• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Console features

pkmin3033

Now, we all know that the most important function of any video games console is that it actually plays video games. But unless you're Nintendo, who take it to almost insulting extremes with their minimalistic approach, consoles do a lot more than that - you can watch streaming services, browse the internet, play DVDs and Blu Rays, etc. Consoles also have themes, activity logs, Skyrim, trophies/achievements, and other UI features designed to make them more appealing and convenient to users.

So, excluding the obvious requirement of playing games, what do you classify as a good or essential feature for a games console to have? Are these features a deciding factor on whether you purchase it or not?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Skyrim is a must. If a modern home console doesn't have it, I'm not buying.

I like the ability to take screenshots and record clips, just to look back on after you beat a game. My PS4's capture gallery is full of badass moments, beautiful scenery and other things I thought looked neat. It's another way to appreciate a game imo.

Back