• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Considering buying a PSP

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
Years
  • Sorry I didn't know where else to post this thread, so I put it here. Anyways, I have an original DS and a DSi, and I was thinking of either selling or trading the DSi for PSP, perferably this modded one I found on craigslist. It's a PSP 3000 that's modded to play downloaded and homebrew games. I once had a Datel Games and Music card for my DS that allowed me to play homebrew games, and emulate old Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. However, with this card I could not emulate Gameboy Advance or DS games. With this modded PSP, will I be able to download an emulator and ROM files off of the interent and be able to play them in the PSP? What kinds of games (from differet systems) will I be able to play? Super Nintendo? N64? This is a big question for me because I would really like to have a system that can play all kinds of games. Will it be able to emulate the following systems;

* Gameboy and Gameboy Color
    * Gameboy Advance
    * Nintendo DS
    * Nintendo 64
    * Super Nintendo

If someone could answer these questions for me to help my decision that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    All of those and PS1, Sega MEGADRIVE, GameGear, some arcade games and (albeit poorly) DS games.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • Sorry I didn't know where else to post this thread, so I put it here. Anyways, I have an original DS and a DSi, and I was thinking of either selling or trading the DSi for PSP, perferably this modded one I found on craigslist. It's a PSP 3000 that's modded to play downloaded and homebrew games. I once had a Datel Games and Music card for my DS that allowed me to play homebrew games, and emulate old Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. However, with this card I could not emulate Gameboy Advance or DS games. With this modded PSP, will I be able to download an emulator and ROM files off of the interent and be able to play them in the PSP? What kinds of games (from differet systems) will I be able to play? Super Nintendo? N64? This is a big question for me because I would really like to have a system that can play all kinds of games. Will it be able to emulate the following systems;

* Gameboy and Gameboy Color: Perfectly
    * Gameboy Advance: Perfectly
    * Nintendo DS: Nope
    * Nintendo 64: It can, but not so great
    * Super Nintendo: Yes, but not every game works, and there are some glitches with others

If someone could answer these questions for me to help my decision that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    You sure you know it's modded? As far as I know the only way to mod 3000 is if you never turn it off. If you can mod one now, please enlighten me, because my 1000 is getting pretty old. As for your list goes look above

It can emulate Playstaion perfectly and can emulate a lot of other consoles and handhelds.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    You sure you know it's modded? As far as I know the only way to mod 3000 is if you never turn it off. If you can mod one now, please enlighten me, because my 1000 is getting pretty old. As for your list goes look above

It can emulate Playstaion perfectly and can emulate a lot of other consoles and handhelds.

I didn't realise he said 3000 ahahah. I didn't know you could mod those. I'm running a slim and lite (from like, release date) modded, but i guess someone cracked the 3000 too.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • The PSP 3000 can now be Modded. Although If you want to try and run all them different consoles you would need a large memory card or a few smaller ones.

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
  • The PSP 3000 can now be Modded. Although If you want to try and run all them different consoles you would need a large memory card or a few smaller ones.

Yeah the guy's throwing in a couple memory cards, one 2gig and one 4gig. I'm glad that it plays PSx because that was one of my fave consoles, along with GBA and N64.

Years
  • www.acidmods.com/forum has people who can help you (step by step) mod your psp...

but yeah modding on 3000 came out a while ago. it seems like people still havent seen that you can yet (hell i have seen people that don't know that iPod touch 2nd gen can be modded @_@)

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
  • You sure you know it's modded? As far as I know the only way to mod 3000 is if you never turn it off. If you can mod one now, please enlighten me, because my 1000 is getting pretty old. As for your list goes look above

You can mod the 3x series now with ChickHEN R2 and Custom Firmware Enabler. The trick also works with 2k models with the TA-88v3 motherboard. But you can't turn it off.. you have to standby it. If it does get turned off you can easily boot it back into the custom firmware if you keep CFWEnabler 3.50 and ChickHEN on your PSP, and it takes less than a minute.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Or you could just be true to the companies and buy the consoles and games you want.

Back