• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Connect to wi-fi? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    Hey!

I've recently bought Pokemon White and am desperate to take advantage of the wi-fi feature. Every time I try and connect to my houses wi-fi though it says the access point's security setting are not compatible with the DS.

Does anyone know any way round this?

Any help would be great, thanks!!

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I always have that problem too. I've just taken it as the DS has a terrible setup for the internet. I'm only trying to get into using the 3DS for internet and wifi.

Sorry I can't help more but that's really all there is to it IMO.. :(

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • That means you'll have to adjust your routers security to be WEP instead of WPA or WPA2. I fairly sure it's different for every router, so you'll have to google how to change it on your router or ask over at the Technology & Internet forums.

Basically, you have to change your Wi-Fi to WEP to trade. Hope this helps

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The best idea is to get a 3DS. That way your setting should work perfectly. Note that some DS games will still rely on regular DS-type settings (I have one of those games and it won't connect), but B/W/B2/W2 are not among those games and will seek any type of connection on a 3DS. HG/SS will not work with 3DS settings, meanwhile, hence why I've never connected it.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay it seems you've received a few helpful answers. If not, then yeah, Technology and Internet would definitely be helpful. This forum however, is only for discussion of the games, so keep that in mind for the future! Also, use Quick Questions for any other questions in the future, too :3 Good luck connecting to wifi!
    Connect to wi-fi? Help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back