• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Cool evolutions...Not cool evolutions?

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
    Kind of a weird thread. Its about being not cool looking then cool looking after it evolves and vice versa. I think Lairon looks cooler then Aggron. But I like Shroomish into Breloom that's cool :)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well I really dont like Feebass's and magickarp's because they are stupid looking but once they evolve they look really cool pokemon.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Well I really dont like Feebass's and magickarp's because they are stupid looking but once they evolve they look really cool pokemon.

You people Still dont get it MArgicarp is based of the legend of when the carp jumps ovet r the fountain it becomes a dragon omg come on people that is basic pokemon knoledege and Feebass has probably got something to do with the ugly duckling being ridiculed all its life being called ugly and than it evolves in to a beautiful Water Snake pokemon A stupid evolve was Licky Licky it is a pokemon i can do with out

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    pikachu looks amazing but riachu is style qwite good but pikachu tops it for me

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Vigoroth is much cooler looking than Slaking.
    I actually prefer Golbat to Crobat too.
    I like Crobat a lot. He looks pretty cool compared to the rest of the Zubat family. Golbat has that huge mouth.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    Lickylicky/Tangrowth/Scizor/Dusknoir/Magmortar = evolutions we really could've gone without.

Particularly Scizor. Scyther was known for its ninja-ness, but what's Scizor supposed to be? Hands that feed?

Crawdaunt's sorta cool I guess.
    Umm... Slowking and Politoed are just lame-o.

Houndoom is raw pwnage tho.

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    People, this is Advance Gen. No DPP Pokemon here. x'D

Bagon evolves into Shelgon. WTF. o 3o

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
    This thread probably could have gone into general pokemon section for all pokemon. Oh well. If a forum mod or somthing comes by please put this in general pokemon? Or somthing like that..

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    What the hell is a LickyLicky? And how dare Nintendo use that degrading name for a Pokemon. Unless the Pokemon effectively sucks.

EDIT: Oh...Oh dear.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Magnezone is crappy as hell! we don't need that evolution! magneton was enough and even more for me (on level 44 it almost killed rayquizza and lvl 45 kyogre)

Magneton pwns so bad.. and like someone said magmortar / tangrowth / electrobuzz evolution / dusknoir that doesn't reminds me of dusclops..l

when i get my platinum people will say that im stupid that i didn't evolved my magneton even that i don't care.. i love magneton the way he is and no stupid spaceship pokemon deserves its evolution

Edit : forgot to put that i like haunter more than gengar

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, I like Magneton too, it was wayyy cooler.

I don't like the evolution line of Staryu/Starmie.
    Starmie is just 2 Staryu's glue'd together.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I'm sure you will like Starmie after seeing a shiny one

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I would like to say that the evolution of Nincada, Ninjask, and Shedinja. It really shows the basic evolution of insects (When one sheds it's exoskeleton to mature).
    I still wish they would tell us on how a Shedinja would appear in the Pokéball, though.

What evolutions I really don't like is Magmar's and Electrabuzz's. They were better off as their original form.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Just as like any bug pokemon available at the start.. (caterpie, weedle wurmple etc..)

yeah electrobuzz looks like a beast in the new evolution and in the one before it looked nice and tough

magmar's evolution wasn't needed since nobody is using mamgar lol
    well as like they got themselves a baby form they got themselves a evolution.. but if you get an evolution.. DONT MAKE IT LOOK CRAPPY

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Just as like any bug pokemon available at the start.. (caterpie,
    magmar's evolution wasn't needed since nobody is using mamgar lol
    Not true. My friend's Magmar kicked ass in FR/LG.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I'm sure you will like Starmie after seeing a shiny one

Please, tell me that's a joke. Shiny starmie is hideous.
    Cool evolutions...Not cool evolutions?

Anyway, I prefer Zubat and Golbat over Crobat, and Magmar over Magmortar. Magnezone needs to go die, same goes for Probopass. I agree with the OP in that Lairon looks cooler than Aggron.

Back