• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ooh, Clauncher & Skrelp making the games in interesting with them being Kalos Pokemon and what not. I didn't really expect many Kalos Pokémon if any to show in the Regional Dex.

The thing is, there's a very scarce amount of Kalos Pokemon that can be found. The only other one found beside them is Klefki, which is a DexNav encounter on Route 113. I guess it's because the others can be easily traded over from X/Y anyway.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of the Pokemon obtainable through the Mirage Islands and DexNav are Pokemon that were absent from the Kalos Dex in X/Y. There's a lot of Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon mostly found through these methods, but there's some Kanto and Johto Pokemon found as well.

And in case you missed what I mentioned earlier about DexNav, the DexNav won't work on the tall grass. It only triggers the encounters in the normal grass. Routes 119, 120 and 123 only have the tall grass so those areas don't have DexNav encounters. I wasn't expecting them to change Route 123's grass entirely, because if I recall that route had the normal grass in the originals but yeah now you know.

Route 118 and 121 have both normal and tall grass, along with the Safari Zone. The wild Pokemon in the Safari Zone differ between the normal grass and tall grass, but some appear in both grass types.

Speaking of wild encounter changes between the originals and OR/AS, it's interesting that Kecleon only appeared on Route 119-120 in the originals but it can now be found in five different routes (all of which coincidentally have the tall grass). Surskit is now more common than it was before, with it now appearing in a few more areas by using Surf.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The thing is, there's a very scarce amount of Kalos Pokemon that can be found. The only other one found beside them is Klefki, which is a DexNav encounter on Route 113. I guess it's because the others can be easily traded over from X/Y anyway.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of the Pokemon obtainable through the Mirage Islands and DexNav are Pokemon that were absent from the Kalos Dex in X/Y. There's a lot of Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon mostly found through these methods, but there's some Kanto and Johto Pokemon found as well.

I would expect Sinnoh Pokémon for the sole reason of that was where many of the Hoenn and other Pokemon gained evolutions/pre-evolutions such as Roselia, Chimecho, Dusclops etc. I'm also happy that there are a good few Unova Pokémon, some great mons from there.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • People, Serebii states that Gardevoirite is given by Wanda, any ideas why she's not giving mine?

I already have the Mega Bracelet.

Years
  • People, Serebii states that Gardevoirite is given by Wanda, any ideas why she's not giving mine?

I already have the Mega Bracelet.

It could be postgame only, but I'll check if there's any further clarification. Serebii is still in the planning stages of its OR/AS coverage so it may take a while before Serebii and Wulava (the two Serebii staff members doing the project) complete their discoveries.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It could be postgame only, but I'll check if there's any further clarification. Serebii is still in the planning stages of its OR/AS coverage so it may take a while before Serebii and Wulava (the two Serebii staff members doing the project) complete their discoveries.

Hmm, thanks.
    I really want to Mega Evolve my Gardevoir :(

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    More info of version-exclusive legendaries according to Serebii:

Spoiler:
    I guess it's good that I got Alpha Sapphire then.

Years
  • After looking at the Move Tutor page that Serebii has, it's good to see that we'll be able to relearn all the important moves. No more having to breed Eevee in B2W2 to get a good one with Hyper Voice, or Ralts for that matter. However, they'll cost BP, but if the Battle Maison here works the same way as it did in XY with you getting BP after every fight, then that should make things go rather smooth if you have strong stuff.

Also, the shades i've seen of the Battle Resort feel reminiscent of the Resort Area in Platinum, where the trees looked more palm-ish than casual.

Years
  • Some details of the gift Pokemon received throughout the game:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Was rather disappointed with the choice...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Been playing for the better part of an hour. Picked Mudkip, already have a 5IV Swampert to breed with on Y, so I'll wait til meta to do that. Got my Shiny Beldum, gonna soft reset for an Adamant nature and cross my fingers on the IV's I guess?

Brought over a little team from the bank to get me started (All low level because I've always been curious to know what it would be like to take these guys through the game):

Nidoran Male
    Ralts
    Pinsir
    Jolteon
    Growlithe
    Gabite

I'll interchange as I see fit. Like to keep a rotation.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is nice to see mostly all of the mega stones are in each game. Anyways, has any new mega pokemon been found or been confirmed that there are no more in ORAS? It is hard to believe that they reveled all of the new Mega Pokemon before the games came out. I will be disappointed if at least Flygon and Milotic don't get one.

Years
  • It is nice to see mostly all of the mega stones are in each game. Anyways, has any new mega pokemon been found or been confirmed that there are no more in ORAS? It is hard to believe that they reveled all of the new Mega Pokemon before the games came out. I will be disappointed if at least Flygon and Milotic don't get one.

Sadly, I think it's been confirmed that there are no more Mega Evolutions that weren't already revealed. But i'm alright with that, as we've already been offered a nice ton from this game on its own.

Years
  • Serebii has also apparently discovered some version exclusivity among fossils, as shown below:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm actually taking my time on it. I already know it's probably going to be a good week or two until I beat the Elite Four. I'm not steam rolling over gyms either I got destroyed by Roxanne my first go around, and almost didn't survive Brawly. I slaughtered Wattson though, but only because I had plenty of ground/rock type moves, so it was natural that I would beat him easily.

Years
  • Serebii has finally uncovered how to get the Lucarionite and Garchompite and well, getting them ain't gonna be easy:
    Spoiler:

Also, they removed the frustrating "specific tiles" system for fishing up Feebas, as well as now making it able to be fished up with any of the rods. Yes, they actually made Feebas easier to get now which is a sigh of relief to anyone who wanted to use a Milotic on their team. The little brown fish is still found on Route 119 like the originals.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I discovered a neat little feature when playing ORAS. If your 3DS's clock is set for your birthday, then when you enter any Pokemon Center the lights will go dark upon your entrance and confetti will blow out. Not only that but Nurse Joy will wish you a Happy Birthday, the screen in the background will have a birthday cake on it, and the Pokemon Center's music will be different.

(My 3DS clock is a day behind, my Bday is the 21st of November, but it's the 22nd in my timezone, so I have to fix that soon.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back