• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Converting Projects

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
  • I downloaded an example project from some random site a while ago, and I just now decided to try to open it and see the examples within the project. The problem is, it was made in Postality Knight's Edition! How do I convert it so that it'll run in the normal version of RPGXP? I have the official version, and I DON'T want to download the warez version. If anyone knows how to fix the project so that parts don't make my version of RPGXP crash, please, tell me.

Years
  • If you have the true legal version, you can open the game bye game.rxproj, save it once, and it is updated with the DLL for the legal version. However, the scripts are still in the old format.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • If you have the true legal version, you can open the game bye game.rxproj, save it once, and it is updated with the DLL for the legal version. However, the scripts are still in the old format.

Thanks! I didn't know what would happen if I tested it. (I had heard of the illegal version causing problems with the legal one) Also, if I replace the scripts with legal (default) scripts, will that cause problems? I heard that the warez version has extra, script-supported options.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    The warez has some difference concerning fonts or something like that, I guess. Can't remember right... I changed from warez to legal version a long time ago. And using both at the same time never gave me any problem. And no, copying and pasting your scripts on your "warez" project won't do anything destructive (not much, at least lol)

Glitchfinder

Years
  • The warez has some difference concerning fonts or something like that, I guess. Can't remember right... I changed from warez to legal version a long time ago. And using both at the same time never gave me any problem. And no, copying and pasting your scripts on your "warez" project won't do anything destructive (not much, at least lol)

Thanks! I think there's more scripts in the warez version, though...

Back