• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conspiracy Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
  • That makes a lot of sense, actually. I still don't understand how Dragonair, a blue limb-less wing-less dragon, evolves into Dragonite, an orange dragon with limbs and wings.
    It's a imoogi.
    A snake-like creature that becomes a full fledged dragon once it catches a jewel in it's mouth.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Darwinian Crack Theory

I got one that will blow up everything you believe is right and logical... humans are Pokemon! They just don't evolve conventionally, are poor fighters, and nobody has attempted to catch one yet.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • The Cubone-Kangaskhan theory does make sense. Why else would Giovanni have a Kangaskhan if he's a Ground-type trainer?
    Oh and I've also heard about the Ground-Zero conspiracy. Castelia City is based off New York and the desert behind it used to be a city too. But then a meteorite crashed it, aka Kyurem.
    Looking at Kyurem's pokédex entry, how tall is it? 9'10, close enough.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The Cubone-Kangaskhan theory does make sense. Why else would Giovanni have a Kangaskhan if he's a Ground-type trainer?
    Oh and I've also heard about the Ground-Zero conspiracy. Castelia City is based off New York and the desert behind it used to be a city too. But then a meteorite crashed it, aka Kyurem.
    Looking at Kyurem's pokédex entry, how tall is it? 9'10, close enough.

This theory actually annoys me, lol. Especially since it was on Cracked and everyone started believing it...the meteor that crashed into Unova crashed into the crater in the top right of the map. Not into the desert with the ruined buildings. And the buildings being ruined was due to something that happened millenia ago, not sometime recent.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Yea I know sorry, but I just put it out there since no-one had mentioned it before :P

Okay, I actually have a theory of my own that I forgot to share.
    I think that Erika, might be homosexual. I mean she doesn't allow boys to train in her gym and she gives you the Rainbow-Badge, I think that says it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Okay, I actually have a theory of my own that I forgot to share.
    I think that Erika, might be homosexual. I mean she doesn't allow boys to train in her gym and she gives you the Rainbow-Badge, I think that says it all.
    Haven't you ever heard of a sorority before? And as for the badge, the badge is shaped like a flower, and each petals are rainbow colored. You might notice that Erika's GYM is indeed colorful...

And come on, how can something as beautiful as this be homosexual?!

Conspiracy Theories

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Okay, I actually have a theory of my own that I forgot to share.

I have a theory too. Notice how when you battle Bugsy, or any trainer in his gym, there is always a chance that your Pokémon will be poisoned? Well, I know what this disease is. Bugsy gives out the Hive Badge, which would imply that the poison is urticaria, which is more commonly known as hives.

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • Haven't you ever heard of a sorority before? And as for the badge, the badge is shaped like a flower, and each petals are rainbow colored. You might notice that Erika's GYM is indeed colorful...

And come on, how can something as beautiful as this be homosexual?!

Conspiracy Theories

What, so homosexuals can't be beautiful? xD
    Also she trains Grass-types wich most people connects to flowers, and Yuri does mean flower in japanese.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    What, so homosexuals can't be beautiful? xD
    Also she trains Grass-types wich most people connects to flowers, and Yuri does mean flower in japanese.
    I'm not saying that homosexuals can't be beautiful!

Still, that's no reason to tell that Erika is homosexual. And when I think of flowers, I think of girls. The theory is as baseless as the world is flat.

Btw, I think Yuri means lily, some common Japanese name or something. It's also female-female sexual relationship genre or something. Not sure.

Procrastinatron

Annihilator of Youngster Joey
    Years
  • Among the most stupid would be the one I read about Lucario wearing pants because they're cool. Apart from creepypastas' theories, I heard another one where Venonat is apparently a cannibal. Then another one stated that Pokemon go through the process of natural selection (Zubat/Woobat), and then the theories became more preposterous after the other: Pokemon birth is the product of magic or eggs are placed in the Day Care by some ninja employed by Arceus (so basically Arceus is a Poke-stork) and that the Pokemon universe is set in a cruel, crapsack world where the gym leaders and Elite Four rule over society O.o

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • When I saw a post about the Striaton Leaders linking to the Shadow Triad, it kinda makes sence because well firstly there is three of them and secondly we don't know much about them.. at all which could be explored in the third game and they are the ONLY leaders that don't show up at N's castle.. coincidence? I think not!
    Also I see N/Ghetis traveling to Hoenn in an RS remake possibly a relative to Wally as they look awfully similar, as Steven did to Kanto in HGSS.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • I'm not saying that homosexuals can't be beautiful!

Still, that's no reason to tell that Erika is homosexual. And when I think of flowers, I think of girls. The theory is as baseless as the world is flat.

Btw, I think Yuri means lily, some common Japanese name or something. It's also female-female sexual relationship genre or something. Not sure.

Yea, Ok. But I also saw this whole Erika and Sabrina thing on TV-Tropes.
    But I'm still sticking to my theory :).

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Yea, Ok. But I also saw this whole Erika and Sabrina thing on TV-Tropes.
    But I'm still sticking to my theory :).
    Ah well, there's our problem! Not everything on TV-tropes, well based on my experience, is true.

But well, I'm sticking to my "theory" too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Lolol ever since I was a little kid I firmly believed in the Venonat/Butterfree theory!!! In fact... Venomoth's original sprite has his eyes 1/2 shut like Metapod does (dopey look) and has 3 spikes on its head that kinda look like butterfrees red head accent.

Not sure about the Magicarp/Gyarados one since their fins, mouths and "whiskers" do look very similar.

Heard the Gengar is Clefairy's ghost one... never shadow hahaha. And also that cubone is a baby Kanghaskan wearing its mother's skull... after all Kangaskhan does look like they should be ground type...

Also heard that Falkner and Volkner are brothers (this one is fairly weak), and that Agatha and Bertha are related.

Also that all the regions are in a great war, which is why very few ppl cross them... and thats the war Lt. Surge refers to. The war killed most of the main chars. fathers. The war ends before Soul Silver and Heart gold, but Unova is still against the rest of the regions.

Mew is hiding under the truck next to the SS Anne.

Also, the following are urban legends but still: Pikablu, AKA marril and Togepi were programmed into Yellow, and could be found by using Item Finder 500 or 1000 times respectively...

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Edit - I see that Toujours already mentioned this, but I overlooked it, sorry!

While it might not really be a 'conspiracy', I'm extremely interested in the theory of Venomoth being switched with Butterfree.

If you look at Venonat and Butterfree, you'll notice that they share a huge amount of similarities. The eyes, for example, are both big and red, like bug eyes. The colour of both Pokémon is the same, purple. The antennae are also the same, as for the mouth, and the big feet, and claw like, tiny hands.

If you look at Metapod and Venomoth, you'll also spot similarities (though not as much as with Venonat and Butterfree, but still). Metapod and Venomoth have the same forehead structure, which is also on the head of Caterpie, only in a different form. The eyes of Caterpie and Metapod are also more similar to the eyes of Venomoth, than Butterfree.

An interesting thing to point out, is the sprites of these Pokémon from Pokémon Green version. You can see here below that Venonat and Butterfree look almost completely the same, apart from their own body structure and Butterfree's wings. Venonat is just a purple fuzzy ball, with all the features of Butterfree.
    Conspiracy Theories

The theory is that in the first game, the editors messed up somehow and switched the sprites for Venomoth and Butterfree by accident, found out later about it when the game already released, and to cover up their mistake, they kept it that way and changed that to the official evolution lines. That means that Butterfree as of now, was actually meant to be 'Venomoth', and vice versa. This is supported by the fact that when you look at Venomoths wings, they look a lot like butterfly wings as well, so it wouldn't have been strange if Venomoth was actually supposed to be 'Butterfree'.

This is just something that interests me a lot, because you just can't get around the fact that Venonat and Butterfree look almost the same in their features, and the same goes for Metapod and Venomoth with the eyes and head structure. But we can never be sure about what the real reason for it was.

Also, I think the theory about Ditto being a failed Mew clone, is true. They have the same colour scheme, in both normal and Shiny form. They both weigh 8.8 lbs, and both can learn a move that no other Pokémon can learn, Transform. Another interesting thing is that in the Cinnabar Mansion, there are a lot of Ditto's to be found, and it is where many experiments between Mew and Mewtwo were performed. And it would make sense to me, because Ditto is just a blobby thing without form, so it is very plausible to me that it could be a failed clone.

Mind blown.

. . . The only thing I can come up with is, in the Japanese version of RBY, the man who's blocking the road isn't just grumpy, he's actually drunk.
    Not really a conspiracy, just kind of stupid classic Pokécensorship.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • The Mew and Ditto conspiracy is pretty cool. Both Mew and Ditto are the same weight, can learn transform, and shiny form is blue. Some say Ditto is a failed Mew, there are more similarities but I can't remember them.

Oooh, I like this one!

My personal pet theory is that Missingno. was a Pokémon who was glitched when Professor Oak was testing his first Pokéballs. I thought of it when I was a kid and encountered Missingo. for the first time, and it's stuck with me ever since - I think because I'm a colossal Star Trek nerd, and was always freaked by the transporter accident in ST:TMP.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    kadabra was a boy with pscyhyc powers. while he was practicing some experiments with his powers, he transformed to kadabra.

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
    Years
  • Conway and Cheren are brothers. Also Squirtle was the first pokemon to be created and Pikachu and Sandshrew were ment to be opposites (like Magmar and Electabuzz) but then nintendo abandoned the idea and created Pichu.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back