• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

considering remaking yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    How does an idea of remaking Pokemon Yellow sound?

Im thinking about making it in emerald, because i can do a lot more in emerald.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
    A lot have tried it. Wouldn't call it impossible though. The main thing you would have to do for an exact remake is create a routine for Pikachu to follow you, not walk into walls, Show diffrent animations at diffrent levels of happiness, make it dissappear when fainting or going into a PC, change the sounds of the Pikachu, and a lot more...

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    i cant make pikachu follow the player cuz i DONT want to script every single tile..

i guess ill make it in fire red and add events to it. i wont be needing much mapping except when i remodel the caves or something.

u guys think i should do it?

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
    i cant make pikachu follow the player cuz i DONT want to script every single tile..

u guys think i should do it?
    Yeah... The most efficient way to do it would be to create a routine that runs at every frame to check for certain conditions... But to my knowledge, I don't think any of the current scripting programs do that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    even if i cant get pikachu to follow the player...should i still make Electric Yellow?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    This topic is pointless. This is a place for ideas and upcoming hacks, not a discussion place on whether to make a yellow remake or not.

*Locks*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back