• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Considering a custom starter?

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I've already bred an Eevee with wish and toxic. I plan on training it to HG/SS and evolving it to Umbreon within the story.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    hmmm this seems like a good idea. Murkrow as a starter? sweeet....
    I dont really like using pokesav though, i find it very cheap :/. even though im most likely gonna do that lol ;P.
    but a custom starter would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    I would definitely start the game with an Absol.
    That's all I'd ever need. My beloved Absol:]

That's actually what I did in FR.
    Traded an Absol egg over from RSE and hatched it, then released my starter.
    Love my Absol, haha.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I did something like this in diamond one time for fun actually cause i was bored I kept piplup in the game then using my platinum I bred fraligatr typhlosion and meganium.
    i might do it with HG some time cause i'm gonna use HG to restart when I'm bored I'll probally do it w/ some Pokemon

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    I would definitely start the game with an Absol.
    That's all I'd ever need. My beloved Absol:]

That's actually what I did in FR.
    Traded an Absol egg over from RSE and hatched it, then released my starter.
    Love my Absol, haha.

Impossible.

I've done this kind of thing lots of times, I just trade over an egg, or whatever. Don't think I'll be doing it in this game first time round though, I'll definitely keep my starter, might trade one guy over too though...

Years
    I kinda did this when I started Diamond. I was so used to lvling up just my starter and leaving my other pokemon in the dust that I decided to lvl up a Starly instead. I love my Staraptor!

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I would consider doing it, and if so I would start with Dratini, mainly because I'm doing the Dragon ultimate monotype challenge, and he's kinda grown on me, as I keep having to start with him.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    I hate Kanto and Johto's starters. I've planned on starting with a Riolu and a Chingling =D

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    nope. I like the traditional grass fire and water. They have a choice to ditch their starter and catch a different pokemon.

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    I did that a few times back in the day with the gameshark. There was a code that let me choose what the starter PKMN would be. I did do this legit in Platinum however, having a friend who had already beaten the game send me a Gastly egg =D

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    I've always thought it would be cool to get to choose among a psychic, dark, and fighting type starter (it still holds to the weakness and strength triangle established by fire, grass, and water) and i love all of those types. Maybe an abra or a ralts (although both would be hard to start with) then idk for dark and for fighting maybe a machop or even a tyrouge ... or maybe a new set of pokemon all together!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Shouldn't this thread be in Pokemon General?
    I believe so more than here in HGSS, although going to move into General Pokemon Gaming as it applies to the games but not a specific gen. Should fit in either place probably but there it shall go unless someone else thinks it goes there more... *shrug and punts thread*

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah. I'd love to start with Pichu.

I might just have to do this. Don't have an AR though, so I'll probably just send over an egg.
    I would like to see games with more options than just the first three types....
    Maybe they could do something like Wind Waker (Zelda) did? First run would be normal, but after 'beating' it (E4? Red? x Pokemon in your Dex?), you could start over. Clearing the file would be annoying... but making a second could be nice.
    This would, however, require multiple save files, something I've been longing for quiet some time.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    hey i did this once
    my friend traded over an absol for my starter and i beat emerald with a disobeying absolwhich reached i think lvl 70

Esmas

General
    Years
    Hmm...Thinking about it, I'd simply choose any shiny Pokémon and be happy with that. I'd like to choose a shiny Skorupi and go through the game without evolving it, just for the sweet challenge. That'd be pretty fun. :]

I don't know, I'm just going through a Skorupi phase, I guess XD

Back