• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Controoollers

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Every video game console have their own, unique controllers. Which is your favorite, and why do you like it? Which is your least favorite?

I, personally, really like the controller for Xbox 360. It's not too big, and it's not very small either—it's the perfect size. The way that it was designed make it very easy to hold onto, and the buttons have a lot of spaces between them, so you'll never confuse them with one another. If you're new to this controller, then you'll get used it quite naturally, as it's very comfortable. Only thing bad about the 360 controllers are batteries—most of these controllers aren't rechargeable, which forces you to switch their batteries constantly.

Another of my favorite controller is the WiiMote. Most of the time, WiiMote requires you to move around when playing. This makes you feel that you're actually a part of the game, and not someone who's just viewing all event from the outside. Not only that, but by moving around, you're also burning quite a few calories, which is great if you're trying to lose weight! And even if you're not, it's still good for you, as it helps with blood circulation. WiiMotes are very light, which makes them easy to carry and use them just about anywhere.

I don't really dislike any controllers, to be honest… but if I had to choose, then I'd have to go with the one for Nintendo 64. I found the N64 controllers to be pretty gigantic, which made them a little hard to hold. Their buttons were quite large as well, making the controllers look a bit unattractive. :( Also, their shells were very rough—I didn't like that at all. Would've been a lot better if they were smoother.

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I too like the XBOX controller, the 360 version more so than the XBOX. They also have rechargeable battery packs almost everywhere. Wal-Mart, GameStop. So it saves me money.

A close second would be the GameCube controller and the PSOne controller sans the analog sticks. It was so light. And I've always enjoyed lighter controllers.

Finally the Sega controller was another favorite. I just liked the design.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'd probably have to say the Xbox 360 controller is on the top of my list for the reasons Perdition Haze said above, with the Gamecube controller coming second.

I personally didn't find the Wii remote to be comfortable or easy to use, and with games like Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword using items like bows can be quite a pain!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I don't like the 360 controller at all. It feel really cheap and the d-pad is atrocious. But the worst part about it is the awkward offset thumbsticks, which make playing 2D games a nightmare as it cramps my hands.

I like the PS2 controller the most. It's easy to hold, feels great and has reliable thumbsticks. I also like the Classic Controller (Not the pro, the one which looks like a SNES controller on steroids) and Keyboard and Mouse.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I always hated every playstation controller. Always felt too small and sensitive. The xbox 360's controller is at the top of my list, though I usually just game with a mouse and keyboard.

TY

I love the PS3 controller, since its wireless and i got used to the PS2 controller so much that PS3 would only be better, but as a RTS gamer i prefer mouse and keyboard over anything else

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I really like the Wiimote with Nunchuk. It's not necessarily the motion-while-I-play thing that I like, I just like that I can have my hands in almost any position I want while I play. Y'know? Like, if I want to play with my right hand positioned behind my head, and my left hand below my right armpit, I can do that.

Not that I would, but the point is I have a lot more freedom to hold the controller how I like. XD

P.S. PS3 controllers are cool, too. Have you held a brand-new one? Damn, those things are slick!

Last edited:

TY

I really like the Wiimote with Nunchuk. It's not necessarily the motion-while-I-play thing that I like, I just like that I can have my hands in almost any position I want while I play. Y'know? Like, if I want to play with my right hand positioned behind my head, and my left hand below my right armpit, I can do that.

Not that I would, but the point is I have a lot more freedom to hold the controller how I like. XD

P.S. PS3 controllers are cool, too. Have you held a brand-new one? Damn, those things are slick!

Yes i did... I actually bought a brand new one and i always use it ever since xD

Years
  • The only real experience I've had with the Xbox 360 controller was back when I was game testing a lot, but it felt nicer in my hands than my PS3 controller does. That being said, the unaligned joysticks on it really bothered me, and even after a year or so I just couldn't get used to it. If they placed them like the Dualshocks do then they'd easily be my favorite, but I'd rather stick with my Playstation controllers for now.

Years
  • The PS3 controllers are definitely my favourite. Some part of me likes that it's remained relatively similar to the Dualshock 1 controller throughout my many years of gaming. The other likes the sleek uniformity.
    When I compare it to the 360 controller which is undoubtedly the biggest competition, I feel the 360 controller is cheaper, the triggers aren't solid enough to be triggers, the D-pad is horrible and the weird skittle buttons feel like just that - candy rather than buttons.
    It's also unnecessarily bulky in appearance.

It'll be interesting to see the next gen controllers and how they stack up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    360 controller all the way! Cannot stand the Playstation controllers, thumbstick placement feels awkward and whoever thought that convex triggers we're a good idea needs to be fired immediately.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hm, I really like the Wii controller myself. The main Wii stick and the analog controller. I'm still getting used to the Wii U controller, but, it's a nice mention, imo. I've tried using the Atari 5200 controller with... bad results. XD

Back