• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Confirmed Pokémon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This thread will be for discussing all of the currently known Pokémon from Black and White as of now... which are as of Monday, June 14:

Tsutaaja (ツタージャ) - The Grass starter Grass Snake Pokémon
    Pokabu (ポカブ) - The Fire starter Fire Pig Pokémon
    Mijumaru (ミジュマル) -Water starter Sea Otter Pokémon
    Zoroark (ゾロアーク) The Dark-Type Monster Fox Pokémon
    Zorua (ゾロア) - The Dark-Type Evil Fox Pokémon
    Zekrom (ゼクロム) - The Electric/Dragon-Type Black Yin Pokémon
    Reshiram (レシラム) - The Fire/Dragon-Type White Yang Pokémon
    Chiramii (ラーミィ) - The Normal-Type Chinchilla Pokémon
    Mun'na (ムンナ) - The Psychic-Type Dream Eating Pokémon
    Gear/Giaru (ギアル) - The Steel-Type Gear Pokémon
    Mamepato (マメパト) - The Normal/Flying-Type Baby Pidgeon Pokémon
    Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ) - The Fire-Type Flaming Pokémon
    Shimama (シママ) - The Electric-Type Charged Pokémon
    Meguroko (メグロコ) - The Ground/Dark-Type Desert Crocodile Pokémon

Discuss, so which are your favorites so far and what do you think of them?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Meguroko (メグロコ) - The Ground/Dark-Type Desert Crocodile Pokémon

so far my fave of the non-lengends that were just introduced. its typing is awesome. ground/dark is a very potent offensive combo. and that overconfident/earthquake spiral ability will make this thing deadly if it gets a powerful evolution, or if it learns Swords dance. it could be at +6 attack in no time if played right.

Meguroko (and Evo(S) > hippopotas/hippowdon

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • So far I really love Reshiram, I think it is one of the most amazing looking legendaries in any pokemon game so far. It actually looks Epic unlike a lot of others.

At first I hated Hihidaruma, but now he has kind of grown on me and I really like how he looks, its kind of different. I hope he evolves into something awesome :)

My Third favourite out of the new pokemon so far is Shimama. I guess its because he is cute and I guess kind of a new design being a zebrah and all <3

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Tsutaaja would probably have to be one of the coolest yet composed grass type I've seen in a long time.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Meguroko (メグロコ) - The Ground/Dark-Type Desert Crocodile Pokémon

Meguroko (and Evo(S) > hippopotas/hippowdon

i agreee its so awesome XD i want one, i love crocs XD steve irwin ftw!

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I am so looking forward to picking Tsutaaja when I first start the game! And then I am hunting down a Chiramii and a Shimama. I don't care if they're going to be stupidly common, I love them. :3

And I agree with Live_Wire - Meguroko > Hippopotas.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I totally see Meguroko being OU... Earthquake + Crunch STABd and an ability to raise it's attack... wow. Let's hope they don't overdo this one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    My Signature says alot, but yeah, Meguroko is my favorite. He is going to be a beast. :) I hope it's not version exclusive!

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • I'm not sure whether to get Mijumaru or Tsutaaja for my starter, even though I promised myself that "no matter what that sillouette is going to be [Tsutaaja], I'm getting it."

But rightn after that I'm getting Chiramii. That thing is too adorable for words <3

I just hope they don't pull "Oh he's cute, but he's weak. Screw you."

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I started off saying "THE SNAKE IS A LIE" because it has legs but now...Smugleaf looks pretty cool. ^^ I'll still (probably) pick Porkabu (totally being his nickname) unless its evolution turns out to be crappy and Smugleaf evolves into a Chinese Lung (which it has got to. GOT TO!)

I'll probably be picking up a Mamepato on the first route, because it looks awesome (and negate's my rival's very likely Leer or Tail Whip, :D).

The crocko has an awesome ability, I just hope it evolves because those goggles for eyes are weeeeiiird. I guess I won't see them much from my backsprite, but eh...

All in all, the new Pokémon are awesome! Munna looks a bit weird and 'daruma does too, but that's just me. Awesome stuff.

PS. Haza, please don't change your text colour. On this white background, I can't see Reshiram at all and Shimama looks like Shinarma if I don't strain my eyes. @_@ Please, with that ridiculous myriad of colours, isn't there at least one that you can't see properly?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ) - The Fire-Type Flaming Pokémon

Hididaruma the Flaming pokemon? .......lolwut?(and I never say that).

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    PS. Haza, please don't change your text colour. On this white background, I can't see Reshiram at all and Shimama looks like Shinarma if I don't strain my eyes. @_@ Please, with that ridiculous myriad of colours, isn't there at least one that you can't see properly?

Lolz, I changed my crazy/fancy colors... my background, PC Special Purple, allows all of the colors to show without being harsh but you know me, being selfish and all <3 Hope that's better.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • We already have individual threads for all of them (Starters, Reshiram/Zekrom, some Zoruas thread somewhere, and the thread for the newly revealed ones from last week) so I don't think we need another discussion for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back