• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    From what I've heard Game Freak snuck Mew into the games coding without Nintendo knowing until it was already realeased. They also never mention the War that Surge Lt was in or who it was against.

Also Charmander was going to have spikes on its back and graverler was spossed to be floating like geodude. In Gen 4's coding theirs a place for the ??? type Arcues.

My bro pointed this one out to me and it was freaky: In the Red/Blue games when you meet your rival in the Lavender Tower (Ghost Tower) he asks you about do you know how it feels to have a dead pokemon. From that point on in the game you never see his Raticate again...coincidence?
    Yeah the Ratticate of your rival really died, my friend and I found that one out some time ago, and we were kind of .. unpleasantly surprised, we found it a little controversial, but oh well.

I read somewhere about the Unova region being based on New York City, and that Castelia City was based on down town Manhatten. This could make sense since Unova is very far from the other regions, which are based on Japan. Now, in Castelia city, there is a construction in the desert, I read that that was supposed to be Ground Zero.

Also, I think the theory about Ditto being a failed Mew clone, is true. They have the same colour scheme, in both normal and Shiny form. They both weigh 8.8 lbs, and both can learn a move that no other Pokémon can learn, Transform. Another interesting thing is that in the Cinnabar Mansion, there are a lot of Ditto's to be found, and it is where many experiments between Mew and Mewtwo were performed. And it would make sense to me, because Ditto is just a blobby thing without form, so it is very plausible to me that it could be a failed clone.

I also know about the one that Psyduck and Golduck's names have been switched. If you think about it, Psyduck is a golden coloured duck, and Golduck has a gem kind of thing on his forehead, representing his psychic powers.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    This one isn't a conspiracy, per se, but Lapras's name is actually supposed to be Laplace.
    How did it become Lapras then? Because Lapras just sounds like the phonetic way of saying 'laplace' in Japanese.

Pym

atomic!
    Years
  • i have a theory that the team galactic commander mars is athena's daughter, and silver's step sister. i am just going off the red hair bit, but i still think it'd be pretty cool xd

- // Pym

Years
  • How did it become Lapras then? Because Lapras just sounds like the phonetic way of saying 'laplace' in Japanese.

That actually is where it comes from. If you check out Lapras's page on Bulbapedia(here) and scroll to the bottom where it says "Name Origin", it explains there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    the whole story with cubone is that if a kangaskan mother were to die off before the baby in the pouch was fully grown the baby would use the mother's skull for protection and the bone for self defense. over time the cubone would grow and eventually evolve

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
    Years
  • Magikarp was supposed to evolve into Dragonite and Dragonair was supposed to evolve into Gyarados.
    A Clefable died and that same night the other Clefable danced because they always had to on a dark night. The dead Clefable was mad and came out of one of the other Clefable's shadow as Gengar.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2014
    Hehe, I see a few people have been influenced by a certain post on Pokememes.

On topic, I have read many theories about a particular moving truck in Red and Blue. Most famous being Mew, but I've read things about your character in R/S having moved from Kanto, and that R/S was almost finished at the time of Red and Blue, but there was no system to play it on so it was delayed.

Total nonsense of course, very flawed. Amusing though.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • This makes me feel uncomfortable but:

I've heard stories that Gengar eats the souls of people. Freaky, however probably total nonsense.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Ditto was a mutated Chansey, notice the eyes

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If you played through FR/LG as a girl, you probably noticed that she's fallen off the face of the earth by the time HG/SS rolls around. This is because the League didn't like her, exiled her, and brainwashed everyone to forget all about her and replaced her with Red.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i have a theory,

entei was based off arcanine? meaning arcanine. couldve been a legendary dog.

and darkrai was giratinas helper/partner.

the whole story with cubone is that if a kangaskan mother were to die off before the baby in the pouch was fully grown the baby would use the mother's skull for protection and the bone for self defense. over time the cubone would grow and eventually evolve

wow is this true.

the skull shape and kangaskhans head shape are very very similar.

0_0

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    That makes a lot of sense, actually. I still don't understand how Dragonair, a blue limb-less wing-less dragon, evolves into Dragonite, an orange dragon with limbs and wings.
    Yet you don't question how a cute baby like this turns into a huge monster like this? Right...

My theory is when some Pokemon's evolutions are very different from their first form, it is because during evolution they completely change and only retain small bodily features like eyes, eye color and et cetera. I mean, compared to Darwin's evolution theory it should make sense since look how something like this evolved into something like this.

But I guess that's not much of a conspiracy theory then. Oh well.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i can see magikarp evolving into dragonite but i cant see dragonair evolving into gyarados.

what i think shouldve or was gonna be done was dragonair was gonna be a final evo for dratini.

gyarados was gonna be a 1 stage pokemon. and dragonite was gonna be magikarps evo.

i dont think GF was gonna make a whole other type (dragon type) for just 1 pokemon family.

and does anyone have an idea why gyarados is a flying type?

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    I think they made it Flying type, because it would be a bit overpowered if it was Water/Dragon type.

and why not just leave it as water?
    water/fight makes more sense to me than water/flying...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Getting a bit off the topic of conspiracy theories, guys. If you want to talk about Gyarados' typing, feel free to use this thread right here! :3 (for another day, then you can remake it if no one's posted in it lool)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back