like how some certain threats did in B2/W2's Challenge Mode.

If that Magnezone has Sturdy I definitely won't enjoy this, and I'll likely have to focus on special attacks to avoid that Rocky Helment.

Wow, Wally became strong! Seriously though that's a pretty challenging team, that's good. ;3

Years
    Didn't they mention something about all non-event legendaries being available between X/Y and OR/AS?

Because if they did, I wonder if they will take a page from X/Y but this time, instead of one of the legendary birds, either Suicune, Raikou, or Entei will roam around Hoenn depending on your choice of starter.

Years
    After going through the shiny pics of the new Megas, I just realized how shiny Mega Audino has barely any color difference from the original aside from just a change to its eye color.

Shiny Mega Audino has yellow eyes, while the normal colored one has red eyes. I feel like it's Garchomp all over again, because it looks so lazy. Shinies that look barely different from the normal ones really gets on my nerves.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I just wanted to post this here and see if I wasn't the only one who felt a rush of nostalgia upon hearing this soundtrack for the first time.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015

Tropius is a wild pokemon in the demo. It's sprite is still flying

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not at all surprised by the lack of patching the new Megas/Primals into X&Y. If you think about it, it's similar to B&W and B2&W2. You couldn't use the newly introduced formes from #2 but could still battle between the two games, right? This is just on a bit of a bigger scale, with all the new Megas.

It's disappointing, but not entirely surprising to me.

It's not the same. The form differences in Gen IV and Gen V were just that - form differences. Nothing happened in battle. Simply seeing a Pokemon with a specific (if "weird") type and stats is one thing. Seeing a normal Pokemon that magically changes type, stats, and ability in the middle of battle for no reason (from XY's perspective) is another.

More likely, it'll simply be set up so that the new Mega Evolutions don't work when fighting against an XY opponent.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    So I guess Day and Night will be present in ORAS! Something that wasn't originally in the Hoenn games to start with, I for one can't wait to see how beautiful Hoenn looks at night, evening or even morning. The Day/Night doesn't seem to be present in the Demo version though..
    You just made my day ^_^ I'm loving this game by the minute! honestly I think Ruby and Sapphire = best generation of pokemon of all time I don't care what others say IT'S SO EPIC!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I just wanted to post this here and see if I wasn't the only one who felt a rush of nostalgia upon hearing this soundtrack for the first time.

To be honest, every ORAS theme so far sounds very similar to the originals, even the trainer encounters, battles... Mostly updated with modern instruments.

It's not a bad thing, in fact I love it.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    There's a new...erm, news posted in Serebii.
    Details have been posted on the official site about a scheme called Pokémon Scrap. With this, from November 1st you can start collecting clippings which can give you codes to redeem on the campaign site from December 1st to get serial codes for various items in Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. While most of these are simply items, such as Nugget, Super Potion, Luxury Balls, Rare Candy & finally a Master Ball, three Mythical Pokémon are also obtained through this method. Shaymin, Keldeo & Victini are obtained this way.
    This campaign runs in Japan until April 30th 2015. The clippings can be obtained in various merchandise including booster packs for the upcoming TCG set, Gaia Volcano & Tidal Storm, in Pokemon Sandwich packs (Omega Ruby Strawberry Jam/Alpha Sapphire Tuna Bread flavours) and in Pokémon 3D Pencil Cases with more to be announced.
    There are 50 Pokémon Scrap cards to obtain. Shaymin needs 1, Nugget needs 3, Super Potion needs 5, Keldeo needs 7, Luxuy Ball needs 10, Rare Candy needs 13, Victini needs 16 and finally, to get a Master Ball, you need 20

...i have no comment. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back