• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Connect the Dots: A Pixel Art Competition

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
I was going to scrath,just wanted to know,cuz that would make my life so easier
Altho Logiedan is winning.That masterpiece deserves first place T.T

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
Here's my entry. Here's Xiades the Reaper, main legendary in Pokemon Pyrite.

xiadesf2.png

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
For the purposes of this competition, let's keep it to pieces that have been drawn from scratch only.

And if it wasn't clear enough this ends at the same time as the extended event - 23:59, Thursday 21st EDT.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Guess then my smilancien isn't an entry, since i have only made his body, legs and paws from scratch. I could user some trainers I have, but guess that wouldn't really fit into pokémon theme, so...
Well, good luck to the competitors. xD

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Haven't done much pixel art for months, so here we go:

eeveelutions.png

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

Haven't done much pixel art for months, so here we go:

eeveelutions.png

I love the lighting and shading, and the cute concept!

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Did I say Friday? Clearly I meant Sunday. Blame EVO 2011.

Anyway, let's get to this.

3rd.png
3rd Place:
Dialga111

6nsgna.png

I think this has a lot of potential and in some parts already stands up in its own right. I like the design of the pictured Pokémon, and find its sprite is quite well made, especially in the shading of the hat. The interface is a nice little neat and tidy design and while the small map could stand to be shaded in a more convincing manner it's still a very good effort.

2nd.png
2nd Place:

Logiedan

2emj611.jpg

A nice unconventional piece. It's a big, bold work with a great foreground and nice use of dark colour in the background. The colouring and shading on Kyogre is very well done and really helps to set the tone of the image, while the Pokémon in the background help stop the background from being featureless without distracting you from the main element of the image.

1st.png
1st Place:

aragornbird

eeveelutions.png

I really, really like this. The scene itself is a nice concept, the foreground Pokémon are well-done in both line work and colouring while the background is detailed while still being easy on the eyes. The use of light in the piece is well executed and the sunbeam effects seal it.

Congratulations to everyone who contributed to the event, whether they won or not and I hope everybody had fun.

Now let's blow this joint.

Years
Yay, third place! Thank you so much! I'll try working on the map's shading!

Congratulations to Logiedan and Aragornbird, and to everyone who entered the contest!

Back