• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Contests Return!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Maybe after winning? We could even get a picture with our winning Pokemon. Speaking of which I sure hope that the painter from RSE returns. I got a drawing for each category (most of them being of my Prize winning Latias...)

I never got a painting, so I definitely hope he returns!!

I assume that the category splits will return as they were in the originals, and the Contest stats will just be unviewable if you trade your Pokemon over to XY.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • The only painting I've ever received as far as I can remember is the Beauty Contest with Milotic lol xD I hope they do return with a more lively painting haha

And as for the category splits, either they just hide it in XY or add it in the patch.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't recall them having the contest stats visible in the games that lacked them which shared the same generation with RSEDPP (aka FrLg HgSs), so it'll likely be hidden in XY like it has in the prementioned games plus Gen V and XY.

Years
  • I cannot WAIT for this!! :) I spent almost the same amount of time taking part in the Contests as I did playing the main game lol xD It'd be cool if you could take part in them online against Passers By etc. in much the same way as you could trade/battle in X and Y :)

Years
  • While everyone is at the Mega thread I'll just take the time to post this
    Spoiler:

I'm liking the new look. I wonder who that girl with the blue hair is. At first I thought it was Winona, but it seems to be someone else. Perhaps she's the Aarune of contest :)

Btw I fear the reactions of May's contest dress from those who were bothered by her new normal clothes. I think there may be five, one for each of the contest stats.

Years
  • Lucia (a.k.a. me /brick'd (one of my nicks is Lucia)) is really cute <3 Also, looks like the protags. get contest apparel just like Lucas and Dawn did in DPPt? That, or Trainer Customization confirmed :D Maybe at least for contests; I can see five like ^ stated.

Also find it neat the Pikas can learn special moves; poor Pika Ph.D being the only one to learn a status move, though :<

Years
  • Lucia (a.k.a. me /brick'd (one of my nicks is Lucia)) is really cute <3 Also, looks like the protags. get contest apparel just like Lucas and Dawn did in DPPt? That, or Trainer Customization confirmed :D Maybe at least for contests; I can see five like ^ stated.

Also find it neat the Pikas can learn special moves; poor Pika Ph.D being the only one to learn a status move, though :<

According to Serebii she'll give us costumes as we go, so it seems like these aren't the only ones. It'll be interesting to see Beautiful Brendan and Rock star May xD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I hope contests don't turn out to be a mix of Gen IV's version and musicals from V. I want them like the original tbh. ):

I'm still hoping we get some sort of battle round but we more than likely won't since that would have been revealed by now, I thought the Pikachu's getting special moves was a little hint that we were but apparently not lol.

also that latest contest scan annoys me because why is Salamence randomly on stage with a bunch of Pikachus?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm wondering how old Lucia is !!!
    I like her to be same age as the Player Or Ash.

Years
  • I hope contests don't turn out to be a mix of Gen IV's version and musicals from V. I want them like the original tbh. ):

I'm still hoping we get some sort of battle round but we more than likely won't since that would have been revealed by now, I thought the Pikachu's getting special moves was a little hint that we were but apparently not lol.

also that latest contest scan annoys me because why is Salamence randomly on stage with a bunch of Pikachus?
    Considering the costumes I'm guessing they'll at least be similar to Super Contests.

Salamence looks pretty cool in there tbh xD.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm really glad to finally see Brendan's whole head, and by that, I mean his hair without that white hat of his that I thought was his hair. xD

Yeah, he looks just like Ruby without that hat on, minus the scar (well of course, he's based off of him). I can see him wearing these costumes in the manga. I hope he can have Sapphire put on the Beauty or the Cute costumes. I bet she'll look great in them (and I can imagine her protesting against the idea).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm hoping you'll be able to fight Lucia, especially if she's able to use Mega Altaria. (Also, off the topic of this thread but since she seems to be a notable figure with a Mega, maybe that confirms Mega Flygon since Aarune has a Flygon? Can't remember if someone mentioned this in the Mega Evos. thread or not XD)

Still wondering if any other Pokemon'll receive costumes. If they do, I can't see them getting special moves like Pikachu, but then again, who knows, haha.

Years
  • I'm hoping you'll be able to fight Lucia, especially if she's able to use Mega Altaria. (Also, off the topic of this thread but since she seems to be a notable figure with a Mega, maybe that confirms Mega Flygon since Aarune has a Flygon? Can't remember if someone mentioned this in the Mega Evos. thread or not XD)

Still wondering if any other Pokemon'll receive costumes. If they do, I can't see them getting special moves like Pikachu, but then again, who knows, haha.
    That thought crossed my head too. Perhaps she'll battle in the contests. It'll be interesting if going Mega changes the judging (or if it'll even be possible)

@ Flamebot We still don't know much about how the contests are going to work in these games (I think we need to wait for more to be translated or said in a future issue, or for the official site to update if this issue ends up lacking those specifics)

Years
  • I have to say, I'm loving that Lucia character already. The fact her outfit is blue with fluff accentuations definitely fits Altaria being her signature Pokemon. Also, given the CoroCoro scan showed Brendan dressed in Pikachu's Rock Star outfit and May dressed in the Pop Star outfit shows that apparently the player's character dresses up for the contest, sorta like what happened in Sinnoh where the player wore a tuxedo or dress during the contests in D/P/Pt.

Pikachu's different contest outfits having unique moves is pretty nice as well. They all seem fitting for them although Pikachu Belle (aka the Beauty one) learning Icicle Crash kinda made me scratch my head. Don't get why that fits it, but maybe because most Ice-type moves tended to be classed as Beauty as far as move categorization for contests went. Other than that, I can't wait to see which categories the moves from 5th and 6th Gen get placed in given Contests didn't exist after 4th Gen until now.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Brendan looks better in that costume. =p Probably less practical outside in the Hoenn sun though.

I wonder if we'll get other costumes for the protagonists to reflect what contest theme they enter in? After all, the two shown here match two of the Pikachu get-ups remarkably well.

As for how contests work, I would really just rather less dancing and a return to the RSE mechanics. Let some contest moves take appeal points off other Pokemon please, it made it much more fun and strategic.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Contests look to be glorified reasoning to give Pikachu alternate forms. Now I don't expect anything of real value from them since they appear just for Pikachu and it's forms based on what we've been given.

=C. RIP contests.

Years
  • Contests look to be glorified reasoning to give Pikachu alternate forms. Now I don't expect anything of real value from them since they appear just for Pikachu and it's forms based on what we've been given.

=C. RIP contests.

At least it's getting some special moves for what it's worth. I wonder if it'll get to keep them if we evolve it in one of those forms. Imagine an Icicle Crash Raichu holding air balloon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So wait, Pikachu's costumes aren't just for display only? Looks like Pikachu can finally slay dragons without relying on HP Ice, but it must be a physical set, and thank goodness Brick Break, Volt Tackle, and Wild Charge exist. As much as I adore May's contest dress and Lucia, I fear GF may be going overboard with all the midriffs, especially on minors, as we live in a society where showing off a bit of skin is considered as taboo, because it's not professional (just ask the rope guy from One Piece).

Back