• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Consciously "Evil" Pokemon?

Years
  • Through the years and generations we've encountered Team Rocket, Plasma, and other baddies who seem to use Pokemon for their own devious ends, almost always human. A thought just came into my mind; Would/Does there exist a Pokemon who bears ill will towards the world and/or wishes to see it's inhabitants suffer?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I think wild Gengar and Haunter in general is rather mischievous if not evil for consuming other's shadow for their own satisfaction.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Usually when people think about this idea they immediately think about pokemon like Darkrai but I dont think Darkrai is actually evil,so if there is an "Evil" pokemon out there I dont think Nintendo has made it yet

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I can only think of the dark counterparts of pokemons.. Other than that, I don't think pokemons has any evilness in them. Its just their trainer thats evil thats why they too do evil things.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Spirtomb's existence has be stated to be specifically due to its own misdeeds, and most depictions of it show it as a malicious being content with destroying things for the heck of it. On the converse however, in the Mystery Dungeon series, when a Spiritomb is met, Grovle states that it only acts so hostile because of the disturbance of time.

Other Poké
    mon like Genosect, Ramparados and Rhyhorn could also be considered rather savage creatures in contrast to other Pokémon, but that's due to their more primitive, animal-like instinct.

A slew of Poké
    mon that could be considered truly evil are actually corrupted by humans, such as Bannete, Porygon-Z, and Mewtwo, and their hostile actions and savage nature are due to this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhh...Hydreigon?

Its' pokédex entries

Unlike Gyarados, it doesn't even need to be provoked to kill...and if you read Deino and Zweilous' entries, it's been like that all the time...from an innocent brutality, to squabbling between heads, to general carnal cruelty.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • In the anime I think Meowth says that there is "No such thing as an evil Pokemon, just evil trainers". I don't think he used the world evil, I think he said bad.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Well, the Pokes nature is reflected from their trainer I believe, so if the trainer is bad, then so is the Poke. Also, if the Poke did bad things, even if it was the trainer telling it to do it, it is still bad right? So in essence, I think if the trainer is bad so is the Poke. Pokes like Mewtwo and Haunter (Haunter was a sort of toned down evil) arent truly bad I think, well Haunter is just...Naughty lol. Mewtwo was doing that because of his scarred past..But thinking now..Maybe he was bad.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Nothing is born evil, so no there isn't an evil Pokémon. Gengar and Haunter look quite evil, but they have been shown to be playful Pokémon. Remember when Haunter joined Ash for the couple of episodes? Gastly and Gengar were playing with Ash, not really an evil Pokémon tbh.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Depends on the individual pokemon. They seem to be somewhat capable of taking sides, so there COULD be an Evil pokemon as we know it. Of course, in its opinion, it isn't evil, but everything else is. No one would identify themselves as evil, for they would see their opponents as evil.

Technically, any pokemon that is a predator to another pokemon is evil to the prey. Any pokemon who hurts another pokemon could be seen as evil to the injured pokemon. It all depends on context.

There is no more evil pokemon then there is evil people. In the right state of mind, what can be seen as evil, could actually be good to them.

I have no clue if this rant is coherent, due to sleeping troubles, and exhaustion, so yeah. This is, I think, what I mean to say.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Depends on the individual pokemon. They seem to be somewhat capable of taking sides, so there COULD be an Evil pokemon as we know it. Of course, in its opinion, it isn't evil, but everything else is. No one would identify themselves as evil, for they would see their opponents as evil.

Technically, any pokemon that is a predator to another pokemon is evil to the prey. Any pokemon who hurts another pokemon could be seen as evil to the injured pokemon. It all depends on context.

There is no more evil pokemon then there is evil people. In the right state of mind, what can be seen as evil, could actually be good to them.

I have no clue if this rant is coherent, due to sleeping troubles, and exhaustion, so yeah. This is, I think, what I mean to say.

Ahh,...What you say makes perfect sense..Like if you were crazy, technically you wouldnt be crazy as you would think yourself sane, and if you thought yourself crazy you would be sane, but from others point of view you would be insane, and they would be insane to you since they would be different right? >_>. So, its just a matter of opinions and differences.

Years
  • In the anime I think Meowth says that there is "No such thing as an evil Pokemon, just evil trainers". I don't think he used the world evil, I think he said bad.

No, it was Ekans and Koffing who said that when Meowth said "We're all bad guys, we don't need trainers to tell us to do bad things,".

The things Meowth says in Island of the Giant Pokemon proves he is consciously bad and is shocked when Ekans and Koffing tell him the supposed truth.

"It can't be. My master's not around and I always act like a rat".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    I think hitomoshi (ヒトモシ) is a candidate. From what I know from the anime, they live to suck the life-force from people and pokemon, killing their victims (by sending them to the other world).

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Pikachu, obviously, is the most brutally and mercilessly evil Pokemon out there.

Most Pokemon that are savage by nature are that way because of survival instincts in the wild. Many Ghost-types feed off the negative energies of humans, and so they frighten or corrupt their minds so they release that energy.

With the possible exception of said Ghost-types (and most of them just stir up trouble rather than doing some truly merciless things) Pokemon in their natural states aren't evil, they may behave that way to eat and survive. Humans can corrupt Pokemon (see Shadow Pokemon in Colo and XD) and Elite Overlord LeSabre™ has made his Pokemon so evil they orchestrate massive international Ponzi schemes.

ZeviL

Nihilist
    Years
  • Might as well ask, "are animals evil?" Which of course, there is no such thing. I imagine Pokemon as some kind of animals. They do what they have to in order to survive, even if it means killing other animals.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    mewtwo was pretty conscoius. Could talk too just to make it that bit more obvious :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    MewTwo was created, he was bound to be pretty messed up from the start.

I don't think any of them are intentionally evil. They're pretty innocent, until molded by humans.

Years
  • Might as well ask, "are animals evil?" Which of course, there is no such thing. I imagine Pokemon as some kind of animals. They do what they have to in order to survive, even if it means killing other animals.

Pokemon are far more intelligent than animals and know the difference between right and wrong.

Back