• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conversion help

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    I have the Invader Zim disk one and two from the boxset in an .iso image format. I was wondering if there was any way I could take the episodes and convert them to .avi?

Edit:

I've tried mounting the image to a virtual drive using daemon tools and then using a program to convert the dvd to .avi but I've had no sucess.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Use Daemon Tools to virtually mount it and then use DVD Decrypter to rip the relevant VOBs in stream processing mode. You should be able to watch the VOBs themselves with CCCP or SMPlayer. AVI is horrible, if you need them in AVI I'll tell you how to do it, but it's a terrible and outdated format.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    I decompressed the .iso image so I have the audio and video folder which contains the .vob files. But I want to be able to take the individual episodes and convert them to mp4 actually, not .avi. If I play the extracted files it shows its playing video_ts.vob there arent individual .vob files for each episode. I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense but I'm trying to explain this the best I can.

twocows

Years
  • I didn't say to extract the ISO, I said to mount it with Daemon Tools. VOB files are encrypted on DVDs, you probably need to use DVD Decrypter. If there are multiple vobs per episode, you can just mux them together into an MKV using mkvtoolnix (specifically, mkvmergegui) if an MKV is sufficient for you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    I just got back to my house and did exactly what you said. I mounted the .iso and then used dvd decrypter.

Here is a list of the files I get under the video_ts folder.

View attachment 54553

This is the exact same thing I get when I extract the files from the .iso

The regular video_ts.vob is what contains the episodes all the rest are just director commentary and other stuff that I don't want.

twocows

Years
  • I just got back to my house and did exactly what you said. I mounted the .iso and then used dvd decrypter.

Here is a list of the files I get under the video_ts folder.

View attachment 54553

This is the exact same thing I get when I extract the files from the .iso

The regular video_ts.vob is what contains the episodes all the rest are just director commentary and other stuff that I don't want.
    Is the video_ts just all the episodes stuck back to back? If so, you can probably use avidemux (name is misleading) to split the vob at certain points into multiple vobs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    Is the video_ts just all the episodes stuck back to back? If so, you can probably use avidemux (name is misleading) to split the vob at certain points into multiple vobs.

Yes they are, and thank you. This is what I was looking for. I appreciate it.

twocows

Years
  • Yes they are, and thank you. This is what I was looking for. I appreciate it.
    I'll give you some instructions on how it works.
    Basically, you have to set two markers that denote the part you want to save, and you have to set them at reference frames. You can move back and forth between reference frames with the up and down arrows. Once you've got the part you want to save selected, just go to save --> save video.

Back