• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Connected Maps With Fog Issue

Ookiiushidesu

Lead Mapper/Eventer at Gen0
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Hey all,

So, I'm trying to do a connected map while using a fog. The fog works on the first map, but as soon as I get near the edge of the maps, it makes the screen really dark, and doesn't apply on the second map. And, when I have the fog run on both maps, it still doesn't work.

Any way to make a fog consistent over connected maps?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    This is an issue with how fog is implemented in Essentials. Panoramas have the same issue (don't try and connect two maps with either or both having panoramas, or you'll get a face full of panorama background instead of your lovely map when you get close to the edge). Basically, each map has its own instance of a fog or panorama plane, which it layers on top of the entire other map when its loaded. The fix requires reimplementing how the game renders these planes, so there's shared drawing of the background planes. I did it once, sort of, on another project, but it's a bit of a cludge (wasn't sure what I was doing half the time) and it has a few bugs.

Or you can redo your maps to fit everything fog-related into one map. :/

Back