• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Console Games Dying..."

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

Actually, most games played on a computer with 2005 technology can probably be played with a 2010 game, with the exception of any Crytek game. Games are now reaching a point where graphics can't improve without throwing even more money at it, and it will likely stay this way for a while.

But I do agree, it is annoying when you buy a game only to realize that you don't have the proper specs to run it.

This D:

Usually it's the graphics card too xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Even if casual gamers pick up a few applications on their phones, there's still plenty upon plenty of people who don't even own iPhone's and would rather play with something more real~ when gaming. When you think gaming, you think of a controller, buttons, a keyboard, a mouse, whatever, a physical way to play the game. You don't think touch screens as quickly (at least I don't). I've seen more casual gamers have DS systems than I have seen them have smart phones with applications on them. Sure, an application game is fun for what it's supposed to be, short and sweet. A console game (or PC game) is for the loooong haul baby, hours and hours of gameplay! Personally, I have played with consoles and also with flash games and console games keep my attention much longer because there's always something lacking flash wise to me. It isn't just the lack of a physical controller to play with. I think it more deals with the fact that they're just meant to be short so I take them as they are and play them briefly when my phone is all I got.

This Angry Birds guy is either full of himself, or he thinks everyone will have a smart phone and abandon the consoles they loved for years for flash games on cell phones. That isn't going to happen, seeing as there's still way too many people who purchase consoles and physical games. Consoles have more storage than a phone, better specifications to meet gaming standards and games run MUCH smoother on one. My phone tends to lag or even sometimes shut down an application if it's too much for it. So, unless a phone is going to have a disc drive, a 200+ gb built in memory, and better hardware to run a game, application gaming will only go so far and console / PC gaming will still be far far ahead of it. I don't think they'd die anytime soon and definitely not to the fate of application games. o.O

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    First of all, it was simply an assumption I have made based on people I know who own a wii.

Not neccessarily, just because I believe most wii owners will have bought another console doesn't mean that the wii hasn't influenced the market more to the casual side.

Also them return rates only suggest reliability and I never said that these wii owners returned them, I still have my wii sitting there collecting dust.

As for evidence, I'll just go with a survey suggesting that most owners of a wii and another console consider it their secondary console.

Meh. The evidence is pretty weak considering it seems to be around the time where Kinext and Move were big, whereas the Wii hadn't released anything major worth noting. In other words, the context is more to blame than the supposed conclusion you're getting from this.

Also, the point of that link was that there /were/ no good results. CB I was searching for evidence that would've supported your argument~

Years
    The main drawbacks for PC gaming (imo) would be the constant upgrading whereas the consoles stay generally the same for years to come up until the next generation comes along.

I do agree. It is certainly annoying if you don't have the correct spec to run the game, because if you don't, you either don't play it and miss out, or upgrade the computer which just eats at your bank balance.

However, I personally feel that you, normally, get better graphics on the PC and I prefer it for games like, FPS's, since I feel the controls are more natural and responsive by using a mouse to aim and such.​

Back